Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

New water machine in the works from Whites...

This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
New water machine in the works from Whites...
March 25, 2015 03:12PM
Just talked with Whites Electronics a few minutes ago. Had a repair on my TDI. Great service as always. I ask if there was anything in the near future coming out. Their response was..." In the works but a ways down the road is an amphibious MXT type detector." Makes for interesting conversation and speculation with the talent that they have in their company now. As a beach hunter I would be more than interested in anything that could possibly find me more gold. Of course, just a rumor of a concept as of right now...Stuart
Re: New water machine in the works from Whites...
March 25, 2015 03:29PM
Don't hold your breath

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
March 25, 2015 04:12PM
Why because they are American and not Turkish or European. you do know they sell tickets. smiling smiley
March 25, 2015 07:35PM
Even if the ATpro was a total surprise to other manufacturers - once they saw how many were being sold should had made some of their own. I really believe Garrett was so far ahead of the other US companies they may never catch up in that market? I really don't think they can make an ATpro killer in that price range. So what after 5 years the ATpro is king of the amphibious TID/VLF at a reasonable price. I just don't see it happening or it already would have. Now Garrett is once again regaining the Pinpointer market with the PropointerAT. I really figured that 1st Texas would have done it by now? I mean they pump out m new machine every 3 months it seems?

Kenny
[www.youtube.com]
March 25, 2015 07:46PM
Trouble with Whites not the best on small gold but indeed a quality company....With water hunting becoming so popular al companies should take notice of multi dimensional units such as land and water combined...
March 25, 2015 08:16PM
How old is AT Pro??? What is its competitor detector made by another company??? shame shame...........Look this turkish bunch was able to produce a 7x11" coil for a Racer in just a few days. Seems a lot of companies cannot even produce a detector in a few years. We've seen this act before and I have commented here. The US auto market got caught flat footed. US firearms makers did too...........Detector Brand loyalty.... folks it's out the door IMO!!! Performance for the $$$$$ is what's it's all about. If the US companies don't understand that, oh well!!! We know what will happen to them. Great technology is happening in more places besides the USA. And time now I feel is not on the US based companies side. Xp, Makro, Nokta, Minelab will if the US manufacturers are not careful will suck up all the oxygen in the room. I feel they have already got a good start. There are opportunities out there for US based manufacturers. The Troy detectors and Nautilus could be picked up and improved with meters etc. The White's MXT can be improved (already a proven platform), same with Fisher F75. All I know is the gears had better be turning in these US companies and fast. The shipping process is far superior than it used to be. A foreign detector marketer now can dial your number (US detector maker) long distance better from around the World.
March 25, 2015 09:39PM
Actually, what I envision would be more of a direct competitor for the Minelab CTX 3030. A high end machine that excells in the wet sand and in water. A machine with all the TID/ bells and whistles that attract the water hunters who will pay the high price that such a machine demands. Minelab has proven time and again that a machine that is great will sell in hugh numbers no matter how exorbitant the price. They have two great beach detectors and some of the best gold machines out there and very little competition in those "nitch" markets. But those so called "nitch" markets have proven to be hugh and still growing. It is time for the American companies to recognize this fact and provide some stiff competition. With the quality of people that Whites has brought into its stable I think that they can produce just that kind of competition in the very near future. Just my thinking of course...Stuart
March 25, 2015 10:14PM
I think the MX5 should have been the one to go head to head with the At Pro. They should have made it submersible.
March 25, 2015 10:35PM
Its not extremely hard to produce when you copy ..

everyone is at fault more or less of copying each other,,, some do it more than others...some do it less than others..

What we need is company's coming up with new ideas...

The game changers in the last few years was the T2 and the GMP...

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
March 26, 2015 01:27AM
If it is some type of mxt circuitry, hope its the prospecting mode for water and relic mode for land.

If this is packaged right, may have both a water and land detector.

Need the prospecting mode for fresh water mineralization,

Paul
March 26, 2015 02:16AM
The market is becomng smaller I don't think if whites came out with a new water detector it would make big splash..Euro is the way for this year and last it seems

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
March 26, 2015 02:49AM
I would love to see competition in the amphibious market say under $800. I'm sure Whites could do it but they may not have the funds to do so?

Kenny
[www.youtube.com]
March 26, 2015 03:59AM
White's is in a tough spot. Depart from the tried and true metal box layout and they'll alienate many of they're supporters. Come out w/a plastic chassis on a higher end unit and its going to get picked on for being cheap. Stay the course (from a physical perspective) and they'll be increasingly labeled outdated. We keep hearing rumors of staff shakeups, councils of sponsored folks, and new machines. If nothing else hopefully they'll be more aggressive going forward.

They kind of remind me of Chevrolet. They changed they're trucks one time between 1973 and 2000. Once. They gave us different trim packages (coils), new paint ("E" series XLT's) while in the mean time others were gaining a foothold. Ultimately without the bailout GM may have gone under. I don't think Obama cares about detecting companies unfortunately.
March 26, 2015 04:28AM
Yes they are, but they had warning. Minelab fired the first shot over their bow years ago. Xp I figure fired the second shot. And Nokta/Makro has fired a 3rd. The made in America slogan is unfortunately not as big a promoter of sales as yesteryear. The folks that heavily believed in it are getting old and older. Hence the younger generations detecting public have been reared in more of a foreign competition market. I don't want to see any company fail. But facts are facts. And even Chevy and Ford can't even say made in america anymore and their commercials don't say such. The world is growing smaller at a rapid rate. Many other countries once regarded as 3rd world countries have some very educated folks. A lot of them got their education where??? Right here in the good ole USA. There have been reports surfacing for the last decade showing how Americans don't stack up so well in the Science and Math oriented degrees i.e Engineering and are lagging behind a lot of other developed countries. Could this be a result? Very possible.
I really feel White's made a wrong turn in investing and spending time on the color screen for their flagship detector. They should have spent the R&D on maybe perfecting the MXT platform. Detector power efficiency is lacking in their detectors/ergonomics and weight as well. Why they never tried to compete with the AT Pro is a big question mark. I mean they were considered to be a super major player in the detecting world, yet they chose not to play. Garrett has done well because of it. Competing on the world stage aint is easy as it use to be. And even more besides White's maybe just now starting to realize it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/26/2015 04:29AM by tnsharpshooter.
March 26, 2015 08:25AM
It takes me back to what ive been asking for..... a PI with a switch that can be used giving some disc tones once a target is located. All us water peole need is a way to distingish iron and some trash. Doesnt have to have a lot of depth in disc. Thought whites was going to do it with the TDI but they changed their minds. Single freq machines arent going to help us salt water guys. I do know Gary Storm has a 12" machine coming that he did a video on. Oddly single freq for salt water that by the video kicks butt on gold over whats out now.....if u believe the video.
March 26, 2015 08:29AM
in the UK sales of US made machines are dwindling year after year . Tesoro used to be king but now are rarely seen at rallies ,its all XP machines ,and deus in particular
March 26, 2015 12:09PM
I still like the Whites metal box looks and balance. Take it away and these machines will be nose heavy. But they could reduce the size of the box by half by powering them with 4 AA batteries. Better yet some Lipo's. Then the coils would have to be made lighter to re balance the machine. I think the push should be toward waterproofing future machines. Even if you never use it in and under the water this makes them dust proof.

Kenny
[www.youtube.com]
March 26, 2015 12:54PM
A company will tell you what you want to hear to keep you interested in their products..............................or what a person will interpret as being true or forth coming..................

And Carl M. when he left for Fisher said there will be no Whites water machine.............................does that now imply that Fisher will be coming out with a new water machine?

DeepTech Vista X with 3 search coils.
Works for me
March 27, 2015 03:50AM
Sven, I agree with you and said that it was only a rumor started by Whites to me. But I am hoping that with all the talent recruited by Whites in the past year that they realize their past mistakes in ignoring the "nitch market" of water hunting. The TDI has great potential for improvement as a water machine in my opinion, and the AT Pro and ATX have been very successful for their company. It would be hard to imagine that Whites has hired so much talent only to ignore the growing markets and the growing costs of those detectors and not use the talents at hand and not try to capitalize on it. They have to understand by now that they are way behind in that area and have to come out with their own game changer and that people will pay for a machine that delivers. Mid price or upper price really, both can do very well. I know Minelab has the seemingly unlimited budget but as other foreign companies are showing, it does not take an unlimited budget to make a great detector, just a different angle on an old idea. Finding good targets and eliminating the bad as much as possible with a machine that the majority of the users can comprehend how to use easily and efficiently. So not out of the realm of possibility at all. I am not in any way a dedicated Whites user although I started with a Spectrum and now own and use a TDI and a Dual Field, but have several detectors from other companies that I use as well, so just my opinion on their statements. I hope they come out with the next detector that will knock my socks off for water hunting. I feel they have the talent to do it if their management does not suppress them too much. I know one thing for sure, I will keep a little money earmarked for any detector that can improve my finds no matter what company or country it comes from. Always hope it is an America company though...Stuart
March 27, 2015 03:56AM
Lawrenzo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Don't hold your breath

it appears whites has hit a wall!..they are falling behind.they offer some good
stuff,but nothing new from them in quite a while!..wonder what's goin' on!
mxt family is a cracker jack series of detectors,but still,it's the same old, same old
quite frankly,it's GETTING old! we need a "sweet home'' breakthrough! .i'm just sayin'

(h.h.!)
j.t.
March 27, 2015 03:59AM
khouse Wrote:
> Even if the ATpro was a total surprise to other
> manufacturers - once they saw how many were being
> sold should had made some of their own. I really
> believe Garrett was so far ahead of the other US
> companies they may never catch up in that market?
> I really don't think they can make an ATpro
> killer in that price range. So what after 5 years
> the ATpro is king of the amphibious TID/VLF at a
> reasonable price. I just don't see it happening
> or it already would have. Now Garrett is once
> again regaining the Pinpointer market with the
> PropointerAT. I really figured that 1st Texas
> would have done it by now? I mean they pump out m
> new machine every 3 months it seems?

it may not be waterproof,but whitey's mx-5 is a "killer"
detector in same price range!..kinda unknown,it's a sleeper!
especially with a small coil on it!

(h.h.!)
j.t.
j.t.
March 27, 2015 04:04AM
tnsharpshooter Wrote:
> How old is AT Pro??? What is its competitor
> detector made by another company??? shame
> shame...........Look this turkish bunch was able
> to produce a 7x11" coil for a Racer in just a few
> days. Seems a lot of companies cannot even
> produce a detector in a few years. We've seen
> this act before and I have commented here. The US
> auto market got caught flat footed. US firearms
> makers did too...........Detector Brand
> loyalty.... folks it's out the door IMO!!!
> Performance for the $$$$$ is what's it's all
> about. If the US companies don't understand that,
> oh well!!! We know what will happen to them.
> Great technology is happening in more places
> besides the USA. And time now I feel is not on
> the US based companies side. Xp, Makro, Nokta,
> Minelab will if the US manufacturers are not
> careful will suck up all the oxygen in the room.
> I feel they have already got a good start. There
> are opportunities out there for US based
> manufacturers. The Troy detectors and Nautilus
> could be picked up and improved with meters etc.
> The White's MXT can be improved (already a proven
> platform), same with Fisher F75. All I know is
> the gears had better be turning in these US
> companies and fast. The shipping process is far
> superior than it used to be. A foreign detector
> marketer now can dial your number (US detector
> maker) long distance better from around the World.

very true! technology is rapidly progressing!
advances are happening right before our eyes!
the future is infinite!

(h.h.!)
j.t.
March 27, 2015 04:10AM
aguerrero56 Wrote:
> I think the MX5 should have been the one to go
> head to head with the At Pro. They should have
> made it submersible.

i agree,however,it is still an outrageous unit for the scratch!
it is killer in the junk it looks like a toy,but trust me,it's not!
it's lightweight,and like all whitey's detectors,very well made!

(h.h.!)
j.t.
March 27, 2015 04:14AM
Lawrenzo Wrote:
> The market is becomng smaller I don't think if
> whites came out with a new water detector it would
> make big splash..Euro is the way for this year and
> last it seems

should never sell whitey short.they have been a "player"
for a long,long, time,and they got the money and the moxie
to pull off an industry breakthrough.a very well established
top tier company!..i'm just sayin'

(h.h.!)
j.t.
March 27, 2015 04:17AM
deadlift Wrote:
> White's is in a tough spot. Depart from the tried
> and true metal box layout and they'll alienate
> many of they're supporters. Come out w/a plastic
> chassis on a higher end unit and its going to get
> picked on for being cheap. Stay the course (from a
> physical perspective) and they'll be increasingly
> labeled outdated. We keep hearing rumors of staff
> shakeups, councils of sponsored folks, and new
> machines. If nothing else hopefully they'll be
> more aggressive going forward.
>
> They kind of remind me of Chevrolet. They changed
> they're trucks one time between 1973 and 2000.
> Once. They gave us different trim packages
> (coils), new paint ("E" series XLT's) while in the
> mean time others were gaining a foothold.
> Ultimately without the bailout GM may have gone
> under. I don't think Obama cares about detecting
> companies unfortunately.

obama?..who dat?

(h.h.!)
j.t.
March 27, 2015 04:20AM
tnsharpshooter Wrote:
> Yes they are, but they had warning. Minelab fired
> the first shot over their bow years ago. Xp I
> figure fired the second shot. And Nokta/Makro has
> fired a 3rd. The made in America slogan is
> unfortunately not as big a promoter of sales as
> yesteryear. The folks that heavily believed in it
> are getting old and older. Hence the younger
> generations detecting public have been reared in
> more of a foreign competition market. I don't
> want to see any company fail. But facts are
> facts. And even Chevy and Ford can't even say
> made in america anymore and their commercials
> don't say such. The world is growing smaller at a
> rapid rate. Many other countries once regarded as
> 3rd world countries have some very educated folks.
> A lot of them got their education where???
> Right here in the good ole USA. There have been
> reports surfacing for the last decade showing how
> Americans don't stack up so well in the Science
> and Math oriented degrees i.e Engineering and are
> lagging behind a lot of other developed countries.
> Could this be a result? Very possible.
> I really feel White's made a wrong turn in
> investing and spending time on the color screen
> for their flagship detector. They should have
> spent the R&D on maybe perfecting the MXT
> platform. Detector power efficiency is lacking in
> their detectors/ergonomics and weight as well.
> Why they never tried to compete with the AT Pro is
> a big question mark. I mean they were considered
> to be a super major player in the detecting world,
> yet they chose not to play. Garrett has done well
> because of it. Competing on the world stage aint
> is easy as it use to be. And even more besides
> White's maybe just now starting to realize it.

mx-5 is a direct competitor to the at pro!..just isn't waterproof!

(h.h.!)
j.t.
March 27, 2015 04:30AM
It may be, but could be say 3-5 years late to the game. AT Pro already proven so has significant foothold on market.
March 27, 2015 04:45AM
yup! true they got in late! whitey got "beat" on the
pin pointer too!..have to say,charlie really "scored"
big time with the "pro-pointer",and it wasn't
painted "puke" color green either!..(lol)
March 27, 2015 04:52AM
You know this White's pin pointer thingy needs to be talked about just a bit. The first useable pinpointer they produce the TRX. I have one, they blew it. Got everything right but the tone volume. I mean when wearing headsets, sorta hard to hear. Why did it take them so long to produce even a usable pinpointer??? The bullseye ones were crap. And how much $$$$ has Garrett made on pinpointers??? Plenty. I don't understand the company at all. Maybe it aint fair to Monday morning quarterback them, but it's not just one issue. Seems to be many. The way I see it White's is Garrett's best friend!!!!
March 27, 2015 05:05AM
so it would appear! the pro-pointer was already in "play" for awhile before whitey tried to compete!
to be truthful,i don't have much use for a pin pointer as for over 35 years have let the coil do it for me!
guess i got good enough not to "need" one!..i said "need' one.i have a pro-pointer,keep it on my hip,
but always seem to "forget" to use it in the field! it gets used,just NOT all the time!..i look for whitey to
''snap out of it" and get back in the game,and smart money says they have something ready for the xmas market!
i'm just sayin'

(h.h.!)
j.t.