Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Why the scarcity of Tesoro testing?

Posted by Detectorist 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Why the scarcity of Tesoro testing?
March 31, 2015 05:24AM
It's hard to find anything regarding Tesoro's famed target separation. It's even harder to find head to head tests against other brands?

Are the only advantages ( I will admit they are important ) the Makro/Nokta have over Tesoros is the TID and minimal depth loss in Disc mode?
Re: Why the scarcity of Tesoro testing?
March 31, 2015 07:34AM
One reason might be that most of these tests involve machines that are relatively new on the market and most people haven't used and would like to know something about the performance of them.

Tesoro of on the other hand has a brother have a truly new machine in decades. While most of us have a warm spot in her heart for the company and very many of us have one or more of their detectors – they're just not news. You need experienced but innovative analog and digital designers to make a machine which can compare with the Deus, Fisher and Technetics, Nokta, etc. Sadly, Tesoro doesn't seem to have them.

If you look at Keith's Southern's previous posts you will see tests various machines.

Rick Kempf
Gold Canyon AZ- where there is no gold
March 31, 2015 01:10PM
"Back in 'the day', mid ' 80's, before Internet, e-mail and digital cameras, I was always writing "Tesoro"(Mr. Jack Gifford, who appreciated the feedback) with reports and photographs (color... LOL)

In truth, all that can be written about most Tesoro detectors has been written! Old News, but, still with a place in folk's [ machine arsenals ] today But,
........................................................nowadays News travels fast and people "want to know" all about [ the latest technologies ] i.e. Nokta, Makro etc."
March 31, 2015 03:18PM
Tesoros still have their place in treasure hunting, I mainly coinshoot and jewelry hunt. For a beep and dig machine they are still pretty darn good getting stuff down to 7-8". About as far as I want to dig in the places I hunt.
So there's always one or two kicking around here.

Tesoro fell behind by not producing a new fangled machine to keep up with the digital, screen world of detectors. And maybe that's why the Cazador was shelved? It was just another beep and dig. And recently it seems
Tesoro got sucked into a black hole, no news, no product updates. Just a friendly person at the other end of the phone when you call to answer tech questions and nothing more.

Rumor has been spreading that Fisher wants to buy Tesoro.
Dang, I better stock up on some cheap used Tesoro Precott, AZ models....................while I can....sell them for big bucks in a few years....

DeepTech Vista X with 3 search coils.
Works for me
March 31, 2015 03:31PM
Tesoro although they do like gold jewelry certainly can't compare with depth and for the most part even though they have their followers haven't come out with anything to compare with some of the depth demons that have emerged from other companies. In other words basically using old technology over and over again comes to mind...Certainly not knocking Tesoro as they make a good unit and back it up with service but are not on par with many new facets and rarely mentioned on this forum which I consider is for the most part one of the top forums around...
PS: for what its worth would bet they have found more gold jewelry than the high priced ultra technology of other companies...and yes at prices that fit most budgets...
March 31, 2015 03:38PM
Seems like Fisher buying Tesoro would be a step backwards.
March 31, 2015 05:12PM
The Tejon, for example, gets great depth and will run with the big boys with target separation. Many of the wow moments folks have when testing new detectors, such as the Turkey ones, are easily duplicated by the deeper Tesoro machines.
March 31, 2015 05:31PM
Type in tejon or Lobo St..Or even Cibola...

I know I have written a good deal on it on here...Not many seemed to be interested though so what do you do??

Tejon is still very relevant Today.....

Whats crazy is Tesoro has a Diamond in the rough right in front of them for the relic hunter and even advanced coin hunter's in old sites especially..

TEJON

1-Update battery box or even battery supply requirement

2-Add two tone user adjsutable in the iron disc range..Assign the first disc circuit to cover iron only ..this would increase the resolution and where ever its set let the tone beak form high to low..

3-Increase the auto tune speed of the all metal mode..way too slow for hunting in all but the best of grounds and even then its a chore..

update the coils to newer idea designs..DD's that are tight...Tejon is a high gain give us some amped up coils to go with them...

The platform Tesoro has is one of the best disc circuits in existance..

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
March 31, 2015 05:42PM
The Oulaw is a sleeper, it is great in the nails (ED-120 Disc.), good depth too, nabbed a injun at 8 to 9 inches deep.
March 31, 2015 09:36PM
Keith your ideas are always right on and IF Tesoro would listen to a real world guy such as you they could have a machine that would sell because it would do what people need and want it to do.However after spending 38 years in the 3rd largest company in its field in the world the one thing I took away is that ideas generated in the company meeting room are the ones that take hold.The guys on the front line,well what do they know.
This is what is refreshing about the Turks,they seem to Listen to people who actually USE metal detectors and as a result they have developed quite a following--Now IF we could just get FT,Whites,Tesoro and a couple others to listen to Keith---
March 31, 2015 10:19PM
One of my favorite detectors of all time, is the Lobo ST. I did exceptionally well with it and think that it is overlooked. R
April 01, 2015 11:29PM
As I developed into a tone hunter I let my Tesoros go. The golden was my first tone machine, it lacked depth and the 2 middle tones didn't have enough freq separation for my ears, made the switch to a F5. The Vaquero was the deepest machine I had ever used till I picked up a CZ, not to take anything from the Vaquero though, it would hit a dime at 9-10" no sweat. Just couldn't hang with the single tone though and let it go.
April 02, 2015 12:55AM
Sven1 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Tesoros still have their place in treasure
> hunting, I mainly coinshoot and jewelry hunt. For
> a beep and dig machine they are still pretty darn
> good getting stuff down to 7-8". About as far as I
> want to dig in the places I hunt.
> So there's always one or two kicking around here.
>
> Tesoro fell behind by not producing a new fangled
> machine to keep up with the digital, screen world
> of detectors. And maybe that's why the Cazador was
> shelved? It was just another beep and dig. And
> recently it seems
> Tesoro got sucked into a black hole, no news, no
> product updates. Just a friendly person at the
> other end of the phone when you call to answer
> tech questions and nothing more.
>
> Rumor has been spreading that Fisher wants to buy
> Tesoro.
> Dang, I better stock up on some cheap used Tesoro
> Precott, AZ models....................while I
> can....sell them for big bucks in a few years....

kick the "cazador" out da door! i'm waiting!
tesoro! BACK in da hunt!

(h.h.!)
j.t.