Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Thank Tom for the awesome tips

Posted by Bflo 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Thank Tom for the awesome tips
March 01, 2015 04:02AM
I always learn from your awesome tips. No exception this time either. I will keep this short and I hope someone will make a compilation of all your post. Heck I wish he'd do it in book form and publish. Wouldn't that be awesome. So I've had a love hate w my pre and update 75 noise, target separation chatter etc. but it's finally coming together and I feel confidence building. I read the last post about FA process and layed 5 targets in the floor and ran through all the processes. Big wake up for me. I'd been hunting 99% of the time in boost P but after seeing how FA can ID I had to try it. What's weird is I had tried it in the field several times and if was just like machine gun Fire and it drove me nuts. Don't know what changed tonight but in less than an hour at a place I've gone several times I found (all clad )5 quarters 4 dimes a couple of old pennies a pendant a tiny and I mean tiny silver ring about the size of a dime and width maybe a mm very very tiny and the find of the day a old Masonic silver ring with a G and I think some sort of stones. I'm gonna post the pics on FM cause I don't know how here. The only thing I did not find today in the pic is the 1901 dime I found at the iron furnace a couple of weeks ago. Last thing the Nell sharpshooter rocks and seems to love silver and coins. That what I used tonight and loved iit. separates great stable and pinpoints good. I think I'll get the next size up and become a all around Nell guy. Very impressed with them.
Re: Thank Tom for the awesome tips
March 01, 2015 01:38PM
The more education you have............ the more "wealth" you will acquire...... and certainly not just referring to money...as it's a 'secondary'.

Happiness, contentment, fulfillment, prideful, hope, completeness, innovativeness, inspirational, motivational, gratifying, , , , , endorphin trigger (with subsequent health benefits thereof).
March 01, 2015 01:55PM
I will second Bflo's motion. I have been detecting for 40+ years,but since using Tom's videos and reading,reading,and rereading Tom's posts I have learned MORE in 6 months than 40 years about detecting. And another "thank you" is deserved by Keith Southern and several other knowledgeable posters on this forum.What a great bunch of guys and gals---thanks!!!
March 01, 2015 04:40PM
As for being fairly new to metal detecting world... I to must give a thank-you to Tom and others for their free time and knowledge on this forum... couldn't have done with out it..it's made my learning curve quicker and much more enjoyable.
A special thanks to all the members on this forumsmiling smiley
March 01, 2015 05:05PM
Yes I have learned a lot about the tech side from this site.. Which is great. Instead of just walking and swinging I'm actually using some brain power. Got the pic posted on the other site if any one has ever seen one of those mason rings and knows it's age or if it is a specific ranking or its worth let me know.

Brian
March 02, 2015 08:31PM
I've often told Tom he should write a book, but he doesn't have the time. Time is THE most valuable of all commodities, we only have so much and can't really buy any more of it.
March 04, 2015 05:43AM
time waits for no man!

(h.h.!)
j.t.