Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Did some tests of my own air test Fors Core..... discovered something amazing.

Posted by Detectorist 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Did some tests of my own air test Fors Core..... discovered something amazing.
July 05, 2015 09:21AM
Placed a Dime about ¼" from the middle of a pull tab. Dime by itself was coming up at '85' solid. Pull tab alone came up at 62-66 depending on the coil direction...

Sen = 85; Mask = 10; Mode = DI3; 5" coil.

swinging the 5" coil lengthwise both ways gave me a mixed signal with the numbers occasionally climbing up to the 80s.

When swinging the coil at a good 45 deg, I could get lots more high tones while moving the coil away from the Dime it eventually gave me a solid '82' on the screen. So by isolating the Dime I was able to get a diggable signal and VDI. Sensitivity had no efect. As a matter of fact, at '99' sensitivity it was harder to get any high tone when swinging end to end.

Here is the amazing thing. I bumped up the disc to '80'. At this point it was giving me a short high tone EVERY SWING with a VDI of 82 no matter which direction I swung the coil over the targets. So the high disc actually helped isolate a high tone and solid VDI. I've never seen this in any detector ever! The high '80' discrimination did not appear to affect depth.

So I guess I have to start digging those 'iffy' 82 signals.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/05/2015 09:22AM by Detectorist.
Re: Did some tests of my own air test Fors Core..... discovered something amazing.
July 05, 2015 10:30AM
Similar statement I and others made about "Racer"
{ "I've never seen that before on any detector!" }
Re: Did some tests of my own air test Fors Core..... discovered something amazing.
July 05, 2015 11:31AM
I'm not able to edit my post. Where I state that the coil wa swung 45 deg, should read at 90 degrees.
July 05, 2015 11:00PM
I just tested the Core with the 11" coil. Amazingly, it was almost as good in separating the targets. It still gave me mostly good numbers. Mostly 82 but sometimes 80-83. It did give me a much shorter and scatchier blip. This is with disc set at '80'.

Tests like these give me a lot more confidence in my machine.
July 06, 2015 01:59AM
I need to diuplicate this test with the f75 and 5" DD coil at DISC=65.