Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

New G2 +

Posted by Lawrenzo 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
New G2 +
April 19, 2015 04:44PM
The G2+ that could be the racer with all the things they left out on the racer? Has a lot of ways to program it..I'm sure it will have a few coils also and a higher freq....so far the racer and the reviews are good but not great.. I think if the deus had a small coil and a few of the updates I read about it would be a hard detector to beat...but the G2+ is peaking my interest maybe Keith will test it and can tell us what he thinks..I know he will be getting one when they come out??? I had heard about this new G2+ coming out over two years ago

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
Re: New G2 +
April 19, 2015 05:07PM
Isnt it just a f19 with pistol grip and 11 inch coil?
April 19, 2015 05:16PM
I think it maybe different but Keith can you chime in has anyone tried or tested one..I hope they are not just taking one of their detectors and making it look different we want change the next step in unmasking and depth and coils

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

April 19, 2015 05:33PM
deathray Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Isnt it just a f19 with pistol grip and 11 inch
> coil?
That's what Keith said.
April 19, 2015 05:43PM
deathray Wrote:
> Isnt it just a f19 with pistol grip and 11 inch
> coil?

Yes
April 19, 2015 05:46PM
wow so they are not really doing anything different what is up with them

LowBoy

[www.youtube.com]

April 19, 2015 06:51PM
Two dofferent packages, some like one, some like the other. I suspect that in the case of these two detectors, the engineering is the same, but that is in fact not common between First Texas brand machines generally.

Like GM in the Fifties, the brands' basic platforms have similarities but they have not only different "sheetmetal" but different engineering (in some cases), just like Chevy, Buick, olds and cadallac all had their own engineering features.

Also, the basic fact of having three brands, Fisher, Teknetics and Bounty Hunter (plus doing private labes stiff, I think) is a key part of First Texas's business strategy. This gives them access to a wider net of Distributora world-wide and puts a "fence" up,that other brands have to negotiate.

Rick Kempf
Gold Canyon AZ- where there is no gold
April 19, 2015 07:19PM
I hope the racer makes a big dent in their sales

LowBoy

[www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/19/2015 07:34PM by Lawrenzo.
April 19, 2015 07:31PM
I dont hope any company to fail or lose sales.. I really like what FT is doing.. Lots of new products and nice upgrades on older ones, not just new stickers lol
April 19, 2015 07:37PM
Fisher is way behind the 8 ball

LowBoy

[www.youtube.com]

April 19, 2015 07:39PM
Its different from the G2 original Lawrenzo..

and believe it or not the new platform does have advanatges over the old ..although slight they are still advantages...Quicker,deeper, more options if you ned to venture into modern trash intelligently..

I like the new Route...

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
April 19, 2015 07:47PM

Tom in SC
April 19, 2015 08:05PM
If FTP would only modify it's warranty policy to being transferrable they may sell a few more machines. I might be encouraged to try out a clean used unit knowing it will be covered for repairs, or buy a new one knowing I could resell it in a year without taking a beating on the resale value and the next owner would have some protection.
April 19, 2015 08:07PM
Lawrenzo Wrote:
> I think it maybe different but Keith can you chime
> in has anyone tried or tested one..I hope they are
> not just taking one of their detectors and making
> it look different we want change the next step in
> unmasking and depth and coils
I got the factory flier on the G2+ and it's a f19 clone with a different grip. Just like the G2 and GBP are exactly the same. You just have to decide if you like the grip on the G2 or the S-rod on the F19.
April 19, 2015 08:40PM
I like the pistol grip style on my G2 (purchased in 2011)...The additional features and reviews of the F19 are good so I plan on purchasing a G2+ and
am actually happy it's really an F19 with a new label since it's had a good long test period to shake out any bugs and I'll feel safe buying an early unit.
The backlight and iron-audio will be useful...

The only thing that I really wanted that's missing is the large target ID number when using all-metal. My G2 will become my backup...

cheers...
April 19, 2015 08:52PM
Lawrenzo Wrote:
> Fisher is way behind the 8 ball

I thought you was a FT "poster boy"! smiling smiley
April 19, 2015 09:45PM
They are different in ergos and standard equipment. The F19 has had very good reviews. So I see no issue with the G+. Based on several reports the F19 is class leading performance. Yes it would of been nice if they had made even a little better but from their stand point they would be killing the F19 if they did that. Products need enough time for companies to recoup development cost and get some profit so they can work on new products.

I do believe the need to change warranty would help them a lot. Something like 5 years to original owner and two years no matter how many owners. That would encourage first sales and not cost much. Almost all of the competitors now back the product for at least two years

Bryanna - Nebraska

Current - New to me but not new MXT Pro and T2 SE2 - Previous Minelab Sovereign GT, Minelab Safari, Whites DFX, Whites Eagle Spectrum
Smile its a good for you!
April 19, 2015 11:17PM
He sure use to be...,,I Renner his old posts
April 19, 2015 11:27PM
D&P-OR Wrote:
> Lawrenzo Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Fisher is way behind the 8 ball
>
>
> I thought you was a FT "poster boy"! smiling smiley

Not on the F19. It takes a back seat to no machine in it's price class.
April 20, 2015 12:29AM
Shenandoah Digger Wrote:
> D&P-OR Wrote:
> -----
> > Lawrenzo Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > Fisher is way behind the 8 ball
> >
> >
> > I thought you was a FT "poster boy"! smiling smiley
>
> Not on the F19. It takes a back seat to no
> machine in it's price class.

Mr. Vance told me that anybody that thought the F19 was better or equal to a Deus was an idiot. Direct quote. LowBoy is friends with him so I guess they probably share similar thoughts.
April 20, 2015 12:39AM
Daniel it's the clan thing. "I'm your huckleberry" comes to mind and secret settings and stuff.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/20/2015 12:43AM by Jack Flynn.
April 20, 2015 12:52AM
First off yes I fell off the fisher wagon when I got the deus about a year ago and second I got the racer because I still think the deus is lacking a small coil that works and the 5 inch coil on the racer is just too cool in trash & iron sites...I think the racer and the F19 are close but I would have liked the racer to have a iron vol...I really like the racer but would like to try the F19 just to compair apples to apples. I still love the deus maybe my machine runs hot but I have dug some deep relics that are keepers...it reminds me of a lot of different machines all in one light weight wire less machine...

LowBoy

[www.youtube.com]

April 20, 2015 11:55PM
The Deus is a great machine. But I'm not sure how Fisher is behind the eight ball when they constantly come out with upgraded machines and new models at a higher rate than anyone else. I tried both the Racer and the F19. While I liked the Racer, I thought the F19 was superior for what I use it for. And while Fisher generally has software issues on first run machines, they always make it right. I usually don't buy first run machines anyway. As we all know, the first run Racers are not without their problems. But like Fisher, they do respond to the problems quickly.
April 21, 2015 12:43AM
And ones American!May not matter to most,but given a choice,I much rather support the American company.
April 21, 2015 01:30AM
Could someone please set me straight.......in a sincere fashion.......and simple.....so that I can grasp it: Is Turkey our ally? What is their stance on ISIS? I truly apologize to the original poster for a clear hijack. But this question came to my mind while reading responses. If this is an inappropriate question.........I would ask the moderator(s) to delete it.
I own a Racer. I like it. With the 5 inch coil....it is sleuthy. And it's pretty darn good with the 11 inch coil. But my world-view didn't come into play when I purchased it. Does Turkey and the United States have very good diplomatic relations?
April 21, 2015 02:04AM
Yes they are and have been since world war II. However............in the last say 8 yrs, more like 6 yrs, the relationship has been strained. The grand emperor of this great country, I'll say no more........
April 21, 2015 03:49AM
The folks at Frist Texas and the folks at Makro/nokta are hard working people trying to make a living developing and marketing a highly technical product to a bunch of ordinary folks who want to have fun/find treasure/ get famousposting in forums, etc.

Tough job.

What their national politics are is interesting, but, in my opinion, irrelevant.

I like this forum - let's not overanalyize geopolitics too much or we will all find stuff which has nothing to do with our hobby but which divides us.

Did you know that they make great beer in Turkey? If you have never had a huge skewer of deep fried mussels, washed down with foaming glasses of Turkish beer, younhave really missed something.

The food in El Paso is pretty good too I hear!

Just thought I'd throw that in.

Happy Hunting.

Rick Kempf
Gold Canyon AZ- where there is no gold
April 21, 2015 04:10AM
Rick
Thanks for reminding everyone that we are just detecting. I get tired of reading all the anti this and anti that and the USA is this and Turkey is that kinda stuff.
April 21, 2015 04:43AM
Figured Id ruffle some feathers. Would anyone buy a detector from Iran if they came out with one?
April 21, 2015 05:44AM
Jack Flynn Wrote:
> Yes they are and have been since world war II.
> However............in the last say 8 yrs, more
> like 6 yrs, the relationship has been strained.
> The grand emperor of this great country, I'll say
> no more........

yeah he thinks the 'constitution" is something you wipe your "ass" with!
i'll say no more!

(h.h.!)
j.t.