Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

First 2008 trip to iron pit with F-75

Posted by Indiana Heath 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
First 2008 trip to iron pit with F-75
April 02, 2008 09:59PM
Today was the first time I have been able to go detecting here since the winter waeather broke. Used the 75 at first with je mode, monotone, sens 99, discrim at 6. Constant barrage of repeatable signals, but all 8,9, 10...checked a couple and just got square nails. Switched to de mode with rest of settings the same and just got a couple of relic fragments. The sounds were much more broken up most of the time compared to the je mode. 1.5 hours of hunting did not get anything good. The ground is super saturated with moisture. I am probably getting this place thinned out of the easy good targets. Why was the je mode giving more solid signals the de mode? It bugs me that I don't know what is happening with the different settings... I am not versed on electronics, but do like to know why things happen the way they do. Someone was talking about a bluetooth yesterday...I said I dont have one, mine are white...I don't know a micro-chip from a potato chip, dont' know a floppy disc from a herniated disc,but I sure do like to metal detect.
Brad
Re: First 2008 trip to iron pit with F-75
April 02, 2008 11:21PM
In a very recent post (somewhere below) I answered this exacting question. 'JE' mode is completely different than all other modes.....INCLUDING Disc settings. You have just witnessed this! This mode is to NEVER be used in a mega-iron fleck/flake target-rich environment!

Tom
Re: First 2008 trip to iron pit with F-75
April 02, 2008 11:50PM
Heath check out the post on my Iron/falsing ,Tom spoke in detail about the JE mode..