Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

I Need A Makro Racer

Posted by jimmyjiver 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
I Need A Makro Racer
March 31, 2015 03:34PM
Hi,,,,I'm still saving my pennies up to possibly buy a Racer.....I would like to try and debunk the accusations being made or just separate fact from fiction on the Racer....How deep does it go if I have to drop my sensitivity down to 39 in spots because of to many overloads?....Does it categorize to many items in the 82 range?...Does it false to much on twigs etc..?...Does the small coil go deep enough to pull the older deeper hidden gems?....Can I go to my old spots and still pull a plethora of coins with it?....Can it handle a park type scenario while hunting for old coins with little or no problems?....How good or bad is the three tone mode?....Does it actually give an overload signal to much or is it doable/usable in a park type scenario?....Are rusty bottle caps and pull tabs easily identified?.....Do nickels consistently fall into the correct VDI range/numbers?.... I have spots that I know there's good stuff hidden in some trash laden areas,,can it produce/perform a magical miracle moment?....I have been a coin hunter for decades and could provided the answers to these questions and even more....I just need a Racer but will I get one?....I'm still on the fence and slowly falling off......LoL......JJ
Re: I Need A Makro Racer
March 31, 2015 05:18PM
what do you use now?
March 31, 2015 05:36PM
I'll answer one of those for you. You will probably find a few coins at those old sites, but not enough to justify the money for a new Racer.
March 31, 2015 06:01PM
Strong point on the Racer is the small coil...Its world class...

has good mineral see through with large coil ...not saying its deepr than anyone else but its less likely to call non ferrous as ferrous at depth than some others...

It works through ANY trash well with that small coil as a plus ..

Its just another detector that I see some strong points with...others may see other strong point's...I do like the audio it's conveying....I.D is good for 6-7 inches. then it moves around...

its no secret alien tech.. its just a blending of current ideas in a unit...I still feel its a T2 and a GMP blended with better I.D. ability..And a Unique small coil design...

Not sure about twig falsing....??? maybe someones ground bal is too low??

I do a gorund grab on a DEUS and if its low on ground grab ..say below about 77 or so I get coil twig falsing..

I turn it up a little if it becomes annoying...

Tesoros are bad about it if its too low also.....

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/31/2015 08:46PM by Keith Southern.
March 31, 2015 07:27PM
Twig falsing = Is usually caused by faulty coil/coil wire microphonics.

jj ........... Understand all of your concerns; yet, you may be overanalyzing. It is not a miracle-stick; yet, is exceptionally good. ((( A persons 'mindset' (attitude) can ""fail"" a unit....... or ""pass"" a unit...... before he/she ever even hunts with it ))).
March 31, 2015 08:39PM
Being a "coin hunter" mainly = I'd say you'd do fairly well in getting one JJ
April 01, 2015 04:06AM
NASA-Tom Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Twig falsing = Is usually caused by faulty
> coil/coil wire microphonics.
>
> jj ........... Understand all of your concerns;
> yet, you may be overanalyzing. It is not a
> miracle-stick; yet, is exceptionally good. ((( A
> persons 'mindset' (attitude) can ""fail"" a
> unit....... or ""pass"" a unit...... before he/she
> ever even hunts with it ))).

I took my unit hunting today, being especially mindful of Re-ground balancing in this ever-changing mineralized dirt and to my satisfaction, the twig falsing went away. I made a rookie mistake and should have got in more experience before posting about 'twig falsing' yesterday. My Makro Racer will stay with me for a while. It's a solid performer and performs the tasks that I ask of it admirably.
April 01, 2015 04:22AM
JJ,
What's the last detector you bought and when???
And currently, what do you consider your best secret weapon coin detector??

I'm all ears!!!
April 01, 2015 04:26AM
Where are you located, JJ?
April 01, 2015 04:27AM
Is the Racer small coil better than the Nokta's? Just curious.

Keith Southern Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Strong point on the Racer is the small coil...Its
> world class...
>
> has good mineral see through with large coil
> ...not saying its deepr than anyone else but its
> less likely to call non ferrous as ferrous at
> depth than some others...
>
> It works through ANY trash well with that small
> coil as a plus ..
>
> Its just another detector that I see some strong
> points with...others may see other strong
> point's...I do like the audio it's
> conveying....I.D is good for 6-7 inches. then it
> moves around...
>
> its no secret alien tech.. its just a blending of
> current ideas in a unit...I still feel its a T2
> and a GMP blended with better I.D. ability..And a
> Unique small coil design...
>
> Not sure about twig falsing....??? maybe someones
> ground bal is too low??
>
> I do a gorund grab on a DEUS and if its low on
> ground grab ..say below about 77 or so I get coil
> twig falsing..
>
> I turn it up a little if it becomes annoying...
>
> Tesoros are bad about it if its too low also.....
>
>
> Keith
April 01, 2015 03:37PM
The racer is not the do it all detector..I think if you have a flagship that you use the racer may be something you want to buy as a backup and a detector you may want to go out and try after your flagship hunted out an area..if you are looking for a new detector and can't spend a lot of money then it is a great buy I think could be one of the best for the money it cost...But some of us want it for the small coil and maybe the next size up for hunting heavy iron and trash. Or getting up closer to fences or buildings...that is why I got it..the deus is my number one machine I love it and I understand it and how to program it and it has found me so much cool relics since I got it..the racer is to take out to places I feel I have cleaned out and see if I can get a few more hits I missed...

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
April 01, 2015 06:59PM
Its the exact same coil...

Is it better on the Racer Vs the CoRe?

in away for me it is...maybe others will see different...I like the more abrupt hits the racer gives compared to the Core that is a tad more modulated..

the racer is also modulated on deepies but in iron contamination I can snag some Non ferrous quicker audibly than the Core with small coil in same scenario,,not night and day but I can hear the more in your face hit compared to the softer type report....

as far as unmasking they seem the same..

I like the Audio of the Racer a tad better than the audio of the CoRe...and it personal preference...I like a more aggresive report..more audio volume indulgence to the signal...its not over saturated but its more like the original T2's the ones that got recalled and we ended up with the more modulated ones...Those early recall t2's with the finned armrest were HOT..

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
wjs
April 01, 2015 09:47PM
Ok, Jimmy I will sell you mine for $575 delivered and I will pay the paypal fees if you pay that way. I got my new coil in and the detector runs better for sure. It is just not going to work for the type of hunting I do. Maybe they will come out with the Impact in the future. This would work better for me.......;o)
April 02, 2015 12:47AM
Hi all,,,thanks for the info & suggestions....I live in the U.S. my best detectors are the ones I modify....Bill thanks for the offer, I need to learn more about this machine before I buy one now.......One person says one thing then another will say just the opposite it totally confuses me...I'm ready to bang my head on the wall....We had 4" to 8" of snow yesterday in our area,the spots I want to hunt are still frozen....I might just quit detecting and lay around and drink myself into a coma.......JJ
April 03, 2015 01:36PM
Snow? Dang, JJ, where do you live?
It's in the 70s here in North Cackalacky and beautiful!
Come on down/over/whatever direction it is!

Hate to do this to ya, but it's actually been a bit too warm while detecting the last couple days. I didn't detect last summer (don't like the heat/humidity) but have more of a bug now, so may have to give the early morning/late evening regimen a try to see if I can detect thru the summer.

Hey JJ, I finally gave in. Had a Racer pre-ordered and cancelled. Considered giving PI (TDI SL) a shot. Then the F19. All the while continuing to consider the Racer. Then someone here on the forum responded to my email with a phone number and said give him a call. I did, and he kindly relayed his experiences with the Racer, for which I am grateful. After that, I was off the fence and now have one on its way here. Only one way to find out what the Racer will do for me. I look forward to finding out.

Hope I'm not putting any pressure on you, my friend! <vbg>

Pleasant Garden, NC
AT Max, Nokta Impact, MX Sport, Nokta FORS Relic, GPX 4800, Infinium, Racer, Deus, F75SE, Nautilus DMC II (order of acquisition, last to first)

Does an archeologist argue with a plow? A bureaucrat with a bulldozer?
April 03, 2015 02:18PM
Hi Wayne,,I'm in Mi..ironically it was near 60 yesterday and the snow is pretty much gone now (today) except the northern exposure areas........I have to admit the Racer is looking better today than yesterday......Fortunately I get to check one out this Sunday?....I will know if it's the machine for me in just a few short minutes then........I do see a learning curve of several months to a year before I learn it really good.... I don't mean just pulling coins I mean to acquire the skill and know exactly what the machine is telling me....Like the shape of the item,foil,age,denomination of the coin even Injun's have their own sound etc....I hunt by sound only so it's inaccurate VDI is of little concern to me....Good luck with yours and keep us posted on your results..........JJ