Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Using the F-75 for coin hunting...

Posted by christopher-ohio 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Using the F-75 for coin hunting...
March 04, 2008 11:51PM
I see that 4 tones may be good for CZ users using the F-75. My question is that let's say you hit a nice silver dime at 8 inches here in nice black Ohio soil...Do you still get a high tone to depth or does it drop to a midtone like an Edge particularly if there's some square nails around? The Coin$trike ID bounces but the high tone is rather consistent to depth like an Explorer; what about the F-75?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/05/2008 01:32AM by christopher-ohio.
Kas
Re: Using the F-75 for coin hunting...
March 05, 2008 01:09AM
My CZ-3D will high tone on any good targets such as silver or old nickles or indian head cents.
Re: Using the F-75 for coin hunting...
March 05, 2008 02:37AM
A partially masked silver dime (or any coin....for that matter) can do weird things to ANY detector.
......As far as; "At what point (depth) does a silver dime (or coin) start to ID improperly in your type of soil" can only be determined by making a test-garden.... and doing a head-to-head comparison between different detectors. The F-75 in particular will "hold-it's-own".... when compared to a CZ. This is quite surprising..... considering the F-75 is a single freq unit. If a CZ can 'see' a dime to a depth of 12"...... but can only PROPERLY ID the dime to 8" in medium mineralization soil.... you can expect nearly exactly the same with the F-75. Most targets in bad soil will all ID as iron. In this (above) dirt situation,,,, a silver dime at 10" will ID as 'iron'.

Tom