Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Thanks alot people for getting me in trouble, AGAIN

Posted by u2robert 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Thanks alot people for getting me in trouble, AGAIN
March 16, 2015 08:39PM
So tell me how I'm going to explain the new Racer I am about to buy to my wife. I've used the excuse " Oh honey I had that detector" (because my other two detectors are black cz6a & x5 and the ace being yellow) with the Racer being Red she knows damn well I don't have no red detector, spray paint maybe?, a black bag over it?, I need a little help here people.............?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/16/2015 08:52PM by u2robert.
Re: Thanks alot people for getting me in trouble, AGAIN
March 16, 2015 08:43PM
u2robert Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> So tell me how I'm going to explain the new Racer
> I am about to buy to my wife. I've used the excuse
> " Oh honey I had that detector" (because my other
> two detectors are black and the ace being yellow)
> with the Racer being Red she knows damn well I
> don't have no red detector, spray paint maybe?, a
> black bag over it?, I need a little help here
> people.............?

Put the black rain covers over the detector, so it becomes black.grinning smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/16/2015 08:44PM by Etsija82.
March 16, 2015 09:04PM
u2robert Wrote:
> So tell me how I'm going to explain the new Racer
> I am about to buy to my wife. I've used the excuse
> " Oh honey I had that detector" (because my other
> two detectors are black cz6a & x5 and the ace
> being yellow) with the Racer being Red she knows
> damn well I don't have no red detector, spray
> paint maybe?, a black bag over it?, I need a
> little help here people.............?

Just sneak around!----Be REAL sneaky!!-----Keep it in the background----keep the other detectors in front of it!----Rush to get it covered with something if you see her coming!-----If these brilliant strategies don't work---I don't know what to tell ya-----you'll be in a world of sh--! (like me sometimes--voice of experience speaking here) smiling smiley
March 16, 2015 09:10PM
Just tell her your holding it for a friend lol
March 16, 2015 09:38PM
Thanks funny! I looked at my wife and said honey you know that pink AR-15 you have been wanting. You can go ahead and take one of my AR's and send it off and have it made pink if I can order the Makro Racer. That's all it took. Racer is ordered and I'm happy and my wife is happy. See if there is something she has been wanting and Barder with her. She doesn't need to know how much it is or that you have already ordered it. Move fast man. She gets something she wants and you get the Racer.
March 16, 2015 09:57PM
Just shock her into submission...LOL!!!

dont stop get a boat load then the confusuion will set in and she will GIVE UP...

I have 16 right now myself..and I was trying to thin the heard...Im bad about buying machines to just test one thing out..or say test it against another unit in one scenarioThen really have no use for it...heck I usally just hunt with a G2 or F19 the most...I like the way they run..

In all seriousness though I guess I have it good from all the stories I read about Spouse's and detector hiding...

Never heard my wife say a word about them...except maybe if she cant hear on the phone or watch T.V from my downstairs testing..LOL!!

Heck shes even bought me a couple over the years for present's...

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
March 16, 2015 10:09PM
Heck when I encounter the situation I try to meet the shipper if USPS or if not you can have the package held at the shipper and pick it up....then sneak it in the cellar and chances it will blend into the scene when you are going into the field....
March 16, 2015 10:13PM
Put it onhd at UPS center where you can pick it up at 6am then play hooky from work to go play with new toy! Oh I've never done it just thought about how it could work! Lol ( nose growing). You could hide a couple of the older ones and say you've done some horse trading!

Walt,

From the GA-FL line

Silver microMax, CTX 3030, Excal 2, ATPro
March 16, 2015 10:31PM
Hey Robert,

OK...I got ya...

My Racer Pro Package came and the box contained [ so much stuff ] that you won't have any problems trying to hide it or disguise it!!

I'd say that it's my seventh or eight detector from this company and the amount of FREE goodies that they provide with each model is mind boggling!!

THEY PACKAGE REALLY WELL...other companies take Note.

Oh, did I mention I also received the NEW 'NOKTA' pin pointer...the Waterproof one!! And the packaging that went into that would embarrass "Smith & Wesson"

The 'Racer' came with:
a screen cover (black with see-thru plastic)
a control box cover (black neoprene)

....so you won't have any problem disguising it so she won't twig that it's something new!!

Good Hunting

Des D
March 16, 2015 10:54PM
I "may" have been known to slip a close friend some cash and make a purchase on his card. I've started wrapping my machines in camo gun wrap. Did it for the looks and protection, a benifit is they all look the same lol.
March 16, 2015 11:13PM
Ha! Glad to see I'm not the only one who has to try to get detector stuff past his wife!! She gave me her blessing to get an F2 a couple of years back and complained about its price. When I outgrew the F2 I had an F70 shipped to my work place last year and the F2 went up in the attic for a spare (she won't look up there because I told her there are lots of spiders there) and luckily she couldn't tell the difference. I'm kinda locked in to to Fisher now I guess due to them all looking similar, and the F75 LTD2 that I'm saving for looks a whole lot like my F70 so I think that's going to work out fine!! Dunno what to do if the urge strikes to branch out to a different brand some day. winking smiley

Anyway, good luck with getting the Racer by your wife!!
March 17, 2015 12:16AM
Tell her your "field testing" it smiling smiley
March 17, 2015 12:18AM
Men - always think you have to hide things -its the hiding the gets us mad not the stuff. Heck we know your going to get stuff. Just remember to get stuff for us also!

My spouse likes to spend money on fixing up the Harley. I like the results - bike looks amazing- just not the price tag - but I have detecting and cameras so it all kind of evens out. Remember truth will set you free - plus I nice gift helps also. smiling smiley

Bryanna - Nebraska

Current - New to me but not new MXT Pro and T2 SE2 - Previous Minelab Sovereign GT, Minelab Safari, Whites DFX, Whites Eagle Spectrum
Smile its a good for you!
March 17, 2015 01:38AM
Heck I've had detectors shipped to my neighbors house to keep my wife from getting pissed at me!!
March 17, 2015 01:53AM
Yes you are a tester...or just don't get it so we can enjoy our hunts and post them for you to read???

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
March 17, 2015 03:30AM
I bought my wife a real nice car last year. Im still driving a beat up work truck w/ 350,000 miles,or a 79 cj5. Now she cant say crap about my detector purchases,lol.
March 17, 2015 03:42AM
Just tell her: "No matter HOW MANY detectors that I own, or WILL own,....YOU will be the only thing in my life that makes it worth living. NOTHING could take the place of you. I want YOU to be happy. Don't you want ME to be happy?" (just an idea) On second thought, I'm divorced and I wouldn't listen to much advice from me concerning marriage.
Deer season and duck season was the contributing factor in my divorce. There just so much stuff that a man needs!!!! Decoys, calls, deer stands, rifles, muzzleloaders, bows, arrows, fletching jigs, etc etc etc etc etc
I wish you luck.
March 17, 2015 04:24AM
Tell her you found it metal detecting. It was is a 12 inch deep hole!

Tell her you got this one because its really good at finding diamond rings.

Paint them all red and when she asks about the color, say "What are you talking about, they were always red".

Or you can say, "this is the last one i'm getting", that works every time! NOT lol

Bey
March 17, 2015 06:30AM
You bought a $1 online raffle ticket and you won the third place prize.

Kenny
[www.youtube.com]
March 17, 2015 08:40AM
My wife is driving a new 2014 F150 with 148 miles as of yesterday. I'm driving an '02 Tundra with 200k miles. So she cant say much lol She even wrote the check for the GPX. All she wanted to know was how much to write down and who to make it out too.
March 17, 2015 12:01PM
Daniel Tn Wrote:
> My wife is driving a new 2014 F150 with 148 miles
> as of yesterday. I'm driving an '02 Tundra with
> 200k miles. So she cant say much lol She even
> wrote the check for the GPX. All she wanted to
> know was how much to write down and who to make it
> out too.

Yeah buddy,works like a charm.
March 17, 2015 07:11PM
My wife has lived vicariously through all my hobbies over the years and she always wants to know what I have found. She is understanding about the equipment but really has no clue. She buys what she wants and I keep my trap shut. Has worked for 30 years
March 17, 2015 07:43PM
My wife seems to think that all metal detectors cost $300. My first was around that price and she thought that was absurd. Then when I came home with an Etrac in hand and a smile on my face she says, "did you spend $300 on another metal detector?!!" All I could do was apologize.
March 17, 2015 08:05PM
aguerrero56 Wrote:
> My wife seems to think that all metal detectors
> cost $300. My first was around that price and she
> thought that was absurd. Then when I came home
> with an Etrac in hand and a smile on my face she
> says, "did you spend $300 on another metal
> detector?!!" All I could do was apologize.

LOL!!!!
March 17, 2015 10:50PM
I would rather beg for forgiveness than ask for permission lol
March 18, 2015 07:05PM
Well, I hope all this Racer hype doesn't lead to me buying one. The new smell is not even off my F75 LTD yet! LOL

But I'm a single guy and at least won't have to hide it from anyone. I'll just look at, think about the cost, and wonder why it doesn't suck the jewelry and silver coins out of the ground like I thought it would!

Mark
March 18, 2015 07:31PM
My wife just bought me an XP DEUS for our anniversary....problem is I gotta buy her a DSLR.....did I get a free detector or not...??? lol
cuz
March 18, 2015 09:46PM
Just dye your hair red if you have any, she will not be looking at that detector if you are bald talk her in to having her hair dyed red she will be so busy with the mirror she wont even notice you or the detector