Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Learning the Fors Core...

Posted by Detectorist 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Learning the Fors Core...
July 04, 2015 03:16AM
Went out for another 2 hours with my Core w/5" coil. This time hunted a little roadside park right off the main road. I started to 'size' my targets. This resulted in a 75% good target rate. It's easier to 'size' targets with a DD coil, I've found out. There were many 82-83 signals.but when I sized them, they were larger than coins. I ended up with 1 clad Quarter and three copper Mems.

I dug a few 82s just in case since the fat minies register in that number. No luck.

So, that makes it 8 hours on the machine. Getting better.
Re: Learning the Fors Core...
July 04, 2015 09:22PM
I only got around an hour yesterda on my well hunted out park - Got skunked but the targets I did recover, I kinda knew they were canslaw/pulltabs anyhow - I love the balance when swinging the CoRe - Nice in every respect
Re: Learning the Fors Core...
July 04, 2015 09:42PM
I like the Racer but I love the CoRe. To me it has a more intelligent audio, easier for me too understand what's really there. If I had to have just one machine the CoRe would be it. I might be biased though as I got to run it a lot more than my Racer before it got hot. Great machines both of em.