Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Dug my first arrow head!

Posted by triplehooked 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Dug my first arrow head!
April 18, 2015 02:32AM
I made it out for about an hour today after work. I was waiting to go this home site once crops are in as it's the huge "banker's" estate that I can detect all year. But it was close to home and I wanted to see how the 11" coil would do on the Deus. Picked up my second large cent at this site (1847), a 1900 IH, a couple of .22 cal cartridge spills, and a larger caliber cartridge. I got a cool surprise when digging a target and pops an arrow head! I'm liking this site!

Re: Dug my first arrow head!
April 18, 2015 02:39AM
Nice finds Travis. Nothing like a bonus find !!!
I had the same thing happen to me about 2 years ago digging a barber dime. You know things are going your way when you start getting bonus finds. What I need is one of those big hoards like they find in England!!!!
April 18, 2015 10:57AM
Good digs there Travis.

Love the arrowhead

mighta belonged to chief Wabasis himself!
April 18, 2015 12:10PM
Nice--thanks for showing.
April 19, 2015 12:22AM
Nice arrow head..

that's a good looking Big Penny!

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
April 19, 2015 09:07PM
This site keeps the coins in nice shape, no fertilizer! I'm going to add a couple pics here rather than start another thread with finds from this site. I'll be posting a video of the actual hunt soon on you tube... I'm curious about the trinkets...anyone have a guess as to what they are? The shield nickel is an 1868, and in the best shape I've yet to dug up.

April 20, 2015 02:38AM
Great finds Triplehooked!!!!! I found an arrowhead in a hole that I dug as well.....along with the bottlecap that alerted the Metal Detector. It's not as nice as yours, though!!!! Way to go man!!!!!! Nice digs!!!
April 20, 2015 02:18PM
Here in Pa. along the Susquehanna river many stone arrowheads have been found...I wonder is yours stone and found next to a good target or a metal variety picked up by your detector....
April 20, 2015 02:30PM
Hey Dan, it is stone and found in the hole next to a handful of old .22 cal casings. It's a nice example, very well knapped.
April 20, 2015 10:37PM
Very nice arrow head.
Too bad it wasn’t found near the large cent. That might have been interesting.

Congrats on the finds.

Detecting since Feb, 2010
E-trac with 18"x15" SEF, 13" Ultimate coil, Pro coil, Minelab 8" coil, 4.5"x7" SEF, Sunray target probe
CTX3030 with 17"x13" DD coil, 11" DD coil