Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

hot smiley Omega 8500

Posted by Denari 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
hot smiley Omega 8500
July 03, 2015 06:06PM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/03/2015 06:07PM by Denari.
Re: hot smiley Omega 8500
July 03, 2015 06:12PM
Looks good, makes me want one, but man how many different models do they need? Looks like overkill.
July 03, 2015 06:16PM
No variable tone/V break??

Looks like a neat little machine with a ton of features but seriously - if there's no V break = why even bother?

Or does it have one and I just don't see it listed? lol

Or that's on the Omega 10,000!?
July 03, 2015 07:53PM
Hope its made a little better than the 8000....radio shack makeup on that one....felt it would self destruct if I swung it....
July 03, 2015 11:29PM
Is it weatherproof like the F44?
July 04, 2015 01:26AM
all they seem to do is make changes and no new flagships

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
July 04, 2015 01:31AM
rustic charm Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Is it weatherproof like the F44?

No same housing and coils as current omega.

No v-break.

Has fast mode d0, default d1, slower with 60hz filter d2, and slower with 50 and 60 hz filters d3

4 target I'd per pass. Primary notch shows dark and vdi, 3 secondary show half dark notchocolate

GB off set

Individual notch volume.

Same tone selections as before but 1 tone is vco and 5th option for none proportional audio

Gain and threshold split in AM like g2

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/04/2015 01:32AM by detectingMO.
July 04, 2015 01:52AM
Wonder about "enhanced multilevel depth boost". Notch volume is neat if thats you're thing.
July 04, 2015 02:44AM
deadlift Wrote:
> Wonder about "enhanced multilevel depth boost".
>

See above

Its similar to fa, de, bp, and cl on t2/f75 with dst
July 04, 2015 06:17AM
I tested it, it's not the 8000, and will say in defense to the comment above, ALL the Teknetics are light weight and feel like they would break, but I put the 8000 thru hell, and never had a problem, the ATP, X-Terra 505, and dues all broke something within the first 6 months. I am a Pro Detector, I write articles and reviews, do product testing, etc. I am planning on writing 2 reviews for the 8500 when my production model gets here, one overall review and one technical review, plus YouTube tutorials. Check out my review of the 8000, Google me, Shon " Kansas Digger" Fox, I am on YouTube, Facebook, everywhere lol. Thanks for adding me

KD
July 04, 2015 07:47AM
What is a "Pro Detector" ?
July 04, 2015 08:51AM
I must be a pro detector....... minus all the articles, reviews, and utube.....hey but im retired do as little as I can get away with and detect way to much lol.

Dew
July 04, 2015 08:58AM
Is it me or us everyone's Re: doing flaming backflips? I didn't even read, is this one multi frequency?
Re: The Omega 8500
July 04, 2015 09:15AM
"Pro Detector" ?
Is it a larger version of a Pro Pointer?

Back on topic:
I presume "Quick switch mode control" is an all-metal / disc mode toggle? I like the idea of that, I've often wanted the feature on my F75, to the extent I part-designed circuitry to do it.

It looks like some thought went into the LCD display, they've fitted a lot of stuff in the space. When I see the battery-strength indicator, I wonder if it should look like a PP3 9 volt one.

This machine shows up the problem of naming a machine after the last letter in the Greek Alphabet. You've no letters left for the next, more advanced model....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/04/2015 09:16AM by Pimento.
July 04, 2015 09:55AM
"Pro detector" = 2 posts and apparently tested an omega 8500...lol
Re: The Omega 8500
July 04, 2015 11:32AM
When you post, you can edit the 'Subject' to remove the stupid annoying animation - it's the X and (

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/04/2015 12:18PM by Pimento.
July 04, 2015 11:57AM
I believe he means he's a Professional Detectorist. He makes money at it verses only being a hobby.....My guess.
Welcome to the forum KD.
July 04, 2015 01:17PM
ozzie Wrote:
> I believe he means he's a Professional
> Detectorist. He makes money at it verses only
> being a hobby.....My guess.
> Welcome to the forum KD.

I probably make more money finding looney's and toonie's ($1 and $2 coins) here in Canada than he does. Product testers (professional?) might get to keep a new machine which would be a nice bonus....
magazine/youtube reviews probably pay very little...

a Professional moniker is pushing it in our hobby, me thinks....
July 04, 2015 02:29PM
I've found my deepest coins using an Omega 8000. Simple to use and light weight.

The only thing I ever wanted it to do better is how it handles EMI.
July 04, 2015 02:34PM
I like the feel of the S - rod better than the hand grip on these particular machines. The Omega/G2 I used for a little testing kind of felt "rubbery" while sweeping. It even squeaked some. The S - rod on the F19/GBP feels solid with no flex. I have not heard of one breaking though?

Kenny
[www.youtube.com]
July 04, 2015 02:39PM
Honestly I feel original poster does a good job on his articles and such for publications, but they are proofread by the powers to be before publication. Therefore feel some of our
people could give a detailed report also with the good and bad emphasized. Experienced detectorist is probably more accurate than pro detector..
July 04, 2015 02:50PM
Holding the menu button while is disc gives you all metal check. Of course with the new setup you can do a quick turn of the threshold dial to check as well like on the g2
July 04, 2015 02:50PM
wade tx Wrote:
> Looks good, makes me want one, but man how many
> different models do they need? Looks like
> overkill.

I agree Wade, FTP has more models than Baskin-Robbins has flavors of ice cream.
July 06, 2015 06:05AM
What I meant was I am a professional detectorist. As I make my living through the hobby of metal detecting, I guess I chose the wrong site to join, I only mentioned my job to offer technical support and information to others who have questions. Not to be belittled by a bunch of cliquish individuals. I make a very good living, and am proud of my accomplishments, I worked hard to gain the trust of the manufacturer companies, and the dealers I work with. Instead of welcoming a new member, you chose to berate them and make rude comments. Way to represent the hobby, and show a positive representation of the people that make up this hobby. I was authorized to give 3 websites a community coupon thru a manufacturer, allowing a 20% discount on a detector, because of the rudeness of the members on this site, I will not be choosing you. At least I didn't waste to much time learning if this site is deserving. Thank you to the few who were polite, I am sorry you have to miss out on this promotion, and my giveaway contest I do on the sites I am accepted in.

KD
July 06, 2015 06:16AM
Nailed-it Wrote:
> "Pro detector" = 2 posts and apparently tested an
> omega 8500...lol

Professional detector means I help the engineers decide what the public want on a machine, what worked abd doesn't work, and what websites abd forums represent the products in a positive light, which in turn, the members are rewarded with giveaways and special offers, abd because off your rudeness, along with others, your site will not be receiving. I hope the admins and creator of this site sees these posts and understands what you and your cohorts have caused them to lose.

KD
July 06, 2015 06:25AM
dewcon4414 Wrote:
> I must be a pro detector....... minus all the
> articles, reviews, and utube.....hey but im
> retired do as little as I can get away with and
> detect way to much lol.
>
> Dew

sounds familiar! ehe! he! he!

(h.h.!)
j.t.
July 06, 2015 06:39AM
Dan-Pa. Wrote:
> Honestly I feel original poster does a good job on
> his articles and such for publications, but they
> are proofread by the powers to be before
> publication. Therefore feel some of our
> people could give a detailed report also with the
> good and bad emphasized. Experienced detectorist
> is probably more accurate than pro detector..

i concur! "biased" detector reviews (as interesting as thy are,)
do not ,(in my view) represent a "true" field evaluation of the "good" AND
"bad" operating characteristics of the detector,and as such, are considered by "most"
experienced hunters to be of "entertainment" value only.

(h.h.!)
j.t.
Re: Omega 8500
July 06, 2015 10:49AM
Kansas Digger, I assume you have already contacted the owner of this website with your kind offer and commercial discount? You know he's the guy with his picture, email and phone number plastered all over this website?

You may wish to try your luck over at Gary Keithline's Findmall [www.findmall.com]. Clean up your English though; he doesn't take too kindly to foreigners.

Good luck.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/06/2015 11:17AM by go-rebels.
July 06, 2015 11:15AM
I'm very impressed with my Omega 'version 5'. It's silver coin hound. From what I can read and see on the box it looks like the 8500 is going have some really nice features added.

Thanks for sharing.

tabman

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/06/2015 11:15AM by tabman.
July 06, 2015 11:53AM
Kansas Digger....If you get flustered by what I consider very light and near little if any ball busting, from this thread, you won't make it on the forums. So my advise to you would be to swing your leg off that high saddle and stand on the ground with us.......Blend in first before you put your foot back into that stirrup......Make sense?
Now again, welcome to the forum.