Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Not sure why the Racer got a Hollow 7 x 11 coil and the CoRe

Posted by Keith Southern 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Not sure why the Racer got a Hollow 7 x 11 coil and the CoRe
March 31, 2015 08:57PM
got an epoxy filled 7x11 coil..

I think the epoxy filled one swing's better I stuck it on the Racer..did not l;ug it up jsut stuck it on to see how it felt.. ..different mounting lugs towards center balances well...

I was overly impressed with the epoxy filled 7x11 rugged durable rigid lite wonder why the changed..

Both the Racer and the CoRe use the same epoxy filled small coil so why change the stock coil??..

I know the Racer coil is rebuildable...the CoRe im sure is not..

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
Re: Not sure why the Racer got a Hollow 7 x 11 coil and the CoRe
April 01, 2015 12:43AM
I wonder how long it'll be until the Racer gets some after market coils?

NEL coils would be right at home on the Racer.
April 01, 2015 12:53AM
I asked about this a long time ago. I thought it was a cost saving measure, but I'm no coil construction expert. It seems most of the quality aftermarket coils are epoxy filled. Maybe someone will educate me.
April 01, 2015 01:48AM
Still waiting on mine. The hollow core may have something to do w/Kevins trouble with the falsing when hitting weeds and what not.

Coil stability is an attribute that doesn't get enough press. One of the reasons I've loved the 2 Sef's I've had. The machine/gain are a factor for sure, but you can literally knock weeds down with them and nary a peep.