Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Never hit this many coins in my garden till now.....

Posted by Jack Flynn 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Never hit this many coins in my garden till now.....
March 31, 2015 08:30PM
Eased outside with the Racer and decided to hit my coin garden. Planted it some 8 years ago but did not realize that the underground electric lines to the house were so close. Lot's of chatter with every machine I've put over it no matter what. Just walking up the yard as you get closer the chatter escalates a lot. Turned the machine on and selected 3 tone. Hit 4 coins and ID'ed em! Selected 2 tone and hit 6 of them and ID'ed. Selected all metal and got all 8 of them and ID'ed still 6 of them but heard all of them very good. Never even came close, with only one time hit 2, and will always hit 1 of them. I'm pleased, stock settings on all modes selected.
Re: Never hit this many coins in my garden till now.....
March 31, 2015 09:19PM
Shhhhhhhhhh---JJ might be listening and his fall off the fence may be like Humpty Dumpty----we won't be able to put him back together and then we wouldn't have no JJ.
March 31, 2015 10:21PM
So Jack are you saying that the Racer out performed the Nokta Core?

Also how is D12 and D13 compare depth wise now that they increased the depth on D13.
Is the stability at max sen. and factory disc. the same.

Thamks
PacMan
March 31, 2015 11:38PM
Hey Jack,

Describe your test garden, i.e., coins and depth and separation and whether any iron or other co-located targets/trash.
Why do you think the Racer hit them?
What other detectors have you tried and which were best or worst?

Thanks.

Pleasant Garden, NC
AT Max, Nokta Impact, MX Sport, Nokta FORS Relic, GPX 4800, Infinium, Racer, Deus, F75SE, Nautilus DMC II (order of acquisition, last to first)

Does an archeologist argue with a plow? A bureaucrat with a bulldozer?
April 01, 2015 02:21AM
My coins are two rows about two foot apart and six foot long each. Coins are from 6 to 11 inches deep shallow coins first in line. There's a silver quarter, silver dime, one wheat then two wheats in one hole. Those being the deepest pretty much incrementally with clad in the shallow spots. Now what is the kicker, EMI absolutely horrible. It's in red clay dirt. The CoRe has not been out there at all. I've had all my machines out there over the years besides the CoRe. None faired real well at all. I'll try and do a video a little later.
April 01, 2015 07:54PM
Have you had a properly tuned CZ-3D ? I have a 11'' thin Mercury dime in mine and it hits it with a sweet soft modulated high tone. My Etrac won't hit that one. Have to try my XL-PRO,But don't think it fairs well on freshly buried coins on a couple weeks old garden.