Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

F75 LTD2 on the skids

Posted by Pac man 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
F75 LTD2 on the skids
March 31, 2015 09:39PM
Really haven't got to spend much time with it since my 11/14 ser.no.machine was replaced but always felt something was wrong with the disc.

Was using my CTX and the location is nail infested,sounds like a machine gun, and decided to break out the F75. As always I was running Disc.0 and 3 tones and sen.of 80. Started hunting and noticed right off that I was getting very few hits where the CTX was going all out. Picked up the CTX again and swinging in the same spot and once again it was hitting all the nails and what ever.

Thinking that the CTX had crapped out I decided to raise the disc.on the F75 up to 16 and see what it would do. It started hitting a lot more of the targets but still seemed to not be right. Lower the disc.to 0 again and lost most all the targets again. Changed coils and no difference. Thought ok time to do a reset and change modes. Machine would not do a reset or change modes.

I give FT a call and they did not question my findings at all and give me a RA number. I ask about a shipping label but was told that because the machine was over 30 days old I would have to pay shipping to them.
Thought that was crappy.

I really want to like the F75 but not sure at this point after two returns where I stand with First Texas and their machines.

PacMan
Re: F75 LTD2 on the skids
March 31, 2015 10:21PM
Customer: I have a problem.
First Texas: There are no problems. Next question.
March 31, 2015 11:37PM
Is that on the skids or on the stretcher...
April 01, 2015 12:31AM
doc holiday Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Customer: I have a problem.
> First Texas: There are no problems. Next question.

Well not quiet right.
They did not argue with me or put me over to a tech. Just give me a RA number and said return it.
April 01, 2015 12:42AM
BTW,
I read the 5 year warranty agreement supplied with my F75LTD2. It states consumer is responsble for shipping cost to FT. They will fix and ship back at FT expense as long as you live in USA. And FT has stopped the upgrade. And they did say 30 days. I feel they have to draw a line some wheres. And I would expect other companies to do the same.
April 01, 2015 01:53AM
tnsharpshooter Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> BTW,
> I read the 5 year warranty agreement supplied with
> my F75LTD2. It states consumer is responsble for
> shipping cost to FT. They will fix and ship back
> at FT expense as long as you live in USA. And FT
> has stopped the upgrade. And they did say 30
> days. I feel they have to draw a line some
> wheres. And I would expect other companies to do
> the same.

Yap I read it to. Does not mean its right.

Why should I or anyone else be out any expense on a item that is under warranty?
Paid for the warranty when it bought it.

Why did FT send me a free return shipping label the first time?

Most likely the other companies have the same policy but refer to above.

Most likely it will cost me more to return it than it will cost them to repair it.
April 01, 2015 03:39AM
Okay,
So let's take an automobile under warranty. If vehicle can be safely driven to dealer for warranty repair maintenance, don't we take them. Who's time and gas??Consumers right. Now if the vehicle is unsafe to be driven to dealer or won't run/move. Sure the dealer will get the vehicle moved to a repair facility.
I'll be honest I never read the warranty agreement when I first purchased my F75SE.
Some folks have been praising the 5 year Fisher warranty. But it does it seems have some out of pocket cost if you indeed use it.

Note: I just read the 5 year agreement XP states in the Deus users manual. NO mention of transportation cost mentioned AT ALL. Just parts and labor.
April 01, 2015 04:02AM
I think that would get expensive for the company paying all the shipping cost for everyone that thought something was wrong with their machine. I would like to know how many come through FT for repair and nothing is wrong with them.