Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

CZ chest mount

Posted by Rod-PA 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
CZ chest mount
April 23, 2015 07:05PM
Folks,
I way overworked my shoulder last weekend using my cz6a and 10.5" coil. I have till this point always left the box on the stem, but since both coils have a 7' cable, it might be time to carry the box and lessen the load. I foresee some really long hunting sessions this summer on some new(old) properties and fields. I am looking for various methods and materials used to help hold the control box safely and securely when jumping up and down on the shovel both inland and at the beach.

Thanks.
Re: CZ chest mount
April 23, 2015 07:22PM
Standard Fisher chest harness is all I have used, so can't comment on other harnesses. The Fisher harness has worked great for me, not real expensive and stays in place well, can wear it for all day hunts.
April 23, 2015 07:34PM
Rod, I chest mount my cz bandolier style ...across the chest......you never noticed? I don't like hip mounting.....if in front, it gets in the way when bending to dig....sides, gets in the way of the swinging cause I switch arms Across the chest with a wide strong belt is the way to go. And, you need to cut that shovel or get a shorter bladed one...your 20" blade needs a stepladder to reach the shoulder.....or maybe you're just a 'high stepper". lol
April 23, 2015 08:02PM
I never chest mounted a CZ but I sure do chest mount my Sovereigns. I use the Sovereign bag with one strap around my neck and the other behind my back to keep the detector from swinging out when I bend over. The key is to find a soft material that doesn't scratch or dig into the back of your neck. The hotter the weather the more you sweat and the more you sweat the more the strap irritates. But chest mounting is the only place where the detector is out of the way. Unless you back/hip mount like an Excal. People just don't understand how heavy these detectors are until they over do it. After that your done! The same places will ache time after time. I have been on ergo teams as part of safety training at my job. Companies invest millions of dollars to make things better for their employees. We should all demand better from detector manufacturers. It isn't a matter of strength or manliness. That antiquated thinking has blown out backs and crippled people for life.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/23/2015 08:07PM by goodmore.
April 23, 2015 09:00PM
Ozzie, you have never once used your CZ since i have known you.

Thanks all for the replies.
April 23, 2015 10:51PM
Rod, I believe I used it on our first field hunt, no? Where we established the cz's were interfering when we were within so many yards. Yea or nay?
April 24, 2015 01:25AM
Never tried the chest mount, but after moving my CZ to my hip a few years back it has remained there. I used a quick release diving belt I had laying around and picked up a ammo pouch which now has a hole in the bottom for the coil wire. The flap can be velcroed back or closed to keep sand out when at the beach.
April 24, 2015 03:01AM
Oz, I remember you getting it out just to see at what point there was interference, but you ran the 75 all day in allmetal.
April 24, 2015 03:20AM
Not sure about land hunting, but I can tell you water hunting with the chest mounted cz makes for a funny looking Sun burn....lol