Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Just watched Tom's "Real World Techniques" video...

Posted by Mojave 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Just watched Tom's "Real World Techniques" video...
June 05, 2010 05:08AM
Excellent work, Tom. I really like how much footage you shot on location. I still can't tell what you mean by "washed out" high tones... and I'm afraid that when I take the CZ3D on its maiden voyage, I'm going to be digging a ton of iron because I haven't learned the difference in the sounds yet, but I definitely feel like I learned a lot watching the video. I'm jealous of some of the finds you got... I don't think I'll be lucky enough to find any barber quarters where I'm at, and I know I won't get the kind of depth you got in your ground... I just hope the CZ3D will be able to do decent in my California ground.

Thanks again. I really enjoyed it.
Re: Just watched Tom's "Real World Techniques" video...
June 05, 2010 10:33AM
I bought the DVD last year and have watched it more that 4 times already. Great learning tool.
June 05, 2010 11:52AM
"Washed out" audio sound = NOT sharp sounding. Not distinct. The beginning......and the ending of the audio is not abrupt. Yes, it does take a fair amount of field practice; but, once you get it, , , , you will never lose it.
June 05, 2010 01:52PM
Mojave,

Get about 10-20 hours in on the CZ and you will start to hear those differences. Especially when you dig everything and learn what the audio is telling you. Once you hear that sound that is distinct, sharp yet mellow and dig up a silver coin, you will not forget what that sounds like and will learn the subtle differences.

High tone coin sized targets ( I say that because some washers sound great !) that aren't shallow have a unique sound to them. Just make sure you use good headphones.

JC