Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Who needs a detector ?

Posted by Dan-Pa. 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Who needs a detector ?
July 05, 2015 02:43PM
A local fisherman digging worms for bait uncovered two gold coins and a derringer pistol. They were in a towel and encased in thick grease of old. Speculattion it was wagon wheel grease and preserved them perfectly..Guess this fellow will be getting some new fishing gear...Not a prayer how they got there so who knows perhaps over the next hill....
Re: Who needs a detector ?
July 05, 2015 03:29PM
But did he find any worms?

I can't begin to keep track of how many people stop me on the beach to tell me a story of someone finding a killer ring without a detector. I don't think they are saying I am an idiot for using one or trying to make me feel foolish for needing one. They just want to share a good story. One of the nice things about life is unexpectedly getting lucky. God does some fairly random seeming blessings. Nothing seems to pay off better than hard work and good decisions. thumbs down
HH!

Past(or)Tom
Using a Legend, a Deus 2, an Equinox 800, a Tarsacci MDT 8000, & a few others...
with my beloved, fading Corgi, Sadie
July 05, 2015 04:12PM
I' ve found a 5 and 10 dollar bill in parking lot this week. I'm sure that's about the amount of clad I ve found all year. But it's sure not as fun as going out swinging and digging.
July 05, 2015 04:55PM
I would rather dig for my guns and gold more fun and of course I find a lot of worms in the soil...

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
July 05, 2015 05:03PM
One of my detecting buddies was out detecting with his 10 year old grandson. He told his Grandson to go over and check along the fence that boardered the soccer field. "sometimes bills get blown over there". My buddy finds about $0.15 when his grandson returns with a $50.00 bill.
July 05, 2015 05:35PM
Is there a news story we can read about it?
July 05, 2015 08:18PM
Neat story, in my lifetime have found not one 100 bill but 2.
One bill was on our main avenue people just walking by a 100 dollar bill, ok was Canadian though smiling smiley
July 06, 2015 10:18PM
that's funny, I went out digging this weekend and was looking for relics and coins and dug worms and trash smiling smiley
July 07, 2015 11:17PM
Local fellow found it and never hit the papers for various reasons.....