Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Farm Field Cache!! Video!!

This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Farm Field Cache!! Video!!
May 21, 2015 01:29AM
Hey all,

went diggin after work today way out in the boonies in farm country on a buddies property that I hunt now and then and found a cool little cache!

Check out the vid for details = enjoy!

[youtu.be]
Re: Farm Field Cache!! Video!!
May 21, 2015 01:41AM
Very cool find!
May 21, 2015 01:46AM
Great find MRH. You sure have more patience than I. I would of popped that pup open as soon as I got back to the truck!!!
Anonymous User
May 21, 2015 02:21AM
Probably the best video I've seen in a long time. Kinda skipped up to the part about getting the coins out of the purse. That funny looking knuckle thing at the beginning is ,I believe, a link for a cistern pump. A rubber washer would go around it with the cistern chain attached to both sides. It would bring water up through the cistern pie when pumped. Might be brass.
May 21, 2015 03:15AM
Dang great video and finds there. Even looks like the purse might have been hit by a plow at some time. Well I would say once in a lifetime but you've found two. Congratulations on a stupendous find!
May 21, 2015 04:16AM
What fun! Have to admit, being in Cali, kept thinking" Dang Wayne is wasting alot of water", lol. Way to go man!!
May 21, 2015 05:47AM
Thanks all smiling smiley

cleaned up everything

oldest coin is the one I couldn't identify at 1st = turned out to be an 1886 Canada Large Cent (we use Canadian coins here in Michigan as legal tender) always have as far as I can remember.

The wheats are teens thru 1940s

2 Lincolns are both 1960

Jefferson's = 1948 and 1960

mercs = 1938 - 41 - 44 - 45

Roosevelt's = two 1952's and a 1962

so there we have it - the newest coin is a 1962 which means that is most likely when it was dropped making it having been in the ground for the last 52/53 yrs

the total = .90 cents --- the equivalent of losing approx. $7.00 in today's money as from a purchasing power standpoint

my best guess would be it fell out of some old farmers pocket while plowing the field back then.
May 21, 2015 05:52AM
WTG on the hunt, part of the fun is clean up to see what came to light. HH
May 21, 2015 10:36AM
Neat. I had one of those coin do-dads when I was a kid.
May 21, 2015 02:15PM
Awesome cache find MichiganRelicHunter!!!! That was a VERY successful day. Very well done and very good video as well!!!!!! Congratulations!!!!!!
May 21, 2015 02:55PM
Indeed what patience would have been opened at the truck....Congrats on the find...Locally couple of older change purses found by club members and each had a gold coin and barbers...One never knows for sure...
May 21, 2015 05:05PM
nice find and great video MRH...
May 21, 2015 07:28PM
Really nice video and good finds. I remember having one of those change purses when I was about five years old. Probably lost mine too.
May 22, 2015 12:38AM
I love it when people find cashes, because it tells us all they are still out there way cool!!
May 23, 2015 02:44AM
Thanks for sharing with us Wayne, and way to go on the silvers!
May 23, 2015 02:26PM
Why was somebody carrying around an 1800s (Canadian) large cent in the (19)60s? Must have been for luck!
And you have added proof to my theory that memorial cents turn up EVERYWHERE!!
Nice dig and nice video MRH.

Pleasant Garden, NC
AT Max, Nokta Impact, MX Sport, Nokta FORS Relic, GPX 4800, Infinium, Racer, Deus, F75SE, Nautilus DMC II (order of acquisition, last to first)

Does an archeologist argue with a plow? A bureaucrat with a bulldozer?
May 24, 2015 03:31AM
ncwayne Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Why was somebody carrying around an 1800s
> (Canadian) large cent in the (19)60s? Must have
> been for luck!
> And you have added proof to my theory that
> memorial cents turn up EVERYWHERE!!
> Nice dig and nice video MRH.

Was wondering the same thing ncwayne

an 1886 foreign coin commingled with generally 1940s/50s and early 60s US change is a bit strange and certainly wouldn't have been spent at a store/etc.

and yeah = stinkin lincolns show up everywhere

I really was hoping the coins were just a bit older (like Barber era) - woulda been a bit more "cool factor" at that point! lol

I'm still grateful to have found it though - not complaining by any means!