Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Just 3 Detector's?

Posted by Harold,ILL. 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Just 3 Detector's?
July 02, 2015 09:51PM
I always thought 3 was the perfect amount of detectors even though I have had more and less in 16 years and tried my share. I was wondering if you could only have 3 detectors what would they be? In no particular order I would have to say for me it would be Etrac,CZ-3D,and Nautilus IIba. I would include the XL-PRO with the Tone I.D. Mod. I have if it had modulated audio in Disc. mode so it gets honorable mention. I'm a big modulated audio guy and the 3 I picked all have it with the Nautilus IIba havin' the great DMC audio and an awesome deep disc. only tone. The Etrac and CZ-3D has adjustable Modulated audio that I love. Anyway's these are mine what's your's?
Re: Just 3 Detector's?
July 02, 2015 09:59PM
As many people are on here are the number of answers you will get. Different goals, soils, abilities, likes and dislikes for ergonomics, audio, weight. My primary go to machines are a Makro Racer, MXT Pro and TDI SL. For me they get the job done. I also have a few others I play aorund with when I have time like a Compass XP, Tesoro Tejon, IDX Pro.
July 02, 2015 10:28PM
Hi Harold

(1) White's 5900 CB, fast sweep with 8 inch coil to cover wide expanses quick.
...I picked this over my XL Pro because it can be dialed in hotter with the manual GB.

(2) White's MX5, slow sweep with 5.3 coil for the trashy spots.

(3) Tesoro Tiger Shark, fresh water hunting, which I will be doing soon.
July 02, 2015 10:34PM
My heavily modified Mark 1, E-Trac and a DFX.
July 02, 2015 11:15PM
1) CZ 6a. Rainproof and great all around detector for relic, coin, and beach.
2) Whites TDI for depth in bad ground conditions relic hunting and for gold.
3) Minelab Excallibur II for water hunting.
I have and use others but that is the three I could not sell that I own.
July 02, 2015 11:19PM
Still deciding.....LOL
For sure one would be my home brew PI.
New detectors for me this year DT Vista Gold, GoldBug Pro, T2 and Tesoro Euro Sabre.
Once I recover from my surgery, I can go bazerko and try them all out............

DeepTech Vista X with 3 search coils.
Works for me
July 02, 2015 11:35PM
Harold, that's how many I go detecting with when I go out, I have an AT Pro, a XLT and CZ20, it covers all the dirt I like to hunt in, I own 7
July 03, 2015 12:08AM
Wishful thinking, but a deus, gpx 5000, and CTX would about do it. Maybe find enough to cover the divorce too lol
July 03, 2015 12:08AM
Hey guys he said only three could be kept. I currently own 12 machines and really want to buy more, but common scents ( is that spelled right? ) and a wife is keeping that from happening right now. What I really need is a way to organize all of my detectors so they look nice with all accessories. Kind of like a gun cabinet does for guns. Heck I have more money in my detectors than my guns at this time, so maybe I need to think about a gun safe for them. Now you have me thinking of spending more money. This hobby just keeps getting more expensive all of the time. LOL!!!...Stuart
July 03, 2015 12:38AM
Harold, my three are the CZ3D, Racer and Blisstool V5. A lot of good units out there but these 3 have me covered for the way I hunt. I guess the big thing is I have confidence in each of them depending on what type of ground I'm hunting.
July 03, 2015 12:59AM
CZ-6a, F75 LTD II and Tesoro Stingray II.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/03/2015 01:01AM by cadman.
July 03, 2015 01:07AM
My three are:
White's V3i with BigFoot coil - Clad & Jewelry
Makro Racer - Dry saltwater beach sand, ghost towns, railroad sidings
Minelab Sovereign GT - Saltwater Wet sand
Tesoro Tiger Shark - Fresh water hunting
White's M6 with HotFoot Coil - Competition hunts
White's GMT - Small nugget Hunting
White's TDI SL - Larger nugget hunting

That's three right?
July 03, 2015 01:17AM
Tom D 12" tuned CZ3D
LTD2 F75
Irish ETrac
July 03, 2015 01:42AM
The one I know best,the one I know second best and a third for a friend.smiling smiley

I have a modded IDX Pro with 5.3,Royal 800 and 950 coils.....an Explorer2 with 5" Excelerator,Sunray x-8 on the way and stock 1050.....and "Dino",a 66TR with small and large coils. Guess which one is for the friend? smiling smiley smiling smiley smiling smiley
July 03, 2015 01:45AM
CZ and Explorer for the deep silver...F5 for park hunting clad....For gold rings old Tesoro such as Pantera, GS-11, Tolec 100 were I can get audio variances in pinpoint to cut down the odds gold ring or junk(tabs-foil etc.)
July 03, 2015 02:02AM
My arsenal contains exactly three machines:
1. E-Trac
2. Excal II
3. Whites DF PI

When I buy a Tesoro I'll be equipped at 99.9%
July 03, 2015 02:20AM
If I could still swing one the Minelab CTX for most of my hunting

For the iron I'll take the XP Deus ( banking on an update and new coil release )

I guess my third would be the Sovereign GT. Yes the CTX can hunt wet sand, but hell I just love the Sovereign at the beach. Wet sand and shallow surf are my favorite hunts by the way.

I own two of these. But the CTX is too heavy for me to hunt long periods.
July 03, 2015 03:07AM
I generally just have one high end coin hunting detector and one minor backup, seems to work.
(after all location, location,location smiling smiley )
wjs
July 03, 2015 03:13AM
1. Etrac
2. V3i
3. F75LTD
July 03, 2015 03:26AM
Adhering to the 3 detector limit, and a 1 coil setup for each.

CTX--stock coil
Xp Deus--9" coil
Makro Racer--small OOR coil
July 03, 2015 03:46AM
Any good FBS machine (Etrac/ctx, sov, explorer, etc)...
Any iron sifter that has super fast recovery/reactivity (deus, core/racer, GB/F19/G2, Tejon/Vaquero, F75/T2, DTVG, etc)
and a good water huntin machine that can dive deep (CZ 20/21, Ex-cal, Surf master, tiger/sand shark, etc).

any/all of the above are good and I'd be pretty happy with one of each to cover all bases (or most anyway)!

I currently have/use 5 (had 6 til a few days ago but sold Deus) to use cash for a new Kayak and some other stuff -- may get another Deus in the near future (if so = will be 3rd one)! lol

Currently using:

CTX 3030 (stock 11" and 6" DD coils)
Fisher F19 (stock 5x10" and 13" ultimate coils)
Tesoro Vaquero (stock 9x8" and 5.75 concentric coils)
5900 DI Pro (heavily modded) and just back from Whites where it was completely rebuilt grinning smiley
Surfmaster II (also modded) to be extremely hot on gold grinning smiley
July 03, 2015 04:30PM
I haul around the F19, T2se & a TDI.
July 03, 2015 05:23PM
Just 3?

CTX
DEUS
GPX

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
July 03, 2015 05:46PM
i better hurry and officially gift my 350 to my son so I can legally get a TDi pro for my 3rd.
July 03, 2015 11:15PM
Racer
Fors CoRe
GF2

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/03/2015 11:15PM by rustic charm.
July 04, 2015 05:04AM
Harold, you've got some good picks all with modulated audio.

My three just changed, well one of the three did and it was an upgrade coming off a V5 upgrading to a V6 with the added ore mode.

Here are my three and not in order, Each serve a purpose.

Deus with 9" coil,
Blisstool V6 with 7" X 9" coil,
GPX 5000 with Commander 10" X 5" DD coil,

These are my relic detectors, ATX is another honorable mention if I was to add a forth.

Paul

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/04/2015 05:07AM by Old California.
July 04, 2015 10:04AM
I'd have to say
Etrac- it's the detector that I've clicked with most
Cz3d-my 1021 Tom tuned is great in the right circumstances
Xp.deus- I hope. I'm taking this one hiking to some old trails when I get it soon.
but will probably end up with a ctx.
also I'd love to try a whites. I haven't had one since the 90' but honestly I'd love to try another one.
But I've been too busy testing the new multi frequency garret detector.
July 05, 2015 12:21AM
TDI-Pro
Tejon
MX-5
July 05, 2015 04:20AM
1. Deus or vaquero

2. Garrett infinium ls

3. Ctx
July 05, 2015 12:47PM
Same 3 as Keith.

When I had the Deus and GPX, I kept thinking it sure would be nice to have a CTX to go with them. With those 3 I could handle any situation I think I would encounter in the field. Right now Inam detectorless. Traded my Deus on the 3 guns a while back and since then, have sold and traded around some more and have came out smelling like a rose. And just sold my GPX to fund the excavation work for my new house.