Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

A couple of short hunts

Posted by triplehooked 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
A couple of short hunts
March 31, 2015 04:00AM
Finally able to get out today and hit a couple of sites. It was a nickel and button day. I love those old shanked buttons. Coin wise... A buffalo (no date, of course), 1890 V, and a Jefferson. A few wheat cents, 37, 12, and 18s. The barber is an 01', no S... A whistle, thimble, and a few what's its.... It's nice to get out and dig some holes!

Re: A couple of short hunts
March 31, 2015 04:03AM
Nice finds Travis; especially after a long cold winter. Which detector were you using????
March 31, 2015 04:13AM
Thanks! I have been mostly using the Deus on the field sites. The V3i will be used for lawn hunts where I need to be picky and cherry pick a little.
March 31, 2015 05:24PM
Can you post a close up of the buckle on the bottom of your photo?
March 31, 2015 05:44PM
Nice flat button and 1-piece..

that site was in use for awhile it seems ...

1830's and on...good 100+ year site...

Nice womans sash Buckle wreath I see also.1860-1870..

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
March 31, 2015 06:18PM
Very nice! first barber I ever found was a 1901. Dayum Keith you're living in the wrong era or either 150 yrs old IDK lol. I don't even see the women's sash whatsits..............

Detectors used
Nokta FoRs CoRe, Makro R1, Makro R2X2, ETrac, 3030, Compadre, several others.
Obama put this country in the toilet, vote for Hilderbeast and she'll pull the handle

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/31/2015 07:41PM by Jack Flynn.
March 31, 2015 06:22PM
Keith, you are a wealth of knowledge, much appreciated info.! I figured the buttons varied a bit time wise due to their design, but no idea the wreath was a woman's sash buckle. Detectorist, I'll get you a better pic of it tonight. I actually have the hunt on video but having a heck of a time converting and uploading to you tube due to my poor connection and slow computer. I'm hoping to head back tonight as I ran out of time yesterday.
March 31, 2015 08:03PM
Here ya go detector. Any extra info is much appreciated!
March 31, 2015 08:39PM
Congrats on all the history saves, looks like a great site to detect!

I have found two 1901S barber dimes, both found in the San Francisco bay area....they're out there.