Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

You know it's funny, Deus...

Posted by Jack Flynn 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
You know it's funny, Deus...
March 31, 2015 08:47PM
About three yrs ago a good friend wanted to carry my Deus to a very large group of Relic hunters at a gathering they were having, hunt or something. Well mine didn't make the trip but another person sent their Deus. It got looked at and handled and this was said about it......
That little thing will never hold up to what we do it's plastic.....
That's a toy, junk, it's gonna break.....
I'd never hunt with nothing like that.....
Piece of crap from overseas.....
All the way to I don't even want to look at it.....
My how things have changed LOL
Very true story.....
Re: You know it's funny, Deus...
March 31, 2015 08:53PM
It is a very strong detector. I don't plan on giving mine up any time soon.
March 31, 2015 08:58PM
Yep....Don't plan on selling mine either. It will be interesting to see what Deus has cooked up for their released update.
March 31, 2015 09:07PM
In the thread "Coins on Edge"

Des D brought up that the XP Deus was no good for "on edge" coins, well over the weekend I got to try out a borrowed Deus and replicate what he reported.

I found a place in the sandy soil with no iron and places a quarter on edge laying north& south, sweeping east to west produced the classic double beep.

What I found that was shocking was when sweeping north & south, I got maybe a partial hit or complete silence, what the heck?
March 31, 2015 09:22PM
Last year I had noticed the Deus would not peep on a $1 Mexican Peso. The one that has a bronze center with a stainless outside edge.
March 31, 2015 09:50PM
The deus I had was built like a tank compared to the flimsy crap f75 I had that never worked right.
March 31, 2015 10:18PM
goodmore Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It is a very strong detector. I don't plan on
> giving mine up any time soon.

You got that right :-)
March 31, 2015 10:39PM
I have to say that Coin on Edge thing is not very encouraging. That seems very odd. Every thing else I hear about the Deus is very encouraging.

Bryanna - Nebraska

Current - New to me but not new MXT Pro and T2 SE2 - Previous Minelab Sovereign GT, Minelab Safari, Whites DFX, Whites Eagle Spectrum
Smile its a good for you!
March 31, 2015 11:01PM
Funny I guess I never saw my F75 LTD as flimsy, and I have not had any problems with it. Thanks for letting me know.
March 31, 2015 11:26PM
TabWhisperer Wrote:
> Last year I had noticed the Deus would not peep on
> a $1 Mexican Peso. The one that has a bronze
> center with a stainless outside edge.

Weird.
March 31, 2015 11:31PM
Deus is a nice machine; especially since the price dropped. Machines seems to not let mineral bother it too much. In the hotter ground got to watch the reactivity and silencer settings. If the TID was rock solid and say a 5x10 coil came out with good depth and better separation than 9" coil. Would be a hard unit to beat overall. It like all other detectors does have weaknesses. The biggest weakness I see is medium and big iron. I'm sure XP with all their genius can make the unit better with a couple more updates.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/31/2015 11:32PM by tnsharpshooter.
April 01, 2015 04:24AM
They said the same things about the Troy Shadows. Folks thought that the heavier the detector, the deeper it detected. I guess they were used to the Nautilus.
April 01, 2015 06:28AM
I just got back from the Diggin in VA hunt. 400 relic hunters...some of the best in the country. Not a one that I saw had a Deus. Not saying that some of them might not have had one where they live and hunt. But certainly not confident enough in them to bring it to the big show.
April 01, 2015 09:52AM
Hombre Wrote:
> In the thread "Coins on Edge"
>
> Des D brought up that the XP Deus was no good for
> "on edge" coins, well over the weekend I got to
> try out a borrowed Deus and replicate what he
> reported.
>
> I found a place in the sandy soil with no iron and
> places a quarter on edge laying north& south,
> sweeping east to west produced the classic double
> beep.
>
> What I found that was shocking was when sweeping
> north & south, I got maybe a partial hit or
> complete silence, what the heck?

Guys, gals,

To clarify, the Duice was running the latest software and I'm well familiar with the D from the get-go (even got to test the Duice Gold)
"A few" programs were tested on the beach and the only problem was singular: a 'non-reaction' to Euro coins on dry sand beaches.
Thru the years I've [ sliced thru ] sand like opening a window and can say that on edge coins lying vertically down in the sand were observed.
The "shocker" to me was I saw some coins 'standing up' and like I said, the coil just 'whizzed past' silently.

When the D first appeared I reported "it will be a slow burner" and in a way it has been that.
The reason for it's success is due to the fact that many ask "What is the best detector available" and will buy it when many who previously asked the Q would suggest it.
Many of those people wouldn't have done much research about it and would have the ready cash to pay it's large price.

When the D came out first it had many Faults:

1. Can't submerge the coil (absolutely stupid IMHO)
2. The shaft clips broke
3. The arm rest was too small
4. The remote control (box) fell off the shaft as the 'magnet' was too weak
5. The handle are wouldn't accomodate Large hands

When the Minelab Explorer began "cracking" there was a furore on the Net about it and many were angered with that as it was such an expensive machine.
When the D started "cracking" there wasn't any such a vociferous outcry as there had been when the Explorer broke?

Why not?
People were able [ to forgive ] XP due to the fact that someone finally listened and produced a truly lightweight piece of kit!

Just my 2c worth.

Des D
April 01, 2015 03:30PM
Some units are better then other units and for different hunitng..the deus is really a relic hunter but at a park I loved it also and when the update comes some that sold theres may buy one again but we will see once the update is released

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
April 02, 2015 04:34PM
I felt the same when Deus first came out, Didn't care for them wasn't till a couple of years later purchased one after reading about the upgrades and users have great success from hammered sites.

Yeah, It's a keeper for sure don't think will let this one go. My grab to machine for relic sites laced with iron.

Paul
April 03, 2015 02:30AM
I just got back from the Diggin in VA hunt. 400 relic hunters...some of the best in the country. Not a one that I saw had a Deus. Not saying that some of them might not have had one where they live and hunt. But certainly not confident enough in them to bring it to the big show.

Funny This Jan - Feb I was in South Carolina at a GRD hunt (200 hunters) I saw a lot of Deus including mine and the ones I stopped to talk to had some great finds there were a lot of fishers also

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

April 03, 2015 02:54AM
LB it's a clan thing and who your buddies buddies are for a lot of the Carolina hunt guys. You wouldn't want to know any more
Trust me.
April 03, 2015 02:55AM
The difference is South Carolina = good soil. Northern Virginia = bad soil. Bringing a Deus into that soil would be like trying to cut a $5 steak with a plastic knife.

And Jack is dead on the money with the clan thing statement. I was thinking more like minions. Lol What the leader uses is what the rest of them have to use to stay in good social graces of the "brotherhood".

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/03/2015 03:31AM by Daniel Tn.
April 03, 2015 03:53AM
Daniel Tn Wrote:
> I just got back from the Diggin in VA hunt. 400
> relic hunters...some of the best in the country.
> Not a one that I saw had a Deus. Not saying that
> some of them might not have had one where they
> live and hunt. But certainly not confident enough
> in them to bring it to the big show.

I suspect that maybe 0.0001% of detectorists have, or will ever hunt around Culpepper.
April 03, 2015 04:01AM
Daniel that was so eloquently said lol!
April 03, 2015 01:29PM
Daniel Tn Wrote:
> The difference is South Carolina = good soil.
> Northern Virginia = bad soil. Bringing a Deus into
> that soil would be like trying to cut a $5 steak
> with a plastic knife.
>
> And Jack is dead on the money with the clan thing
> statement. I was thinking more like minions. Lol
> What the leader uses is what the rest of them have
> to use to stay in good social graces of the
> "brotherhood".
Haha...glad I dont have to deal with that.
April 03, 2015 03:35PM
Good point on soil I wonder if that will be taken care of on the next deus upgrade

LowBoy

[www.youtube.com]