Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Truth or Fish story you decide........

Posted by tnsharpshooter 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Truth or Fish story you decide........
May 24, 2015 03:39PM
Silver master [ PM ]
Re: Cost Benefit Trade Off for Deep Silver Hunters?
May 18, 2015 07:04PM Registered: 2 years ago

"Ive been at this for 30 yrs
Working on my third 5 gallon pail of silver it's harder now!
There is no profit after equiptment,gas,batterries ect!
If you're looking to profit you'd be worlds better off doing something else!"

Silver master [ PM ]
Re: Whites V3i Gold cherry picker?
May 15, 2015 08:25PM Registered: 2 years ago

-------------------------------------------------------
Exactly
I'm turning 83 in June
But I still get out

Now a 30 year detectorist says he's dug 2 five gallon pails of silver and working on his third. OK. What about all the copper coins dug??? Would a 5 to 1 ratio of copper to silver be too big or little a ratio to expect over the long haul?? I suspect the ratio would be wider. Even using a 10 to 1 ratio that would mean what at least 20 five gallon pails of coppers. And we hadn't even mention nickels. Is this even feasible or believable?? This same gent says he's 83 years old, been detecting 30 plus years, so he was around 50 when he started.

If we use this info and say quarters offset dimes for size and conclude penny size for quantity coins in the 5 gallon pails is used consider this.
[www.treasurenet.com]

Now 30,000 for a five gallon pail X2 for 2 pails = 60,000 coins. This just the silver this person alleges he's dug. And now the copper, even using a 5 to 1 ratio (don't think it's possible or real) , 10 five gallon pails of copper would be 10 X 30,000= 300,000 copper coin finds. Now adding the copper and silver finds would be 360,000 finds of silver and copper. We didn't talk about gold jewelry or nickels, and the gent says he hunts gold jewelry.

Remember he's said he's working on third 5-gallon pail of silver, but even discounting what he has accumulated in his supposed 3rd pail, we will consider just the 2 pails.

60,000 silver coins would equate over a 30 year period an average of what??? 2,000 silver on average a year. And 2000 silver a year would equate to around 6 per day every day.
And what about the copper count. 300,000 copper coins over a 30 year span would equate to an average of 10,000 a year dug or about 27 a day everyday. This using a 5 to 1 copper to silver coin dug ratio, Using a more realistic 10 to one ratio the number of copper would be around 54 coppers a day every day for 30 years. (600,000 copper coins)

So in a nutshell this person is trying to convince someone he's dug this much. And started at around 50 years old. When I do the math things just don't add up.
I mean age, bad weather, illness, other hobbies/interest/obligations and to pull off such a feat=tremendous or very bogus.

Anyone else out there dug 2 five gallon pails of silver and working on their third??? I know there are some serious, very experienced detectorist that post here.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/25/2015 03:56PM by tnsharpshooter.
Re: Truth or Fish story you decide........
May 24, 2015 03:45PM
May 24, 2015 03:54PM
tnsharpshooter Wrote:
> Silver master [ PM ]
> Re: Cost Benefit Trade Off for Deep Silver
> Hunters?
> May 18, 2015 07:04PM Registered: 2 years ago
> Posts: 69
>
>
>
> "Ive been at this for 30 yrs
> Working on my third 5 gallon pail of silver it's
> harder now!
> There is no profit after equiptment,gas,batterries
> ect!
> If you're looking to profit you'd be worlds better
> off doing something else!"
>
> Silver master [ PM ]
> Re: Whites V3i Gold cherry picker?
> May 15, 2015 08:25PM Registered: 2 years ago
>
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> Exactly
> I'm turning 83 in June
> But I still get out
>
>
> Now a 30 year detectorist says he's dug 2 five
> gallon pails of silver and working on his third.
> OK. What about all the copper coins dug??? Would
> a 5 to 1 ratio of silver to copper be too big or
> little a ratio to expect over the long haul?? I
> suspect the ratio would be wider. Even using a 10
> to 1 ratio that would mean what at least 20 five
> gallon pails of coppers. And we hadn't even
> mention nickels. Is this even feasible or
> believable?? This same gent says he's 83 years
> old, been detecting 30 plus years, so he was
> around 50 when he started.
>
> If we use this info and say quarters offset dimes
> for size and conclude penny size for quantity
> coins in the 5 gallon pails is used consider
> this.
> [www.treasurenet.com]
> on/113567-2-5-gallon-bottles-pennys.html
>
> Now 30,000 for a five gallon pail X2 for 2 pails =
> 60,000 coins. This just the silver this person
> alleges he's dug. And now the copper, even using
> a 5 to 1 ratio (don't think it's possible or real)
> , 10 five gallon pails of copper would be 10 X
> 30,000= 300,000 copper coin finds. Now adding the
> copper and silver finds would be 360,000 finds of
> silver and copper. We didn't talk about goldbv
> jewelry or nickels, and the gent says he hunts
> gold jewelry.
>
> Remember he's said he's working on third 5-gallon
> pail of silver, but even discounting what he has
> accumulated in his supposed 3rd pail, we will
> consider just the 2 pails.
>
> 60,000 silver coins would equate over a 30 year
> period an average of what??? 2,000 silver on
> average a year. And 2000 silver a year would
> equate to around 6 per day every day.
> And what about the copper count. 300,000 copper
> coins over a 30 year span would equate to an
> average of 10,000 a year dug or about 27 a day
> everyday. This using a 5 to 1 copper to silver
> coin dug ratio, Using a more realistic 10 to one
> ratio the number of copper would be around 54
> coppers a day every day for 30 years. (600,000
> copper coins)
>
> So in a nutshell this person is trying to convince
> someone he's dug this much. And started at around
> 50 years old. When I do the math things just
> don't add up.
> I mean age, bad weather, illness, other
> hobbies/interest/obligations and to pull off such
> a feat=tremendous or very bogus.
>
> Anyone else out there dug 2 five gallon pails of
> silver and working on their third??? I know
> there are some serious, very experienced
> detectorist that post here.

Why are you continuously attacking me personally?
You know nothing about me or the days of detecting where finding handfuls of silver on every outing were the norm.

Are you stooping to personal attacks because you cannot disprove my theory on a machine that your obsessed with?

This is ridiculous for a grown up person to act like you are in my opinion!

If you disagree with my opinions or a unproven theory I present please logically inform me as to reason why and not stoop to politicians level of can't attack someone for Thier ideas but attack thier person.
I'm done responding to you have tried to be informative to you and others .
TNSS - have a good day
May 24, 2015 03:58PM
Jack Flynn Wrote:
> [i29.photobucket.com]
> obile%20Uploads/20140812_103157_zps52789f93.jpg
Nice 14 Pound Bass!

Kenny
[www.youtube.com]
May 24, 2015 04:05PM
tnsharpshooter Wrote:
> Silver master [ PM ]
> Re: Cost Benefit Trade Off for Deep Silver
> Hunters?
> May 18, 2015 07:04PM Registered: 2 years ago
>
>
>
> "Ive been at this for 30 yrs
> Working on my third 5 gallon pail of silver it's
> harder now!
> There is no profit after equiptment,gas,batterries
> ect!
> If you're looking to profit you'd be worlds better
> off doing something else!"
>
> Silver master [ PM ]
> Re: Whites V3i Gold cherry picker?
> May 15, 2015 08:25PM Registered: 2 years ago
>
> -----
> Exactly
> I'm turning 83 in June
> But I still get out
>
>
> Now a 30 year detectorist says he's dug 2 five
> gallon pails of silver and working on his third.
> OK. What about all the copper coins dug??? Would
> a 5 to 1 ratio of silver to copper be too big or
> little a ratio to expect over the long haul?? I
> suspect the ratio would be wider. Even using a 10
> to 1 ratio that would mean what at least 20 five
> gallon pails of coppers. And we hadn't even
> mention nickels. Is this even feasible or
> believable?? This same gent says he's 83 years
> old, been detecting 30 plus years, so he was
> around 50 when he started.
>
> If we use this info and say quarters offset dimes
> for size and conclude penny size for quantity
> coins in the 5 gallon pails is used consider
> this.
> [www.treasurenet.com]
> on/113567-2-5-gallon-bottles-pennys.html
>
> Now 30,000 for a five gallon pail X2 for 2 pails =
> 60,000 coins. This just the silver this person
> alleges he's dug. And now the copper, even using
> a 5 to 1 ratio (don't think it's possible or real)
> , 10 five gallon pails of copper would be 10 X
> 30,000= 300,000 copper coin finds. Now adding the
> copper and silver finds would be 360,000 finds of
> silver and copper. We didn't talk about gold
> jewelry or nickels, and the gent says he hunts
> gold jewelry.
>
> Remember he's said he's working on third 5-gallon
> pail of silver, but even discounting what he has
> accumulated in his supposed 3rd pail, we will
> consider just the 2 pails.
>
> 60,000 silver coins would equate over a 30 year
> period an average of what??? 2,000 silver on
> average a year. And 2000 silver a year would
> equate to around 6 per day every day.
> And what about the copper count. 300,000 copper
> coins over a 30 year span would equate to an
> average of 10,000 a year dug or about 27 a day
> everyday. This using a 5 to 1 copper to silver
> coin dug ratio, Using a more realistic 10 to one
> ratio the number of copper would be around 54
> coppers a day every day for 30 years. (600,000
> copper coins)
>
> So in a nutshell this person is trying to convince
> someone he's dug this much. And started at around
> 50 years old. When I do the math things just
> don't add up.
> I mean age, bad weather, illness, other
> hobbies/interest/obligations and to pull off such
> a feat=tremendous or very bogus.
>
> Anyone else out there dug 2 five gallon pails of
> silver and working on their third??? I know
> there are some serious, very experienced
> detectorist that post here.
I actually have 2 - 5 gallon buckets full of trash I dug this year. I'm going to make a video on the realities of metal detecting and dump these buckets out while filming. This may save some newbies some money thinking they are going to get rich in buying a detector......

Kenny
[www.youtube.com]
May 24, 2015 04:52PM
If there is onr thing ive learned detecting you cant judge others peoples finds by what you find. Never know whats out there. Do I doubt some.... of course this is the net. People tend to embelish.... its just people.
May 24, 2015 04:56PM
Actually i rented a dump truck to haul my silver coins i found detecting to the coin shop, winking smiley truth be told i have found buckets full of trash.. Thats part of detecting.
May 24, 2015 05:17PM
Maybe he is digging a site where a silver-laden vessel fell apart? Is anything known about
the silver coins?.... just asking
May 24, 2015 05:28PM
Hi,,,,I been at this game for over 4 decades & while this feat is very plausible/possible it is certainly and should not be considered the normal intake of silver no matter how good you are..(around here)..I believe it was Mike Scott that found a cache of 4 big milk cans full of silver coins, so anything is possible I guess....On the other hand perhaps Silver master just got caught up in the moment with all the excitement that's been happening.....I tend to agree with a lot of stuff Silver master has said on this forum in the past but certainly not all of it....When the smoke clears on this topic and several words have been written, perhaps a picture could be worth a thousand words here to satisfy any Doubting Thomases....thumbs down....JJ
May 24, 2015 05:36PM
Actually, I know a guy who has been detecting for over 30 years. Five or so years ago he cashed in all his silver....made over $30,000....do the math on that. Not sure if that is numismatist value or melt......but I give him the benefit of the doubt and move on. But if you want to keep nipping at this guys heels...you have me thinking "WTH" is with TNSS.

My guess is the 5 gal buckets were not full of silver....too heavy to lift. He probably filled them part way so they are manageable and referred to them as pails and is on his third manageable pail of silver coins. Can you believe that....I can.
May 24, 2015 05:45PM
This is just a hobby, take everything with a grain of salt, let's not turn this into another "views" forum.
May 24, 2015 06:55PM
If he said he did, then he did. I would never call a guy out like that, can be embarassing.
May 24, 2015 07:10PM
deathray Wrote:
> If he said he did, then he did. I would never call
> a guy out like that, can be embarassing.

Good answer deathray! What prompted this thread in the first place? To quote someone..."Can't we all just get along?"
May 24, 2015 07:35PM
deathray Wrote:
> If he said he did, then he did. I would never call
> a guy out like that, can be embarassing.

+1
May 24, 2015 08:47PM
I don't know all but I do know some things. I know that 5 yrs in a hobby ain't long enough to be calling people out as a liar based on their own stats of what they have found and have not found.

I got into relic hunting late compared to some around here. There are guys I know locally that would go hunt the Confederate winter camps in middle TN and down in Corinth, MS. They would go every weekend and while I was listening to their stories one day, they were reflecting on those hunts at Corinth. They said they made a trip one weekend and was debating on whether or not to go back because out of the 3 of them, they only dug two CS plates that weekend. They said in the hayday of the CS camps in middle TN, that it wasn't uncommon to find 2 or 3 CS plates a weekend per person, and that Block I buttons were everywhere. The same goes for the winter camps in Dalton, GA when it comes to CS buttons. One of my friends lives in Tunnel Hill and got into the hobby late too. Despite that, he has 2 of the BIG ryker button cases filled completely with CS buttons he has found from that area. Most are block and cast I infantry buttons but are still CS. By comparison, I've only got one Cast I, a VMI Cadet button, and CS droop wing that I only have pieces of. And up in northern Virginia, some of my friends there have dug hundreds of US plates. I recall one of them hitting a milestone for him a few yrs ago when he dug his 200th US oval plate. Not counting the eagle breastplates. My friend in Tunnel Hill was nearing 40 US breastplates and several US ovals the last I talked to him. By comparison, I've dug 4 eagle plates and 1 US box plate. And don't even get started on bullets. I myself, have dug thousands of them. The old timers I know, have to find places to store them. Some have made big wooden boxes like ammo crates and have them filled. I use to keep mine in big metal coffee cans...fill one to the brim and start on another. When I sold my stuff a few yrs ago, I had my truck bed almost full of the coffee cans of bullets. I know one guy that took an old deep non working bathrub and had it filled to the top with minie balls and such.

Compared to what we find today, or in recent years, this all sounds like a big fish story too but it is true. The stuff was and IS out there to find, although we have to work a bit more for it. Just this week, Aquachigger posted on his Facebook update of a recent hunt. He found 12 complete artillery shells, and 2 muskets. That is a common outing for him. I've never found a complete shell or musket. He has found hundreds of shells and several muskets....in recent yrs too.

And another guy that posts on one of the Facebook detecting groups is hunting yards and schools. He goes quite a bit, posts pics from every hunt and is already at 80 something silver coins for the year. I've only dug around 12 for the yr. Then you have the modern jewelry hunters on the beaches...some of which average 100 gold rings a yr. Not counting other jewelry items. Do the math on that for a person that has been in the hobby for 15 or 20+ yrs...and figure in that when they started detecting, there wasn't 20+ others to compete with for finds on any given beach.
May 24, 2015 09:49PM
Yeah Daniel. Not to go on , but on our local detecting forum, a well known author chimed in and stated no way could a guy find 750 silvers in a year. Well, we have all seen that guys posts for years, and yeah, he finds 750 silvers in a year. But that IS his job, lol. That was my first thought when Tnn posted this...man, you can get embarassed if he post a pic of 5 gallon buckets full of silver. And really, why does it matter?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/24/2015 09:50PM by deathray.
May 24, 2015 10:01PM
deathray Wrote:
> Yeah Daniel. Not to go on , but on our local
> detecting forum, a well known author chimed in and
> stated no way could a guy find 750 silvers in a
> year. Well, we have all seen that guys posts for
> years, and yeah, he finds 750 silvers in a year.
> But that IS his job, lol. That was my first
> thought when Tnn posted this...man, you can get
> embarassed if he post a pic of 5 gallon buckets
> full of silver. And really, why does it matter?

Can you school me on how to post pics?
I'm currently on vacation but when I get home I'll see if some pics won't earn me a apology.
May 24, 2015 10:06PM
I ran into something similar to this on one of the local deer hunting forums I am a member of. We were discussing the wild hog outbreak in southeast Tennessee and the USDA had hired helicopter hunters to come in and try to reduce the population via heli hunting in the county that I live in. They did not kill very many and one of the newer forum members chimed in that thread and started ridiculing the helicopter hunting effort, and made mention he and his dad had already killed over 100 that year in my county...and it was only like 4 months into the yr. I called him out on it. Cause I was on 3 huge properties in the county that were being destroyed by the hogs and we had only killed a couple. Well to my surprise...his next post was directed to me and in it, he included several pics of hogs stacked like cordwood with time and date stamps on the pics. His number of hogs was more like nearly 200. They were hunting them with AR-15s and AR-10s and thermal imaging scopes at night. Whereas my crew was hunting during the day. It sure put me in my place lol
Anonymous User
May 24, 2015 10:08PM
=tremendous or very bogus. --Tnss To be fair here , Tnss did not call him a liar. I don't think anyone has to choose between believe or not believe. A person can be neutral. Certainly debatable points of how it was brought up but since it is here I would like to see some "proof" and I find the number/ratios interesting. Not unusual to claim such an amazing feat without people wanting to know more.
May 24, 2015 10:08PM
Silver Master I would not believe you if I did not start detecting in1969 , I started detecting with a bfo relco that cost 19.95 had a depth of 2 inches on a good day. First place I hunted was a county park very few pull-tabs most junk was bottle caps dug it all no disc what so ever but I would hit a wheat penny ever foot and this place was not that heavily used .At this place I would always get a dollars worth of silver on a hunt .Then I bought a whites 5000d and started hitting fairgrounds these people were rich compared to county park people . $ 4 to 5 dollar silver days were common back then silver was not that big of a deal .The wheat pennys here were like trash targets forget nickels with all the pull-tabs I ran high disc and only dug silver and a rare clad coin now and then . I would sell off my silver for twice what the face value was da wish I would of kept it all .

(quote) Now a 30 year detectorist says he's dug 2 five gallon pails of silver and working on his third. OK. What about all the copper coins dug??? Would a 5 to 1 ratio of silver to copper be too big or little a ratio to expect over the long haul?? I suspect the ratio would be wider. Even using a 10 to 1 ratio that would mean what at least 20 five gallon pails of coppers. And we hadn't even mention nickels. Is this even feasible or believable?? This same gent says he's 83 years old, been detecting 30 plus years, so he was around 50 when he started. (Most people bypassed the copper I know I did)

I can see where people would not believe you but then again not many people detected back then it was only when I got near larger towns that it was harder to get 4 to 5 dollars of silver a day if I stay 20 miles away I would be in virgin ground all the time . If I would have started 5 years ago I would not believe you either so I will not show you a fish because I know what was out there before .

I wish I had used a small coil back then in the junk all the coins I left can not imagine , I always ran a 10 inch coil for depth and coverage 6 inch depth was max and that was a faint signal at that .

So fast forward today 6 inch coil working the trashest places because all the coins I have dug in the past have been in the 4 to 6 inch range where I live. You can put the garbage can lid coils on and sweep to your hearts content I will stick with the 6 inch coil because I know that the coins are in the trash.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/24/2015 10:31PM by sube.
May 24, 2015 10:12PM
One thing you have to remember is back 30 years ago the Silver was everywhere and the detectors were finally VLF so that opened up spots to more finds. I would have a harder time believen' someone sayin' they found that much lately. That's like these 500 silver a year guys on another forum who only been detectin' a couple years huntin the same pounded parks in my area, They are the ones who are full of it!
May 24, 2015 10:16PM
Ive met a guy who hunts many of the same beaches I do and alledgedly made $67,000 worth of find last year. My response.... you mut be apprasing you own finds. What others find affects my hunting very little.
Anonymous User
May 24, 2015 10:21PM
30 years ago was 1985. I don't know if silver was everywhere but I'm sure it was easier to find.
May 24, 2015 11:04PM
Not impossible. From this thread here: [www.dankowskidetectors.com]

My reply...
"Nowdays it is just a hobby to me. Considering the cost of gas and scarcity of good hunting spots and my age I really do not expect much more than finding enough to pay for the detector and a little gas. But, for me, the overall picture is very different. In 1971 at 24 years old the detecting scene was almost unbelievable compared to now and continued that way up into the mid 80s. 300, 400, to 600+ coins a day was the norm. And i would be dissappointed if there were not a at least 15 silver coins and a gold ring in there every day. In 1980 when silver went crazy I told my wife when it hits $20oz I was cashing in. It did. One morning it was $21oz. I packed it all up (no... not the rare ones!) along with two coathangers full of junk gold rings and a couple coffee cans full of silver rings/medals/etc. and headed for Sol's Jewelry and Loan in Omaha.I bought a new Chevy Blazer and my wife got a new Honda Civic with the proceeds.

So you asked "has there really been enough success through VLF/PI detector use to outweigh the intrinsic cost of detecting over the long term?" I say over the long term, for me at least, HECK YA! Makes me chuckle reading some of the forums. Someone with his ETrac found a little over 200 silver coins in 2011. And everyone is raving over it. I used to find that much every 2 weeks. But that was then and this is now. I'm getting old and it stills feels great just to get outdoors and do some beeping."
May 24, 2015 11:05PM
Kemper Wrote:
> 30 years ago was 1985. I don't know if silver was
> everywhere but I'm sure it was easier to find.

Yes it was everywhere back then
Most schools were still using athletic fields from the 40's
Small town fairgrounds were also similarly dated not to mention 30 yrs less trash
These novice detectorist don't know anything about audio till they've spent days with true analog machine !
As far as silver back in the day we removed it in layers so to speak
My first machine was a garrett groundhog with a astonishing depth of maybe 4 inches but then I optained a master hunter 5 that got maybe another inch in depth
Then I moved to a whites 5900 and found a amazing quantity of silver at some serious depths even by today's standards.
The difference between then and now is while we were removing silver it wasn't being replenished with more silver but with trash
I believe that under a quarter of a century worth of trash that a remarkable layer of really old silver exists today.
That's why a construction site where they scrape off topsoil is now my favorite areas
May 24, 2015 11:54PM
One time me and a few guys were talking. At the time I was 52 and my buddies were around 26. One of my buddies saw an ad in a magazine with some super hot girls in a Full Throttle ad. He said he had dated one of the girls. This guy was just your average Joe actually named William. He said he broke up with her because she was too needy. Me and my buddy called BS on it. So the next day he brought us some photos and we ate crow! But we did get to see more of her in those pictures so all was well!

Kenny
[www.youtube.com]
Anonymous User
May 25, 2015 12:01AM
Silver master Wrote:
> Kemper Wrote:
> -----
> > 30 years ago was 1985. I don't know if silver
> was
> > everywhere but I'm sure it was easier to find.
>
>
> Yes it was everywhere back then
> Most schools were still using athletic fields from
> the 40's
> Small town fairgrounds were also similarly dated
> not to mention 30 yrs less trash
> These novice detectorist don't know anything about
> audio till they've spent days with true analog
> machine !
> As far as silver back in the day we removed it in
> layers so to speak
> My first machine was a garrett groundhog with a
> astonishing depth of maybe 4 inches but then I
> optained a master hunter 5 that got maybe another
> inch in depth
> Then I moved to a whites 5900 and found a amazing
> quantity of silver at some serious depths even by
> today's standards.
> The difference between then and now is while we
> were removing silver it wasn't being replenished
> with more silver but with trash
> I believe that under a quarter of a century worth
> of trash that a remarkable layer of really old
> silver exists today.
> That's why a construction site where they scrape
> off topsoil is now my favorite areas

I have a thread here where I talked about,as a kid, getting handfuls of coins out of the sawdust at a parish beer stand. Of course it has since been detected by someone and getting a coin on that property is difficult although I did get one. Finding these type of spots undetected has to be rare but I would think some still exist. You are right about the sites not getting replenished, some not even with clad, as it is rarer to see the use of coins being used but rather the use of tickets, credit/debit cards etc.
May 25, 2015 12:15AM
I started detecting in the early 80's. I find more silver now due to better research,info,tips and equipment. Mostly due to the internet. Plus back then I really wasn't looking for deep silver either. I really don't know what I was looking for to be honest! LOL Back then you sent in a check for a machine you knew nothing about. 3 weeks later it shows up and you just struggled to make sense of it. Now through forums, emulators and videos your up and running in 10 minutes after the machine is delivered.

Kenny
[www.youtube.com]
May 25, 2015 12:59AM
khouse Wrote:
> I started detecting in the early 80's. I find
> more silver now due to better research,info,tips
> and equipment. Mostly due to the internet. Plus
> back then I really wasn't looking for deep silver
> either. I really don't know what I was looking
> for to be honest! LOL Back then you sent in a
> check for a machine you knew nothing about. 3
> weeks later it shows up and you just struggled to
> make sense of it. Now through forums, emulators
> and videos your up and running in 10 minutes after
> the machine is delivered.

Sounds like you might have hade a encounter with a bounty hunter 840 discriminator
I did and believe me after the magazine stories hyped up that beast with what 6 knobs and 2 switches
Today's detectorist just doesn't understand the abuse that entailed our hobby back then
May 25, 2015 01:23AM
Silver master Wrote:
> khouse Wrote:
> -----
> > I started detecting in the early 80's. I find
> > more silver now due to better
> research,info,tips
> > and equipment. Mostly due to the internet.
> Plus
> > back then I really wasn't looking for deep
> silver
> > either. I really don't know what I was looking
> > for to be honest! LOL Back then you sent in
> a
> > check for a machine you knew nothing about. 3
> > weeks later it shows up and you just struggled
> to
> > make sense of it. Now through forums,
> emulators
> > and videos your up and running in 10 minutes
> after
> > the machine is delivered.
>
> Sounds like you might have hade a encounter with a
> bounty hunter 840 discriminator
> I did and believe me after the magazine stories
> hyped up that beast with what 6 knobs and 2
> switches
> Today's detectorist just doesn't understand the
> abuse that entailed our hobby back then
I would love to go back with my current equipment! My first machine was a Whites 3900D Coinmaster. They should have named it a CT3900. (Carpel Tunnel 3900!!)