Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Facebook Group

Posted by Spaceport 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Facebook Group
March 01, 2015 10:09PM
Hi folks, if any of you are on Facebook and want to check out my family friendly drama free detecting group come join "RELIC HUNTING THE USA"
discuss and post anything detecting related not just relics.

[m.facebook.com]
Re: Facebook Group
March 02, 2015 06:45AM
We have nice group shirts for sale too lol!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/02/2015 06:45AM by Spaceport.
March 02, 2015 07:23AM
Spaceport Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> We have nice group shirts for sale too lol!

Great spam. Only 7 posts.
March 02, 2015 11:35AM
Mr Spaced Out...You coming on here that way is like moving your 'like' wares onto another persons flea market table...and not even saying hello to the occupant.... wth dude?
March 02, 2015 02:58PM
ozzie Wrote:
> Mr Spaced Out...You coming on here that way is
> like moving your 'like' wares onto another persons
> flea market table...and not even saying hello to
> the occupant.... wth dude?

haha, you always say it best Ozzie!!!
March 02, 2015 10:49PM
Judge, jury and executioners.....

FYI...I know Mark (Spaceport) personally, I turned him onto this forum. He is a regular guy and detectorist just like other's on this forum. Mark started his facebook group "Relic Hunting the USA" just because of his love of the hobby. He asked me PRIOR to posting about it here, if I thought it would be a good idea to help boost membership in his group. I told him, PM Tom and get his permission first...which HE DID. I will say that Mark probabely shouldn't have posted about the selling of the shirts, but here is what you need to know...Mark has given away for free more of the shirts than he has ever sold, and all the money from the sale of the shirts goes right back into buying more, to be used for giving away more shirts FOR FREE. Some of you have NO CLUE....I have witnessed what Mark has poured into the group in the form of time and money...for something he makes NO MONEY at. Hell, I wouldn't do it. Mark has paid out of his own pocket for several hundred decals of the group that he has given away for FREE, I already commented on the shirts...the only reason he even made the shirts for sale is because so many members contacted him wanting one even if they had to buy one, and he cant afford to give every member one for free.
March 02, 2015 10:59PM
Did someone say free shirts?
March 02, 2015 11:02PM
Yeah. Mark is alright. I got one of them shirts too.

Discrimination is the root of all evil.
March 02, 2015 11:39PM
If I can please chime in here...

I too asked Tom, about plugging my site when it first launched, and he was gracious enough to oblige, which I am still appreciative of, to this day. However...

I had a bit more than 8 posts when doing so. Not saying it is the case here, however, I find him signing up for an account, and then immediately posting about his group quite dubious. Not saying there was definitively an ulterior motive, but it's a bit suspect, IMO. Further...

In the same manner in which he asked Tom if he could could get a plug here, it would have been nice if he asked me too, before blatantly advertising his site on MINE. I noticed it when he signed up, and was hesitant to say anything, however, his timing is the concern. He COULD have signed up here anytime in the past. He COULD have signed up for my site anytime in the past. Yet, he only signs up when his FB group launches?

Sorry, not trying to be craggy here, but there's a right way to do things, and the wrong way. The same way I wouldn't sign up on Tom's site, and then 3 days later ask for a link to a competing entity, I don't think your buddy should. The same way I wouldn't go on Steve's site, and upload an avatar plugging MY site, I don't think your buddy should. It's called, respect.

I'm all for helping someone out, just as others helped me out. But, asking BEFOREHAND is optimal.

Once again, not trying to nitpick, but I'm noticing an alarming pattern with this fella and his webpage.

Joe

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/02/2015 11:49PM by njnydigger.
March 03, 2015 05:58AM
Well looks like I ruffled some feathers, well my apologies to anyone I offended yes Seky turned me onto this forum and yes I did ask him if posting the link here was aloud and yes he told me to ask Tom which I did.... No I do not have many posts here but when is that a crime? Boy I tell ya some of ya are awful cranky lol. Do you think Tom did not notice I only had a few posts? I am quite sure that is one of the first things he looked at when I sent the pm to him. Probably was not a good idea to plug the shirts so go ahead and slam me from behind your keyboards if thats makes ya feel like a man, I don't mind. As far as joining this site or any site and posting my link 3 days later I have no idea what you are talking about, I joined this forum more way more than three days ago. In fact I am pretty sure I joined way before my group was even a thought.

NJNY DIGGER??? Please fill me in as to what alarming pattern you are referring to. I would love to know because I have NEVER EVER POSTED MY LINK ANYWHERE WITHOUT ASKING FOR PERMISSION FIRST. So Joe tell me what site is yours that I never asked you permission to post in and joined and right away posted a link in and if you do have a site that you did not like someone or me posting to assuming I did why did you not simply say something to me if you did not think it was right since you are so outspoken here?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/03/2015 06:08AM by Spaceport.
March 03, 2015 06:02AM
Ozzie it's right here... I said, " Hi Folks"

Sheesh, some of ya need to lighten up or light something up and breathe and relax and not take yourselves so seriously.
March 03, 2015 06:22AM
No need to worry ladies and gentlemen of the jury, I will probably retire at 25 posts or less after seeing some of you are more vicious than the folks on Facebook. Talk about walking into the wrong neighborhood, it's ashame too because for the past year since Seky told me about this place I have spent alot of time reading, enjoying, and learning from good people like Tom and Keith and alot of the other sane members here. But like they say there is nothing like a first impression, well you two gentlemen have definitely left one on me NJDig n Oz ...well I will still be in the shadows and read but will most likely not comment often like before because I see like anywhere else unfortunately people are so quick to judge and put themselves UP in the ALMIGHTY position of blasting out attacks through keyboards which seems quite childish and self centered to me, but heck, what do I know only had single digit posts like so many people's IQ's.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/03/2015 06:27AM by Spaceport.
March 03, 2015 11:36AM
What's that saying about giving a man enough rope? lol
March 03, 2015 12:15PM
ozzie Wrote:
> What's that saying about giving a man enough rope?
>

Lol
March 03, 2015 02:00PM
"can't we all just get along"---Rodney
March 03, 2015 02:23PM
Dude, chill out. We get bombarded with spam on this forum. Did Seky tell you that??
March 03, 2015 02:52PM
Sure we can get along, and we do. A little palm smack up side the head never hurt anybody, including me.
March 03, 2015 06:25PM
This issue has been resolved. And I do owe Spaceport an apology, as it wasn't he who posted the blatant advertising on my site, but his Facebook group administrator, instead (John Maher). Since John's profile was emblazoned with photos and links to this relic hunting group, I inadvertently thought it was SP, and I'm sorry.

Site likes these ARE hit with a lot of spam, and garbage advertising, so, if I, or we, jumped the gun a bit, hopefully the OP can understand why.

Joe
March 03, 2015 07:27PM
ozzie Wrote:
> Sure we can get along, and we do. A little palm
> smack up side the head never hurt anybody,
> including me.

LMAO!

Right on Oz!
March 03, 2015 08:14PM
Jeez I truly am sorry and Seky is right I should not have posted shirts for sale, I did it in a lapse of judgement, I am so heavily into reading and surfing all groups and forums and anything I can find on detecting and at the time I posted that I think I was exhausted.... Trust me as I am sure many can relate so much of my time is devoted in one way or another my wife gets upset or feels as if her time is stolen away. I apologize for John and can mention something to him. It was super cool of Tom to approve the link and I appreciate it very much, ut trust me I am in no way shape or form any competition, I am here to read all the exciting things going on within the hobby... Yes I do not oost much because I go to so many sites and its 99% of the time through my phone and I am not really good at typing. So I like to comment once in a blue moon if something gets me really excited but most of the time sit back and read. I have been a member here if I can recall correctly for close to a year and had the name recentlycured but comething happened on my end and I could not access it anymore so around six months ago had to join again under a new name. HH all and again my intetentions were not to step on any toes or tick anyone off. Yes I am pretty new to the hobby but am so consumed by it I try to stay connected to it in any way possible and that is how my group started.... Out of love for the hobby thats it, I am not here to profit off of anyone amd not to toot my own horn but as Seky said I have poured alot of money into the group so that members can have some free stuff now and then just to put a smile on someones face... Lift sucks sometimes lol ya know so if I can smoothe over someones crappy day with a sticker to me its a cool thing. I have to say I am truly happy as heck when I find a new place to read or see finds machines etc and thought I would share here..... Joe I see you have the classified site.... Hats off to ya man thats how I met Seky and I love that place and have found many great deals there.... Is this the site John bent over? Lol or was it a social media group you have that he violated.?
March 03, 2015 11:20PM
Just send me 6 T shirts, free of course, to sooth my hurt feelings and then we can talk forgiveness. Size XL in 60/40 or 2XL in all cotton.
March 03, 2015 11:27PM
Its all good Spaceport! Welcome bud,sorry about my bad manners,but like I said,we get slammed with spam. Ill check out the group...but dont get feelings hurt if I dont join, I really dont care for facebook much...this here is my f.b.,lol Ray
March 03, 2015 11:35PM
It's always good to see resolution and forgiveness. I think I'll head over there and join Spaceport's facebook group. I read alot too. And I also buy too many danged detectors. If that Racer Pro pckge don't hurry up and get here,.....I'm gonna freak out! (LOL) And I already have a very very capable unit......F-19 with 11 inch coil. But just the thought of that tracking number working it's way towards me is .......addicting?
But the main thing is.....this all got straightened out like champs!!! I'm proud to be a participating member here. Fact is, I am starting to make a few personal friends who are members of this forum!!!!
March 04, 2015 12:05AM
Group hug!
March 04, 2015 12:15AM
Welcome to the forum Spaceport
Corey
March 04, 2015 12:48AM
sekypaleo Wrote:
> Group hug!

LOL!
March 04, 2015 12:53AM
Welcome to the forum Spaceport!!
March 04, 2015 02:01AM
Boy! You never see this happen to often. You guys are great. This is an awesome Forum!
March 04, 2015 02:09AM
The forum was chattering along blabbing about detectors and not so much detectors.

Then someone mentioned FREE T-Shirts.

And that's when the fight started!!

Join the gang Spaceport, we talk, chatter, get on each others nerves and in the mean time share a wealth of knowledge :-)

HH
Johnb
March 04, 2015 04:06AM
Thanks, talked to John, don't think he really thought he was plugging the group so much as telling a little about himself and how he is involved in the hobby. He understands to ask first now. Glad to be here, been here a while just have been consumed with reading and learning more so than posting.