Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

My very first....

Posted by Aaron 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
My very first....
June 26, 2010 06:14PM
in almost 25 yrs of detecting a Standing Liberty Qaurter (1926). I found it with my 3D at a historic park Ive been hunting ever since I started. I still manage to find the goods there. It was at around 8", sounded off loud as a bell. I swear Ive been over the exact area a 100 times. I would post a picture but..unfortunately I nicked it with my Leshee. I'm just sick about it. I wish I been carrying my little shovel and doing it Toms way. I havent nicked a silver in many, many years. Of course..silver is not that common. It sure was a good feeling anyway. Made my whole week. Many thanks to Tom for tuning my 3D up. Im out the door off to meet a couple buddies at a old park 40 miles from here.
Aaron

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/26/2010 06:16PM by Aaron.
Re: My very first....
June 27, 2010 02:27AM
For many reasons.....Seated Liberty Quarters are hard to find. Most detectorists have very few. Some have zero! Congrat's!
June 28, 2010 02:31AM
A nick is not the end of the world it is the find the fun and the history that counts

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
hey Aaron I hear ya on the SLQ
June 28, 2010 03:02AM
There tough to find.. It took me over a quarter of a century to get mine and I just got it back in the spring..But it was quite a rush! I dug it Fairly deep and it was on edge so it did not sound the best in the world..

Don't worry about scraping it ..You still got it congrats..

here's a shot of mine . Glad you got one!

[img339.imageshack.us]

Keith
Re: hey Aaron I hear ya on the SLQ
June 29, 2010 12:53AM
My first one was in 1973........and was a AG-3...........worn completely flat......but identifiable as a SLQ. It was my 2nd one that is cherished.........still to this day. Year: 1997, Thirteen (13") deep, found with CZ-6a w/10.5" coil (8" coil could not see it).............and was in MS-62 condition with nearly full mint luster, 1920.....all toes showing. The last one I found is a rare 1921 in F-16/VF-20 condition. More value to me than finding a 2-carat diamond ring.
June 29, 2010 01:42AM
You've found 3 Standing Libertys Tom? I would have figured you found bag of um by now. I watched the relic DVD over the past week twice, just plain excellent! I was shocked to hear you've only found 1 gold coin. I also thought for sure that you had found many by now.
That Standing Liberty means alot more to me now...
Thanks alot for the comments guys!
Aaron
Re: My very first SLQ
June 29, 2010 04:10AM
was in 1976. 4 " down. 1920-D ex. cond. The value of it never went up much over 30 years, so I traded it 3 years ago, for a bunch of ounces of silver rounds. They have increased in value 50% so far.
Congrats Tom on the 3 SLQ'S
June 29, 2010 04:42AM
Those sound nice!! And yes they are trick'y to find...

Keith
Sounds good Possum!
June 29, 2010 04:43AM
Congrats on the increase in value from the trade!

Keith
June 29, 2010 02:55PM
Great find!! Still waiting to find my first!!!
June 29, 2010 09:41PM
I have found 14 SLQ's thus far.................and only one gold coin in my life.
June 30, 2010 03:08AM
Some woman from a local club in my area (supposedly) found 2 St. Gaudens $20 gold coins within a couple months in the same area. Unbeleivable to say the least.
I still think theres thousands of $1 gold coins laying around, however since there so small and read as foil and easily masked...they'll probably never be found.
July 01, 2010 12:50AM
I'm quite certain there's many $1 gold coins that are detectable with modern technology. The F75 LTD ..........of all detectors out there............including gold-specific prospecting units..............is the best unit for finding these tiny coins.