Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Has anyone done a head to head comparison between a Racer/Nokta and a Tesoro detector with the 5" coils?

Posted by Detectorist 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
I sure would be interested in something like that. I might do one with my Eurotech Pro 8" VS my Nokta....
Here's a good comparison vid of 4 machines including a Core and a Tesoro as well as F19 and ATP but all with stock coils

yet = still eye opening in some ways

watch the entire vid to see all test (depth, speed/recovery, separation)...

[www.youtube.com]
I'm very surprised the F19 didn't do any better and the performance of the Vaquero was much better than I expected.

Maybe Keith can chime in on this test...

Thanks!
Hard to beat a tesoro for a single tone dissection..

Tesoro has one of the best disc circuits for sifting through iron Ive ever used....especially the newer hot technology units and the Tejon..

If they would take a tejon and add low tone for the disc setting rejection and add iron volume control and revamp the battery system they would have a unbeatable unit for relics in my opinion..

A Tejon is sparky though and its best used on depleated iron loaded sites in my opinion..

With that said a Tejon with 5.75 c..and a Racer with OOR 5 in iron will nab different targets.. the Tejon will see small on edge things in nails if you learn the language yet the stuff like the Racer sees the Tejon will sound more like a hard iron false....this is on worked hard sites....Sounds weird I know but the lack of the low tone in dense iron of irregular sizes other than nails will cause alot of falsing on the Tejon from the HIGH gain and the missed targets that the Racer sees is becasue of the Audio clarity on such targets..yet on a site with just nails mainly the Tejon can report items of small in nature and or on-edge that the Racer will not lock on..

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
The F19 running on 19 khz is weak on coins/silver and higher conductors from a "depth" standpoint when in "disc" mode --- turn it to all metal non motion threshold based mode and prepare to be blown away on depth -- you'll be diggin tiny lead bits at 16" deep!

It does very well on separation/recovery speed in disc mode and/but it's a nickel/gold/brass magnet (very good at hitting on tiny buttons and gold rings, etc) and especially mixed in iron with the 5x10" coil

if you want good depth out of the F19 while using disc mode = you need the 13" ultimate coil (I use both the 5x10" DD and the 13" ultimate depending on what I'm looking for/where I'm using it)...
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Tesoro Vaquero is a coin magnet and gets very good depth runnin at (your choice of 14.3, 14.5 or 14.7 khz)

I have/use one of these units too -- I will do a video with the 5.75 concentric coil and it will blow your mind on separation/speed as well as depth for being such a small coil...
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not an ATP fan at all (dude didn't have it setup proper in the video either) - he needed to run it in Pro mode, 0 disc, V break 31/32, Iron audio off , and no bell tone while doing the separation/recovery test
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Core is a decent machine (fast separation/recovery) but seriously needs more depth and FAR more user adjustability imo
MichiganRelicHunter Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The F19 running on 19 khz is weak on coins/silver
> and higher conductors from a "depth" standpoint
> when in "disc" mode --- turn it to all metal non
> motion threshold based mode and prepare to be
> blown away on depth -- you'll be diggin tiny lead
> bits at 16" deep!

With what coil? You wouldn't happen to have that on video would you? I'd like to see it.

Wayne

Pleasant Garden, NC
AT Max, Nokta Impact, MX Sport, Nokta FORS Relic, GPX 4800, Infinium, Racer, Deus, F75SE, Nautilus DMC II (order of acquisition, last to first)

Does an archeologist argue with a plow? A bureaucrat with a bulldozer?
Tesoro detectors have made a believer out of me. If the Racer/Nokta or any other detector can do better on my 8 1/2" x 8 1/2" pull tab test board, I'll buy it.

[www.youtube.com]

tabman
Yes Tabman. Im not giving up the Tejon for the Turkey.
tabman Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Tesoro detectors have made a believer out of me.
> If the Racer/Nokta or any other detector can do
> better on my 8 1/2" x 8 1/2" pull tab test board,
> I'll buy it.
>
> [www.youtube.com]
>
> tabman

When you first pass the coil over your targets, it appears that the machine is sounding off on some tabs. Can you perform the test with the tabs fully discriminated out? I'm amazed by the performance of the Vaquero.

Can you send me a copy of your test paper and mark the position of the tabs?

Thanks!
I agree with tab man on this one. I own 4 tesoro's a vaquero, cibola, and two compadres along with a deus and at pro and the vaquero amazes me with what it can do. Just this morning at a local school yard with the vaquero and the new 8 x 11 dd I scored a thin 10k gold ring on edge at 3 inches was shocked the big coil saw it. None of my detectors even come close in depth to the vaquero except the deus