Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Gold fell like a rock today....

Posted by Keith Southern 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Re: Gold fell like a rock today....
March 08, 2015 05:00PM
No, Bryannagirl, that is not like saying that at all. (the statement about 'just because someone is German, they hate Jews). I didn't say one thing about Sunni Muslims being bad. I was addressing the posts about our fearless leader doing nothing at all. I stated a fact. I wasn't making a blanket statement that "Sunni-Muslim's are bad people". No......not even a hint of it. I am trying to understand why our "leader" is not doing crap and I offered up my post as a possible reason WHY he is not taking a more pro-active stance. (The crap hit the fan when I made that post.) I should have restrained. But I do NOT want to see our country (or even ONE MORE of it's citizens get beheaded....or any other countries citizens for that matter). I am truly sorry that you took my post the way you did, and that another comes along and cheerleads you for doing it. I may not know how to word stuff exactly right and convey my meaning in a clear and concise way.......so the best course of action for me , when it comes to politics, is to not say a word about politics on this forum. There is a real good chance that I didn't even make myself clear in THIS post. But go ahead, make your rebuttal.....along with the other guy........but out of respect for Tom and his forum......I ain't getting tangled up in a game of semantics. I HAVE done some research on the Sunni and Shiite Muslims, and NOT out of hatred. And the Sunni's and Shitte's hate each other almost as much as they hate Israel. But finally, the reason that I made that post (so that Muslim's won't go hating on me) is that Obama is a Sunni Muslim.....and ISIS are Sunni......and MAYBE that is WHY.......that he is playing paddycake or whatever. And maybe I am quite wrong. But there is absolutely NO DENYING that Obama is taking a very soft stance against ISIl or ISIS or however it's properly said. But saying that is NOT anti-Muslim or anti-Sunni-Muslim. I'm AMERICAN. (and not a real bright one for getting mixed up in this). Oh well, I tried. (this post was about Gold. I apologize to the original poster for hijacking this thread.) Bryannagirl Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Ok - I really do not believe that to be true - but
> I have been wrong before so can not say for sure.
> But even if he is that is like saying if you are
> German you hate Jews if you are black you are a
> drug dealer etc... I think there is a lot of hate
> being stirred up on the Internet. Not good for
> anyone. There are powers financing this hate.
> There are powers trying to manipulate financial
> markets, and there are powers trying to control
> what and how you think and I think it is working.
> I say powers because that kind of influence takes
> money and lots of it. It is not the democrats.
> It's not the repuplicans. It is someone else -
> truth is I do not know who it it is or what their
> end goal is. But who ever they are they have a
> plan and it is working. They are trying to divide
> us, scare us - I can see it. Good people are
> saying words and acting in ways they never would
> have 10 years ago. Be Careful what you watch and
> read, challenge everything. Try not to fall into
> the blame game and the you against me stuff that
> is being put out. Be cautious, but also try to
> not to live in fear. The best times this country
> ever had is when we all had confidence in our
> country and other Americans. Try to look for the
> good a little more then the bad. We do have a
> great country and great people. I hope at some
> point we all start see that and start working
> together and ignore the negative and fears others
> want us to focus on.
>
> Back on your statement Kevin. My son grew up
> with a kid named (eye-oz) phonetic version, his
> dad was a plastic surgeon, his family was all
> Sunni Muslim, they were and are very good people.
> i always taught my children to judge people by
> how they treat you and others around you. Never
> group them together because everyone is and
> individual. I still believe this to be a good
> practice.
>
> Oh and one more thing try and not watch news or
> negative Internet propoganda - instead watch Keith
> videos they are much more uplifting - also go do
> more detecting - good therapy for the soul.
>
> Kevin B Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Obama is a Sunni Muslim. He says so in his
> > autobiography. But you heard heim sau that he
> was
> > Christian on TV? Well, I'm, telling ya that he
> > identifies himself with the Sunni Muslims. ISIL
> is
> > also Sunni.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/08/2015 05:04PM by Kevin B.
March 09, 2015 06:32AM
possum mo Wrote:
> Kevin, lots of storm clouds on the horizon. We
> don't know exactly when or how bad the storm will
> be, but its coming. Hope we all survive it.

riight "smell" bad times ahead!..survival instincts kickin' in!

(h.h!)
j.t.
July 20, 2015 10:33AM
They seem to be blaming the recent falls on selling by the Chinese. This doesn't sound like a good thing. Anyone have thoughts?

There seems to be two opinions on the price out there. Those who just see it as part of an ongoing decline since 2011, and those who are looking for a bottom in the price, an end to a bear market, and the hope (anticipation?) of an ongoing climb in prices.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/20/2015 11:04AM by Pimento.
July 20, 2015 12:19PM
Im in the second category.
July 20, 2015 12:58PM
Bought my gold and silver back in 02/03--paid 288.00 each for a big sack of St. Gaudens and around 5/oz.for my silver. Was going to sell some gold when it hit 1800.00,but head man at big gold buyer told me to hold it if I didn't need the money. Maybe I should have,but now I just watch it go up and come down. If it ever goes to 289.00/oz I will sell out so I can get a profit. As Keith says these are strange times.
July 20, 2015 01:08PM
NASA-Tom Wrote:
> ((( I know I stated this about 7 years ago.... in
> regards to a 'new' Golden Rule ))):
>
>
> The Golden Rule = Those with the most
> gold............. rule.

then we better start learning Mandarin....
July 20, 2015 04:13PM
To put things in perspective canslawhero = There are 196 countries on planet Earth. China is only one country (1/196th). BUT............ 1/4 the world speaks Mandarin!
July 20, 2015 06:38PM
I believe China is a major buyer of gold..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/20/2015 06:47PM by canslawhero.
July 20, 2015 06:47PM
err....the reason for my bump is because it seems they aren't:
[www.bullionvault.com]
[uk.finance.yahoo.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/20/2015 06:49PM by Pimento.
July 20, 2015 06:52PM
Pimento Wrote:
> err....the reason for my bump is because it seems
> they aren't:
> [www.bullionvault.com]-
> 072020152
> [uk.finance.yahoo.com]
> e-came-surge-102256133.html;_ylt=AhLR9alPCJmWLY2Z9
> IidmqrUr7FG;_ylu=X3oDMTFiMTR2ODlmBHBvcwMyBHNlYwN5Z
> mlFZGl0b3JpYWxSU1M4BHNsawNnb2xkc3JhcGlkc2w-

I guess I spoke too soon...
July 20, 2015 09:34PM
Pimento Wrote:
> err....the reason for my bump is because it seems
> they aren't:
> [www.bullionvault.com]-
> 072020152
> [uk.finance.yahoo.com]
> e-came-surge-102256133.html;_ylt=AhLR9alPCJmWLY2Z9
> IidmqrUr7FG;_ylu=X3oDMTFiMTR2ODlmBHBvcwMyBHNlYwN5Z
> mlFZGl0b3JpYWxSU1M4BHNsawNnb2xkc3JhcGlkc2w-

"We do see a lot of people in China selling gold to get fast cash to go back into the equity market," said a Singapore-based trader.

This is the salient point today as over 50% of the investing population (note well the numbers in Tom's post above) in China is finding the discomfort of being caught on the wrong side of savage margin calls in a crashing market and gold is performing the function of a "safe haven " for them , allowing them to raise cash to(hopefully) prevent them from experiencing total losses of their positions. We live on the double sided sword of dollar hegemony and our currency continues to increase since we are on a more solid capitalistic base than the rest of the socialized/communistic world.

We are not an island however and as the worlds ability to purchase our exports decreases with their economic stress worsen we will rapidly see the effects here at home . Precious metals are for preservation of wealth more than profit---if you bought gold/silver WITH DOLLARS OF AN INFLATED NATURE AT THE TIME , it probably still has retained it's actual value today in deflated items , like foreign currency , oil , foreign detectors(Racer , Deus) and many commodities that are produced overseas. Central banks print money to pump into the financial markets which they can manipulate downward to destroy the created wealth and continue to debase the currency. That is the actual "pump and dump" the FED was created to preserve 100 years ago working on a global scale. We have been their model.

The pendulum will return.
July 21, 2015 12:25AM
All the markets are no longer free markets, but heavily manipulated by the central bankers. A few weeks ago, the day that the mint ran out of silver, for minting its silver eagles, the price of silver dropped . If the markets were supply and demand, the price would have jumped up instead. It is rumored the mega banks are crushing the price of precious metals, and are heavy buyers at the same time. For those of us who are still stacking, these price whacks are truly a gift. I ordered more silver this am, and will continue buying below $20. As fragile as the banking system is, and as bankrupt as most countries are, its only a matter of time before the herd rushes into safety. Someone who said China was dumping gold, that's bull. They are accumulating in earnest at these prices.
July 21, 2015 01:52AM
Paradoxical "deceptiveness".
July 21, 2015 02:07AM
Daniel Tn Wrote:
> I hate to talk politics here but I have to say: I
> wish we had leaders here in the US like Israel
> has. They have balls and know how to handle those
> extremists. Unlike OBummer who likes to play a
> childs game of PaddyCake with them.

israel is no country to mess with!..we had all we could do to keep them out of the iraq conflict!
we have to tread lightly with them,because they WILL act independently from us when it involves iran!
they are NOT prone to be as diplomatic as we are.

(h.h.!)
j.t.
July 21, 2015 02:13AM
NASA-Tom Wrote:
> ((( I know I stated this about 7 years ago.... in
> regards to a 'new' Golden Rule ))):
>
>
> The Golden Rule = Those with the most
> gold............. rule.

"money" is power in ANY form!"

(h.h.!)
j.t.
July 21, 2015 05:04AM
Kevin B Wrote:
> possum mo Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Kevin, lots of storm clouds on the horizon. We
> > don't know exactly when or how bad the storm
> will
> > be, but its coming. Hope we all survive it.
>
>
> I think about it alot Possum. And taking care of
> my 82 year old mother makes it even more
> worrisome. She is set up right now to live her
> days in her own home and in comfort. I would not
> want a destroyed economy to cause her ANY type of
> bad stuff. I promised her that I would keep her at
> home. She was insistent. So far, so good. But I
> have been keeping up with the economy and Congress
> and the President and all they seem to want to do
> is take care of their own butts. What happened to
> the REAL MEN. The Presidents of old who would
> create a solution. No matter what party
> affiliation, they seemed to have the people's best
> interest at heart.

Come on, give me a break...
In days of old, even the opposition (to the president) had the best interest of America at heart and would back the president when he was right. Today, all the opposition cares about is fighting the president every inch of the way even if what they are doing is WRONG and dangerous for the country and its citizens. Obama is the real man here. More people ought to listen to what he says and watch what he does and not listen to the idiots who don't give a crap about the common man in this country and just keep lying to those who are gullible enough to believe their ignorant rants just because it's what they want to hear.

Like the saying goes, we get the government we deserve. Well some deserve it; I just have to put up with it. Obama is not the problem. The problem is that 51% of our country is ignorant.

There are two sides to every discussion and I thought it was time that those who like to dish it out every week or so had a chance to hear from the other side.

Now, can we get back to talking about metal detecting; something that we know something about?

I generally try to refrain from responding to ignorance. I guess I couldn't help it this time.

Wayne

Pleasant Garden, NC
AT Max, Nokta Impact, MX Sport, Nokta FORS Relic, GPX 4800, Infinium, Racer, Deus, F75SE, Nautilus DMC II (order of acquisition, last to first)

Does an archeologist argue with a plow? A bureaucrat with a bulldozer?
July 21, 2015 07:49AM
One thing the 'gold commentators' seem to mention a lot is how little silver has fallen in the past week, and that suggests the gold fall is over-done (as measured by 'relative stength indicators') and it's likely to bounce back quickly as the low prices attract buyers.

There certainly were people out there looking for the bear-market turnaround. In February, when the price broke out to the upside, there was a definite sense of "this is it, what we've been waiting for", but the fact that the breakout failed as quickly as it started is not a good sign. And the price has then fallen further since March.
July 22, 2015 11:54AM
$1094 this morning. I still believe China and India are waiting to get their hands on more REAL yellow than paper. Based on PLT prices i still believe gold is higher than it could be.
July 22, 2015 12:55PM
This is true, platinum was 1800 US dollars/ounce in 2011, and it's currently around 970 Dollars.
July 22, 2015 07:53PM
Just a farmers opinion but when the time comes the good says people will be casting there gold into the streets it will be as worthless as money people will be bartering for tangible items food clean water shelter medicine a lb of gold won't feed a hungry baby I know as a farmer I would want leather made Dr skills seeds oil grease hand tools in trade for grain milk meat and eggs not gold. Right now though I would to trade for because there will be times it would come in handy before it gets as bad as I mentioned above. Also this is not to advise any for against precious metals just my humble opinion. On a detecting would really love a gold coin this year I found my first first barber dime and barber half maybe getting closer? !
July 26, 2015 11:24PM
This is exactly right possum. The manipulators are doing just that. So, so true. The ones that state our economy is becoming "brighter" and things are "looking up" are the same people buying in hoards. Hang on everyone this is going to get exciting!

possum mo Wrote:
> All the markets are no longer free markets, but
> heavily manipulated by the central bankers. A few
> weeks ago, the day that the mint ran out of
> silver, for minting its silver eagles, the price
> of silver dropped . If the markets were supply
> and demand, the price would have jumped up
> instead. It is rumored the mega banks are crushing
> the price of precious metals, and are heavy
> buyers at the same time
. For those of us who are
> still stacking, these price whacks are truly a
> gift. I ordered more silver this am, and will
> continue buying below $20. As fragile as the
> banking system is, and as bankrupt as most
> countries are, its only a matter of time before
> the herd rushes into safety. Someone who said
> China was dumping gold, that's bull. They are
> accumulating in earnest at these prices.
July 27, 2015 11:42AM
Bullets are more previous than silver or gold.

Why?

With bullets I can take silver and gold, medicine, clean water, food, etc. Especially from those who have been vocal about being anti gun. winking smiley
July 27, 2015 12:11PM
I notice you didnt say you would be protecting what YOU have........ but taking from others. Might be something to gun control after all ..... or not being the first guy thru the door at my house lol.
July 27, 2015 12:51PM
Dewcon -- The ones without defense/protection will be the first ones to get preyed upon. In the end times picture that some of you are painting, you are forgetting that people will be going for survival at whatever means necessary. Not for fortune like so many seem to be trying to gear for. When it comes down to survival, people will do what they have to do to survive. If that means moving somebody out of the way to get it...then so be it. A person can't stay barricaded in their house forever; and transporting lots of gold/silver everywhere you go would seem like a good way to get stripped of what you are hauling.
July 27, 2015 01:17PM
Obama a man. Not hardly. He is the worst President ever and we can't get him out soon enough.
August 07, 2015 12:32AM
I read the stock market/precious metals commentary blog of Franklin Sanders from time to time. He's kind of predictable, so what he said on his Monday summary made me take note.
Here's the blog page:
[silver-and-gold-prices.goldprice.org]
After describing the Greek crisis, and the restrictions on getting money out of the banks, he said:
"Here's an idea for you ... get two or three months living expenses out of the bank in cash. Put that cash someplace safe where you have 24 hour access. ... do it very, very soon."
I've never noticed him making such suggestions before, makes me wonder what he's thinking, and why now rather than, well, any time in the past 8 years, really....
August 07, 2015 01:29PM
ShovelNose Wrote:
> Obama a man. Not hardly. He is the worst
> President ever and we can't get him out soon
> eno
Not as bad as war monger Bush#2
August 24, 2015 01:20PM
Maybe this is the event that Mr. Sanders was anticipating?
[uk.finance.yahoo.com]
...or this is the start, anyway.
Gold has certainly put on a modest rise recently as the markets and the Dollar have hit troubles.
August 24, 2015 04:09PM
NASA-Tom Wrote:
> Paradoxical "deceptiveness".

I love that comment Tom. "They" want you to think Gold doesn't have value as it did in the past. And, "they" have the means to do so, as you can look up very quickly.
A few points that come to mind:
- The Chinese are buying gold up (and have been) as well as recommending it to their people. They want their money in the international basket and they are going to (partly) back it with gold.
- The Banks have been shorting gold (puts) whenever it shows any sign. It is pure manipulation. (One of the more memorable moments was after bad economic news. They pre-emptively hit gold. Business as usual)
- The Bullion Banks sell large amounts of gold to control the price as well.

My point - Paradoxical "deceptiveness" smoking smiley
August 24, 2015 04:50PM
Yawn

If the goal price doesn't shoot up during the current economic uncertainty and downturn – then you can forget about it. It then becomes just another commodity.

Just my opinion of course – I could be wrong – I was wrong once 1974 - lol

Rick Kempf
Gold Canyon AZ- where there is no gold