Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

The racer and small coil really is amazing

Posted by wjs 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
wjs
The racer and small coil really is amazing
July 05, 2015 11:06PM
Took it to one of my real trashy places. Not a lot of bottlecaps or pulltabs but a lot of nails, and other type trash. Started in a small area probably 6x6 feet. Hit this area with every detector I have owned even the F75 with the small football coil. I was amazed at the amount of coins that were still in the ground. Most of the targets I dug had iron in or around the target. Its just like you said Jack.......;o)
Re: The racer and small coil really is amazing
July 05, 2015 11:30PM
Cool.
July 05, 2015 11:46PM
That's what it did for me. I was astonished at the amount of stuff, coins and jewelry that other machines just did not see at all. Crazy good machines the Turk's make.
July 05, 2015 11:51PM
That's what I've been doing with my Racer and 5" OOR coil. I like running the Gain at 01 in 3 tone and the disc at 23. It still gives 4" - 5" depth but the signal gets shrunk so it doesn't see adjacent targets so much. Also it reduces the overload signals so it's pretty much just the bottle caps that overload.
July 06, 2015 01:28AM
i finally picked another one up. i bet there's gold in them there hills!
July 06, 2015 01:37AM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/06/2015 01:59AM by go-rebels.
July 06, 2015 01:40AM
Good to hear wjs, same on this end and tend to hear it a lot. For thick iron trash it's my go to unit.
July 06, 2015 02:00AM
Yeah lower your gain and lower the disc and you have a new monster that does really better then any machine I have used in heavy iron.

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
July 06, 2015 02:31AM
With Makro Racer or Nokta CoRe unit, instead of running from the iron, instead run right to it. Such simple units to operate. Cost is reasonable too. Racer screen is absolutely tops in clarity and layout. Is it the end all detector??? Certainly not, but based on my experience with it---- it has its place. Not midgrade units either in certain detecting environments !!!!!!

And based on all the youtube video with unit being tested and used in wet salt sand---- both detectors seem to perform above average when compared to many other single frequency vlf detectors.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/06/2015 02:37AM by tnsharpshooter.
July 06, 2015 07:21PM
Sorry if this has been asked/answered before: Why is the 5" Racer coil often referred to as an OOR coil? It appears to be a DD, 5" x 4.5", looking like any other similar coil for other machines. I've heard of oOo, and OO, but this one has me puzzled....
July 06, 2015 07:43PM
Out of Round coil, I think. I think Keith may have named it actually.
July 06, 2015 08:33PM
Any idea whether the 5x10 coil will produce a similar result?
July 06, 2015 09:16PM
tnsharpshooter Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Out of Round coil, I think. I think Keith may
> have named it actually.

I thought Monte named it that but maybe Keith did.(OOR=Out Of Round)---Doesn't matter really-----what does matter is that little guy is a great performing little coil!------I resisted these detectors (Racer & CoRe) for awhile (I'm a tough sell)winking smiley---but man---they truly do have some things going for them!------I really like the Racer 5 X 10 coil also.-----Also, I like the Racer the best of the two-- but as they say "that's just me". smiling smiley
July 06, 2015 09:44PM
D&P-OR Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> tnsharpshooter Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Out of Round coil, I think. I think Keith may
> > have named it actually.
>
>
> I thought Monte named it that but maybe Keith
> did.(OOR=Out Of Round)---Doesn't matter
> really-----what does matter is that little guy is
> a great performing little coil!------I resisted
> these detectors (Racer & CoRe) for awhile (I'm a
> tough sell)winking smiley---but man---they truly do have some
> things going for them!------I really like the
> Racer 5 X 10 coil also.-----Also, I like the Racer
> the best of the two-- but as they say "that's just
> me". smiling smiley

You could be correct. Both are terrific gents though.
July 07, 2015 01:21AM
Yep love that little 5" OOR coil, and it's amazingly deep thumbs down
July 07, 2015 08:36AM
OK, 'Out of round' it is , then, and very misleading.
I wonder if the detector recognises what coil size it has fitted? That might account for some of the good performance, if the machine can apply more gain / different processing etc to get the best out of it.
July 07, 2015 02:23PM
I haven't experienced that "aha!" moment while hunting yet. There simply may not be a lot of targets where I have hunted. However, In testing, especially the small coil, I've been very impressed with my 'poor man's Deus'.

That's my phrase.
July 07, 2015 03:25PM
The 5x10 is a great coil and don't need the 5" yet till I hit really bad iron so far no need for the smaller coil..easy to miss targets with the 5" the 5x10 is way faster and covers more ground is really deep and loves to hunt in iron

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
July 07, 2015 04:51PM
Lets just call them RC13, RC26, RC29, and RC40.

smiling smiley
July 07, 2015 05:49PM
That sounds like a fine idea.