Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Tom

Posted by markg 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Tom
July 15, 2010 04:27PM
Tom if anyone can answer this question you can.
Fisher refuses to give any information.
The new Black LTD's were to be released in April, then they changed it to May then June then mid July then last week the distributers were notified they would be shipping on July 23. Then this week (maybe 5 days later) Fisher notifies the distributers that yet another delay of the last of August would be in place. Doesn't Fisher realize continued delivery date changes are not good for business. A very simple, yet truthful explaination would settle down all the negative feed back on other forums. Why do they continue to delay. I don't think they could possibly say needing parts now because of the July 23 ship date given just last week. What are you thoughts?

Some of the guys have been waiting for 9 months for a machine that was supposted to be released in April.
Re: Tom
July 15, 2010 09:13PM
I am glad someone posted about this. We have been waiting seven months for an F75 Limited and are at the point of attempting to determine what is the next best machine and buying it. We are new to MD and have an inexpensive machine ($189.00) machine the dealer let us borrow until the F75 Limited's arrive. It is OK for learning but we were hoping the F75 Limited would be here by now. I talked to Customer Service at Fisher two weeks ago and they stated the F75 Limiteds would ship on July 23 as well. Any suggestions on another metal detector that comes as close as possible to an F75 Limited would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
July 16, 2010 12:22AM
This one is hard to answer. I know Dave Johnson and John Gardiner have more 'say' in final product release.......which should be a good thing. They do NOT want the general public to be the 'testers' of the product... to find the 'bugs'. Also, they are wanting more 'perfection' time for the product.....before release.....and not just for debugging purposes. The problem may lie within: It's not good to let the public know about a upcoming product......and to give a tentative target release date. And,,,,,,,, in this case...........we can see why. I, for one, would rather know.............knowing the reality of potential realistic/expected delays (disappointments).

A F70 w/DD coil would be a good second choice.
July 16, 2010 08:51AM

A F70 w/DD coil would be a good second choice.
So Tom, are you saying you prefer the F70 over the standard F75?
I am confused now lol...
And if you guys dont have the F75 LTD yet then we stand no chance here in blighty for at least 12 months....
July 16, 2010 03:29PM
Sometimes you just have to wait...it will be worth the wait if you can understand the machine. It is a firecracker but if you learn it, it will reward you with finding history and that is what it is all about...

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
July 16, 2010 03:30PM
Yeah for me the F70 didn't even come close I like my LTD and Omega way better then the F70!!!

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

July 16, 2010 06:22PM
The strange thing is, having all ready had a production run you would think thy
could crank them out .
I will get my hands on one soon i hope, and hope it
was worth the wait .

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/16/2010 07:20PM by gman.
July 16, 2010 09:14PM
So what are the major differences between the Camo LTD and the Black LTD. It's not just a new paint job and possibly different coil is it ? Are there more options, more stability, major software upgrade or only minor things ?
July 16, 2010 09:24PM
Same detector different color.
July 16, 2010 10:02PM
Yes, I would cerainly take a 1st Gen F75 over a F70..............BUT, I'm not sure you can get one.........unless it's pre-owned.
July 18, 2010 05:54AM
Dave Johnson explains:

[www.thetreasuredepot.com]

"There are widespread parts shortages in the electronics industry. Many parts are being quoted several months' lead time or even longer. This has created a thriving counterfeit parts industry operating mostly out of China which is increasingly sophisticated in its ability to slip fake stuff into supposedly secure distribution channels. It also means that purchasing departments out of desperation occasionally take their chances with parts subs that aren't direct crosses, and with unfamiliar suppliers which although they may be legitimate, may be manufacturing inferior quality parts. Engineering dept. is often involved in the unpleasant task of having to approve parts or vendors we know involve some risk. We don't like it, but like Jack Gifford says, "It ain't a perfect world".

So when when you finally get your parts, guess what? If they're counterfeit, they don't work, and if they're legit, you may still run into problems. You're back to square one.

By most accounts, venerable Texas Instruments is the worst offender in the parts shortage. We used to think of them as a reliable supplier even on single-source parts. But when the economy fell a year and a half ago, they panicked and thought it was the end of the world, and cut 'way back on production capacity. Then the economy rebounded and they couldn't supply demand for their parts, many of which are single-source items for which there are no substitutes.

To my knowledge there's no unresolved engineering issue on the "black LTD's". Like someone in this thread already suggested, marketing department would dearly love to be selling them. I presume it's a parts availability issue."

--Dave J.
July 18, 2010 12:20PM
Good post! Makes sense. . . and fits the 'model' for slow release of product(s). Wow! Imagine the nightmare! And sounds like CEO Jack Gifford is also NOT immune to this problem......from painful experience. I would (then) purchase components from Mfr's that guarantee their product with full refund............but..............this also............may lower your available source(s) to zero. @#$%&'s box continues to expand.

I bet Tom Walsh & Dave Johnson are at max frustration levels. I doubt Dave would focus energies on future/conceptual ideas......until current problem is resolved. This decelerates advancement of humankind.
Tri
July 29, 2010 11:30AM
I do not know if any of the 17 rare earth elements that china seems to have basically a ( 95 %) monopoly on are used in high end metal detectors. If they are, then this article may also explain why I still consider china the 800 pound gorilla we should be VERY CONCERNED about.
[www.telegraph.co.uk]
Tri
July 29, 2010 03:10PM
It is worth the wait! Great things take time.....but of course I have one of the first LTD and love it.

LowBoy

[www.youtube.com]