Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Musketeer From First To Present.

Posted by Will Penny 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Musketeer From First To Present.
April 19, 2015 05:01PM
All forms and auction sites, it is rare to see a Musketeer for sale. On the other hand, these sites are all flooded with every Minelab model where people are trying to dump these machines...Why is this.
Re: Musketeer From First To Present.
April 19, 2015 07:34PM
The Musketeer was the biggest sleeper Minelab made..

And they tried to get people to buy them but in the wide scope they were not alot sold compared to other's..

The machine was on 5khz but still loved small brass...And wasa deep silver killer..

the first release had a elliptical concetric...not worth the plastic the coil was built out of,, and I think it may have scarred the image of the unit from then on...when the added the DD solid white moon coil 8 inch as standard about 6 months later the heavens opened up!!

Minelab tried different ways to market the Musketeer and even raised the price tryingto attrat people.....since how could a 300.00 dollar uit be worth anything...But far from it ..the people in the KNOW...were digging deep and and hunting trash with results...

I wrote a time line opn the Muskteer once from green metal box to the final advantage model...I think maybe Sven took it and put it on his website and maybe even added to it some pics and things...

maybe Sven will chime in...

I do have a video showing the Musky on my nail deck test..[www.youtube.com]

Impressive is it not for a 5Khz unit..

and the dpeth is off the chart on the Musky's....they do well with a power balance....deep as anything you'll find coil for coil..

But do check with Sven...he has a ton of info on the Musky on his website.. or did...I even had developed a simple resisitor tweek mod he posted on how to turn up the gain on the Pre Advanatge models....the Video you see I linked too is a earlier XS I had turned the gain up internally on with unit....

I had a lot of info on the Musky but it'll be easier if you go to Sven's site than me retyping it all here..

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
April 19, 2015 10:33PM
Yeah, I have a yahoo Musketeer group going, tons of info there,not a whole lot of action at the site. But, a great site for reference material.
[groups.yahoo.com]

I just picked myself up a Musky XS, so right now back in the groove.
You don't see a lot of Muskies come up for sale, most owners tend to just keep them, whether they use them or not. They are one of those sleeper keepers.

You just have to ask with a post if you really want one, one will surface. there's a couple on ebay with some outrageous pricing. But prices have not come down on used Muskies, they actually went up.
Average price will be in the $200 to $350 range depending upon which version and what coils come with it.

DeepTech Vista X with 3 search coils.
Works for me
April 20, 2015 01:35AM
I have a musky on a straight rod with rear mounted control box and it is killer for field hunting in iron. A dealer friend of mine found it for me about 5yrs ago from an older fella in California. I don't use it that much since I got my Deus but it is there if I need it.