Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

new member long time reader

Posted by farmerboy856 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
new member long time reader
May 24, 2015 02:49AM
Thanks for the great forum! Nice to read good information that's factual and not designed to sell machines. I've been detecting for 21 years and have used mainly whites, blue box gold master classic 3 idx pro mxt dfx m6 mxt pro and a sigh, v3i which I just can't come to terms with and as of lately I have added a euro tek pro which has been a blast found my first mercury dime of the year and my first barber dime ever with it and an omega. Still learning to use the omega. I mainly coin hunt would love to hunt all things more but it's hard to escape real life as I own my own dairy farm. Anyways great reading on here I hope I can contribute more than I question. Lastly I'm from central wi.
Re: new member long time reader
May 24, 2015 02:56AM
Welcome, I'm from Canada, and also mainly coin hunt, have lot of time but my area is very modern. It takes great effort to find older spots. HH
May 24, 2015 03:00AM
Welcome Farmerboy,
I'll be thinking of you every time I take a big swig of milk with my breakfast. I like my milk. Farmers are at times very unappreciated. I have a lot of respect for them. We gotta eat. About the only thing left that's made in the USA!!!!!!

Look forward to your future comments.
May 24, 2015 03:13AM
2× what Tnn said. Welcome!
May 24, 2015 01:04PM
Welcome cheese head LOL central IL. here, hope you find the time for more swinging! HH
May 24, 2015 03:26PM
Welcome farmerboy! Looking forward to your future posts as well. I would like to hear more on the abilities of the V3i and your experiences with that machine...Stuart
May 24, 2015 03:47PM
Welcome, farmerboy, hope you can find time for detecting and visiting here, though I understand the demands on your time.
Don't fret the questions. If you ask a good question, we all learn from it!

Wayne

Pleasant Garden, NC
AT Max, Nokta Impact, MX Sport, Nokta FORS Relic, GPX 4800, Infinium, Racer, Deus, F75SE, Nautilus DMC II (order of acquisition, last to first)

Does an archeologist argue with a plow? A bureaucrat with a bulldozer?
May 25, 2015 02:38AM
Thank you all for the warm welcome! Guvmore, there are some pretty neat old use sites around here picnic groves to churches and abandoned ball fields to Wi's versions of ghost towns. My main problem is the time part lol. I reckon if we both keep at it we will both have some finds to display wether we have to work at finding sites or time.

Tnss and deathray, glad to hear you like our made in america dairy products! We have a small family farm what used to be typical around 160 acres 40 cows chickens and few beef. It gets harder every year but i must get more stubborn every year cause we keep hanging in there. Our barn was built in 1914 after the original burnt and it's had dairy cows in it ever since. Every night when my wife comes home from her job as a store manager of a nation wide retail chain store i reminded no matter how bad my day was to be thankful for my farm. Not to mention days like tomorrow, rained today so i might just have to sneak off for my "lunch hour" and get some detecting in!

rapid we used to get down to northern edge of ill years ago to visit family down there never got to detect seen lots of promising sites though!

Search and recovery, thanks for the welcome and to be honest the v3i intimidates me. I like the factory programs to a point but i dig a lot more deep nails with the v than my mxt pro. Now i have had the v for over three years and the first two i put as many hours on it as i could. I feel i should be setting it to work the best for me but i'm not sure what everything does. One thing for certain is i don't like how i can't sweep back an forth over a target like i can with the mxt or etp. On the v i feel i get a lag and i have to sweep hesitate and repeat when checking a target. to me detectors are like tractors no matter the color or brand they all have some good and even great features and the v is no different. I love pping with it and i love the d2 coil, so much so i bought one for my wifes m6 and use the v's on the mxt pro. I feel it separates well and i personally like pping with that coil. my favorite find with the v3i was at an old dance hall, and i got a mixed coin signal can't remember the numbers anymore, but it would repeat both ways and again at a half turn so i dug maybe 5 inches and in the bottom of the plug was a mercury dime and two nails and and a large pole barn nail in the hole. was pretty impressed with that. But long story short i honestly don't understand it enough to say any more one way or the other. I know if a dealer friend wasn't retiring with two brand new v's in stock i wouldn't most likely own one. He talked me into buying one and he kept the other for him self i did get a super deal on it though.

Thanks ncwayne! You guys and gals are great on here i really enjoy reading and learning with everyone. I've learned ever since my wife got sick i'm married to her not the farm and we both do our best to make as much time for and with each other as possible. I'm lucky that she loves to detect as much as i do and most days will solidly out hunt me, so were able to share in this hobby together so thats a plus. Heck she even scouts pawn stores on her way home for deals on detectors lol!

Thanks again everyone! Farmerboy
May 25, 2015 02:58AM
Welcome Farmer...

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
May 25, 2015 03:02AM
Thanks Keith and thank you for all the great posts and videos you do! Its a great help to many of us! Especially trying out new machines bout the easiest way for most of us to try before we buy is with folks like you and the video's you make and share.
May 25, 2015 11:34PM
You are quite welcome...

And thank you...

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla