Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Looking around seems the Turkish machines are producing a lot of WOW moments LOL....

Posted by Jack Flynn 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
It takes just a little while to realize what you've got you're hands ahold of doesn't it? Great stories and finds popping up everywhere looks like. Possibly with the advent of a new machine maybe from Nokta in the future. What worries me is adding notch, adjustable this and that to their machines is they might, just might, not be as good as the ones we have now. So many people might not realize, the ones that know what we have now can do, is possibly because you're back to almost basic detecting with the CoRe and Racer and one heck of an audio report in the machines now. If you add filters and bells and whistles and such it might not be as good as we would hope. I hope so myself to be killer. Basic detecting is where it's at, with so many coming off of major purchase totally adjustable filtered and preset for your detecting and comfort needs in a machine. And those machines are missing a lot of stuff we didn't know was there period. What do ya'll think? Almost basic detecting, ears and eyes vs a decked out with curb feelers and wide whitewall tires machine that is missing stuff the other mfgr are making............ Congrats to the Turkish machine graduatessmileys with beer, more WOW moments to come I'll guarantee you that.grinning smiley Like I said a while back, you don't know what you don't know. Ya didn't know that many targets were there till now.......We just didn't know.

Detectors used
Nokta FoRs CoRe, Makro R1, Makro R2X2, ETrac, 3030, Compadre, several others.
Obama put this country in the toilet, vote for Hilderbeast and she'll pull the handle

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/06/2015 01:58AM by Jack Flynn.
wjs
Re: Looking around seems the Turkish machines are producing a lot of WOW moments LOL....
July 06, 2015 01:20AM
I usually hunt trashy parks with a ton of pulltabs, bottlecaps, screwcaps, can slaw, etc. Not saying the racer don't do good there but it was not until I got into some bad ground and iron did I really see how good it is. I know there are still a bunch of masked targets at this site. I have found 2 gold rings and 3 silver and I know there are more. I will try to get some of the digs on video next time. I just did not feel like filming today.
Jack I say there will be more to come when folks can get out hard again. 3 more months till my better relic sites are huntable again.
I think it could be one of the best in the last ten years..leave it alone!!!! Anyone that has this machine needs to keep it as their main machine or a second one to see what your first one missed. Yeah they may come out with one with this and that for the people that want more but really get less.

Add more depth, add another freq maybe two that work togeather and seperate and then add updates and don't forget to add the update at least once a year. Hey maybe make it waterproof for rain hunting a couple of freq and iron vol and pounch the depth up a hair. Make that your next unit..you guys in Turkey have to think outside the box and don't let yourself get boxed in like the US compaines. And don't wait wait another seven years to add to your line and don't just make detectors so you have a lot of different ones to sell. The racer should be your intro machine and add the 5X10 and or the 5". Our choice to pick. I like the Deus and the Racer both are I think better then what the US has out now...at least in my crazy headspinning smiley sticking its tongue out

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
What a killer pro pak would be for the Core if they had an option to include a 5" x 10" coil instead of the 15" x 13".
The feeling I get, besides you and Lorenzo, is people think its alot of bang for the buck. Good solidachine. Maybe Im missing something, but I dont see that WOW. HOLY COW!! Like when the Sovereign or explorers first hit or the t2. Then again, I dont hit all the main forums. What am I missing?? Have not seen any report that makes me have to have one.
It is better then the T2 and can keep up with the Deus and then kick in on iron and wham. I'm hoping the new update for the deus will take that machine up a notch and then look out places I have hunted for the last ten years. I will take both out with me on my hunts

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

deathray Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The feeling I get, besides you and Lorenzo, is
> people think its alot of bang for the buck. Good
> solidachine. Maybe Im missing something, but I
> dont see that WOW. HOLY COW!! Like when the
> Sovereign or explorers first hit or the t2. Then
> again, I dont hit all the main forums. What am I
> missing?? Have not seen any report that makes me
> have to have one.

It's better than an Explorer in iron. It also cost $150 less for the machine and 3 coils than an Explorer with one coil So yes, it's a breakthrough. It's also lighter and better balanced than an Explorer.

What elso do you want?
Hi detectorist, I wasnt comparing the Racer to those detectors ,I meant the wow factor. When the Sov. And then explorer came out, the amount of silver being found left no doubt they where something special.
I think "best bang for the buck" is a misnomer for these machines. It's being used to try and make one feel better about the other machines they have that cost 2-3 times as much that are flagships that can't find the goods like these can. It takes a little while to realize, well it did for me, what is happening or rather what the heck just happened, how can this be here and not found? Whatever they did they did it right making these, once you let the machine teach you it'll blow your mind at what you've missed and a lot of it really shallow. I love my machines but will drop em like a cheating wife if I get another that will outperform it. Been hunting with a superb T2 detectorist for years. It'll smoke it like a boston butt on a July 4th.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/06/2015 03:02AM by Jack Flynn.
Never used a Racer so I can't comment on its ability. From what I have read it is a good machine for the dollars spent compared to others.

I'm waiting for the Notka version which I feel will have the right bells and whistles that the Racer needs.

Time will tell.

PacMan
deathray Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hi detectorist, I wasnt comparing the Racer to
> those detectors ,I meant the wow factor. When the
> Sov. And then explorer came out, the amount of
> silver being found left no doubt they where
> something special.

I guess it's all about marketing and who does the reviews.
Ok?? Guess Im not making sense, lol. Ill probably hunt with Lowboy in near future...if he smokes my Tejon, or my son with at pro/nel snake coil, I will snatch one , no brainer.
The Tejon is a great detector. I see the Core as a poor man's Deus.
Sounds about what I think from my perspective Dectectorist...but, thats without ever touching one, which means Im talking out my butt, lol.
Knowing your detector inside and outside is the real deal and akin to art of the science or is that science of the lost ark.. Since time immortal or is that time immemorial one new or old detector Company after another have been advertised as better but location is likely always the key factor. Every year a new car model comes out mostly with a few body design changes we still need gas and with detectors we ain't going far without location. my 2 cents 2 hot to hunt.

oj
Ok?? Guess Im not making sense, lol. Ill probably hunt with Lowboy in near future...if he smokes my Tejon, or my son with at pro/nel snake coil, I will snatch one , no brainer.

I have to take you and your son on to be the top dog well bring it on boys.

As far as more bells and whistles..you won't see me trade in the racer less they do something to pump it up more but not with more add ons it has to be a new machine that is the next step. I think the French and the Truks have what the American market lacks that is pushing the envlope to the next level and not just promoting a few changes and calling it a new machine. But it will be interesting to see if they fall pray to the mistakes some compaines in my opinion have made in the last few year...just my thougts..

LowBoy

[www.youtube.com]

I get a lot of good info on machines id likely not put the money out for since I just water hunt now. Wished one would see the advantage of a good water machine. Sure I could use one on the dry sand.... but ive got a Sov and it dont get used to often even. Last one I remember some one talking about salt water beach hunting he alledged 25 inches on a quarter in the wet sand. Ya right.