Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Ozzie Is a humble guy

Posted by Rod-PA 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Ozzie Is a humble guy
April 19, 2015 12:22AM
So he doesn't say much about his finds..

I have taken him to a couple sites in the past few months that were very old but produced nothing. We went really early this morning for about 2 hours At a field where the farms date to about very early 1800s. Right as he was running out of time, he snagged a 1773 Carolus III half reale, extremely shallow. Oldest coin I have seen dug so congrats.
Re: Ozzie Is a humble guy
April 19, 2015 12:25AM
Congratulations!!!!!!OZZIE!!!

And yes I can tell Ozzie is the salt of the earth type...

We all could learn from him...

Man I love Reale's!!!

give us a peek at it !!

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
April 19, 2015 01:06AM
Sometimes when it is time to go the going gets great...great find

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
April 19, 2015 01:26AM
No kidding, let's see that baby! I don't think it's boasting at all. I enjoy seeing everyone's finds!
April 19, 2015 01:34AM
Thanks Rod, Thank you Keith....don't know about the learning thing though, bud. lol

Rod called me the night before and said he was going to be at the field at 6am....18 minutes before the sun cracks. He said I always talked about getting up early and wanted to see if I was just a talker or a doer. I told him if I'm not there, somethings very wrong.

I had to look at a couple jobs,.. two hours is all I could do.

My time was up so I started to detect toward Rod to say thanks and goodbye. Halfway to him I got a high tone and a 62 on the 75, shallow. Pulled out the half reale, only about 1-1/2" deep. I whistled to Rod and gave him a thumbs up. Ha, Ha... he covered 50 yards in about 5 seconds,,, and Rod is no twig of a guy, front line kind of fellow...he wasn't even breathing heavy, lol.

Would have been nice to stay a few more hours....you know how old silver perks you up. Thanks again Rodman, always fun.
April 19, 2015 02:18AM
Here they are

April 19, 2015 02:25AM
I like the cross out on King Charles' head...

Back in the early days of infant America liberty was here Monarchy was OUT..

Ive seen alot fo those old King coins defaced...Americans did not care for Rulers from any country..

Great piece you have there,,,I bet it was defaced in the Federal period or prior....

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
April 19, 2015 03:14AM
Right on Ozzie! Thats a real nice find, even cooler thats its X out!
April 19, 2015 03:16AM
Never knew that Keith, makes sense.
April 19, 2015 03:18AM
Thanks Ray, yea, that piece of info does make it cooler.
April 19, 2015 03:37AM
Congratulations nice coin and history lesson! Keith you Worded that so delicately ( nice ) the old voice of a Protestant still talking today, where is the voice of protest now? Good "ole" America we'll let anybody in?
April 19, 2015 04:26AM
rapidroy7 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Congratulations nice coin and history lesson!
> Keith you Worded that so delicately ( nice ) the
> old voice of a Protestant still talking today,
> where is the voice of protest now? Good "ole"
> America we'll let anybody in?

damn good thing the early yanks listened to the "rabble rousers"
and joined the revolution,or we would be a "colony" today,paying
allegience to a "tyrant" 3000 miles away.

(h.h.!)
j.t.
April 19, 2015 08:50AM
Personally don't know the Oz man but we'll take your word for it that he's a modest/humble type guy ;-)

Hey Ozz - love that reale - outstanding find!
April 19, 2015 12:10PM
I think Rod was being kind and sarcastic at the same time. Or, he's mistaken computer laziness with modesty. He knows I won't post pics, so he says 'send them to me on the phone'.
I knew he would put them up. Glad he did though...that tidbit of info that Keith shared really hits home. The more I think about it the more significant the find is to me. That could be a news article....may wake some people the hell up.....yea, right.
April 19, 2015 12:37PM
jmaryt Wrote:
> rapidroy7 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Congratulations nice coin and history lesson!
> > Keith you Worded that so delicately ( nice )
> the
> > old voice of a Protestant still talking today,
> > where is the voice of protest now? Good "ole"
> > America we'll let anybody in?
>
>
> damn good thing the early yanks listened to the
> "rabble rousers"
> and joined the revolution,or we would be a
> "colony" today,paying
> allegience to a "tyrant" 3000 miles away.
>
> (h.h.!)
> j.t.

Well in a way we pay a tyrant to play golf every day that spits on our constitution and has put things in motion for WW3.

BUT back to the topic. Congrats on an awesome find!! It seems some times our best finds come from the last minutes of a hunt. Often while heading to the vehicle.
April 19, 2015 01:01PM
Hi Ozzie,,,,Congratulations on a very successful hunt.....JJ
April 19, 2015 02:21PM
great find, ozzie! Still on my bucket list. Gotta keep lookin'...keep lookin'...keep lookin'...

Pleasant Garden, NC
AT Max, Nokta Impact, MX Sport, Nokta FORS Relic, GPX 4800, Infinium, Racer, Deus, F75SE, Nautilus DMC II (order of acquisition, last to first)

Does an archeologist argue with a plow? A bureaucrat with a bulldozer?
April 19, 2015 05:18PM
Thanks Keith that was awesome!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/20/2015 03:38PM by rapidroy7.
April 19, 2015 08:12PM
If I may lay out a scenario of the coin...

the coin is worn considerably but now awful...so its circulated well for I would say 30-40 years?? maybe? ...

Now heres things the History books will not discuss or can not know to tell...but I know over the decades Ive seen more than enough scratched out kings heads on coins to Know something was up...

Ive not seen liberty scrached out....

Lets peek inside a tavern in the fledgling America in say a cool Autumn night in 1812....it could be in Philidelphia or wait what better than a tavern in Virginia...Williamsburg lets say.....State Motto ..Sic semper tyrannis (Thus always to tyrants)

3 men sitting around a table in the tavern Smoking pipes and drinking ale while the fire flickers in the fireplace in the rear of the room..Theyre talking about the Revolutionary War and how hard they fought ...Now the British are back for another fight and the Spansih have never left Florida and hatred of the Spanish is part of the talk...

One of the men orders another round from the Keep.. and the keep comes over to refill and ask for payment..one man produces your reale form his purse and slaps it ont he table...and one man looks down and says theres the problem of all our problems...he then sntaches up coin and draws his side knife from sheath crosses out Charles' head....then quotes Sic semper tyrannis!!!!!

The bar keep agrees and everyone gets a free round of ale !!!The shout the satte Motto together Sic semper tyrannis!!!!!!

Now did it happen or did it not happen???Whos to say...but things like this will never be spoken of in a history book...But we the relic hunter Know better we've seen it to many times on dug coins... and other items being defaced...We know Human nature we know we can put two and two together and episodes played out like this..I know it did...

In the civil war relics Ive seen a lot and I mean alot of relics with the word AMERICA on it removed...even Items that say C.S.A. the A will be removed....The rebs ..nto all but alot....hated America...they viewed America as a TYRANT...

Keith

-Nikola Tesla
April 19, 2015 10:01PM
I think thats what happened to my US plate I found. Its obviously had the U.S. cut out of it with a knife or some other trinket. Almost like snips or something. The lead was gone from the back and U.S. entirely cut from it.
April 20, 2015 08:09AM
Daniel Tn Wrote:
> jmaryt Wrote:
> -----
> > rapidroy7 Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > Congratulations nice coin and history lesson!
> > > Keith you Worded that so delicately ( nice )
> > the
> > > old voice of a Protestant still talking
> today,
> > > where is the voice of protest now? Good "ole"
> > > America we'll let anybody in?
> >
> >
> > damn good thing the early yanks listened to the
> > "rabble rousers"
> > and joined the revolution,or we would be a
> > "colony" today,paying
> > allegience to a "tyrant" 3000 miles away.
> >
> > (h.h.!)
> > j.t.
>
> Well in a way we pay a tyrant to play golf every
> day that spits on our constitution and has put
> things in motion for WW3.
>
> BUT back to the topic. Congrats on an awesome
> find!! It seems some times our best finds come
> from the last minutes of a hunt. Often while
> heading to the vehicle.

he doesn't like to wear "flag" lapel pins on his suits!
definitely "somethin' goin' on upstairs with that!"..anyway,
"outrageous" find oz! crossed out face is intriguing for sure!
you da man!..congrats!

(h.h.!)
j.t.
April 20, 2015 11:58AM
Thanks gents. Just happened to walk over it. Wasn't in amongst iron and it was shallow. Rod went back for a couple hrs and dug up a buckle and another musket ball. I'd wager there are other coins in that field and maybe a grid search is in order. Flat, mowed turf, minimal emi, no rocks, low trash and easy digging. You couldn't ask for an easier field to hunt.
April 20, 2015 01:29PM
Except that field is only about 10 to 15 acres and he owns 200 acres. I am going to call and request access to the two lower fields which might have seen more use nearer the creeks. Arm is gonna be sore if so.
April 21, 2015 05:57AM
sore "everything" when ya get done with that,but should be rewarding though!
no guts!..no glory!"..into the "fray!" as they say!..best of luck!

(h.h.!)
j.t.
April 21, 2015 06:25AM
Nice find for sure!! I found a 1776 one reale at an early California trading post site, that was a rush!

Your reale almost looks like it may have been made into a button (shank broken off te back?)?
April 21, 2015 08:23AM
Cal, yes, we were wondering what the two blobs were on the reverse. Your theory may be correct.