Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Factory retuned Gold Bug SE Video

Posted by Keith Southern 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Factory retuned Gold Bug SE Video
August 13, 2010 04:01AM
Got my Gold Bug back this week and I have hit a couple of spots with it and it is finding relics in dense iron pretty easy!!!! I shot a video today and thought maybe some of you would like to see the the advantage of being able to set your own tone breakpoint...Phenomenal detector to say the least for separation...I think you will see in the video the target recovery is excellent from iron to a dime on edge...No more 1 tone for unmasking.............. 2 tone all the way now...They should offer this one feature on the flagships if nothing else !My dream set up has arrived..

Hope you enjoy ...[www.youtube.com]

Keith
Re: Factory retuned Gold Bug SE Video
August 13, 2010 11:39AM
That is a good video. Shows some of the features very good, target separation is fantastic. The F75 and T2 should have the same capabilities I would think.
Thanks for taking the time to make the video.
August 13, 2010 03:39PM
Well again when you throw in some dirt things change....You will have to to a video of you relic hunting with grunts of iron and then dig the high tone and show us what you dig up...So the LTD can't do that same as the gold bug or the Omega?

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
The purpose is to show you the tone breakpoint
August 13, 2010 06:53PM
And speed of recovery.. We all know it changes in the dirt..but you will hard pressed to get the omega t-2 f-75 and any other FT machines to do this in 2 tone ...especially repeatable ..

That's all I was doing .. Showing a feature set that is unique to the GB only right now...and its a great feature to unmask while still retaining iron I.D. ...Great for relic hunting...

Keith
August 14, 2010 12:41AM
Like I said, a very good example of target separation.
August 14, 2010 12:34PM
Keith,

VERY well orchistrated demonstration. Well captured audio........very good video angle/direction capture.............and great GB demonstration of one of it's primary objectives/capabilities. Actually, what you demonstrated......is more 'targeted' for the Tek G2 ... (of which is not released yet)......but since they are very similar units.................your demonstration is on queue.......albeit.....a 'prospecting' unit. The 19-Khz should provide 'capable' relic hunting performance in nail-infested sites (hopefully). xxxxxxxxxxx Again, well done.
August 14, 2010 10:22PM
Interesting, now we're headed up toward 20Khz. I know for me, since the day the 15khz Groundhog was introduced, a detecting window was broken, and detecting was greatly improved, at least for low conductivity targets. But you still hear of gold machines up in the 60-70khz range. What would a detector be lacking if frequency was set that high, and why do we never seem to see many in between those ranges (except previously mentioned Gcool smiley?
thank's Tom!!
August 14, 2010 11:33PM
N/T
Re: thank's Tom!!
August 15, 2010 02:15AM
Yes........Gold Bug-II is 71-Khz.

In general..... the higher the freq...the more sensitivity to tiny low conductors. Sometimes......it's cumbersome to find targets that would rest on a pin head. Also....bad dirt will attenuate signal strength more rapidly with higher freqs. And higher freqs are much more sensitive to iron......but will ID iron a bit better. Plenty of trade-offs.
August 21, 2010 01:27AM
That is good !

Is the G2 going to be the same sort of machine? Does anyone know what the differences are between this GB and the G2, just the coil maybe?

Also, if I buy a GBSE how can I know if it is OK or if it needs to be sent in?

Thanks,

Julien
August 21, 2010 02:04AM
G2 should be a very similar unit.

......Hard to tell if a new GB SE is functioning per design..........................as......................right now.................there is no 'base reference' in which to gauge.
August 21, 2010 02:13AM
NASA-Tom Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> G2 should be a very similar unit.
>
> ......Hard to tell if a new GB SE is functioning
> per
> design..........................as................
> ......right now.................there is no 'base
> reference' in which to gauge.

Well, it is always something isn't it?

BTW, I had the pleasure of hunting with Tony from Orlando last week. Took him to a hard place... bad ground but there are still targets there, it is a stingy site though.

J
August 21, 2010 12:29PM
Tony is an impressive hunter...........in many ways.