Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Racer strikes gold

Posted by Sand dog 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Racer strikes gold
July 04, 2015 01:31PM
Got a few hours to hit beach last night, tide was high so I knew it was going to be dry sand hunting. I left the Excal and ATX home "CTX isn't here yet" so I grabbed the racer with stock coil and headed to beach. Detected down the towel line then started gridding. Got $6.30 in clad a destroyed iphone 4 a silver toe ring and a 18k white gold band. The racer worked great I was running beach mode sens at 95. I did notice something though, it seems the racer dosent like to be swung too fast maybe it's just beach mode I'm not sure yet. But I was swinging along and got a blip so I slowed swing down a tad and got a nice solid signal. Good thing this happened when I first started detecting because it made me slow down my swing speed right away. I'll post pic later right now I'm heading out with my skiff hooka and Excal. Thanks

John

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/05/2015 09:56PM by Sand dog.
Re: Racer strikes gold
July 04, 2015 04:35PM
Good job John!

Silver and white gold the same day and 18k to boot! Great beach outing for sure.

Congrats
Paul
July 04, 2015 05:36PM
The Racer is now my #1 Saltwater Dry Sand detector. Before that it was the F19 or Gold Bug Pro but the Racer has so much more gain for depth and it gets better depth in the wet sand for when I dip down down there to see if it's productive or not. It the wet is producing then it's the Sovereign or Excal time.
July 04, 2015 06:59PM
Nice job on the rings, hopefully that 18K ring will pay for the Racer thumbs down
July 05, 2015 03:08AM
Congrats John. Silver & gold on the same hunt...WOW!
July 05, 2015 03:08AM
I'm completely jealous. I spent five days working Topsail Island and only came away with $1.37 in clad, a #2 fishing weight, and a womens Seiko watch. I figured out too late about really slowing the swing speed down. Hopefully I will be able to hit a beach again sometime but they are few & far between for me. Congrats on your finds!
July 05, 2015 04:13AM
Congrats John on a good hunt. The Racer seems like it is doing well and you are learning what it prefers at the same time.
July 05, 2015 05:27AM
WTG John and concretz on the gold!