Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

New Detector ....Looks like a wired DEUS....Made by DETEKNIX

Posted by Keith Southern 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
New Detector ....Looks like a wired DEUS....Made by DETEKNIX
July 19, 2015 09:21PM
Display sort of has a Racer look??

Made by DETEKNIX

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/19/2015 10:45PM by Keith Southern.
Re: New Detector ....Looks like a wired DEUS....
July 19, 2015 09:37PM
Has a good modular/narrow appearance---not boxy looking.
July 19, 2015 09:55PM
VERY interesting. It looks like the handle adjusts on the rod and the cuff is fixed. Apparently lightweight. Can't wait to see the real thing in action.

Edit-I took a look at the pic blown up and it looks like the cuff may be mounted to a shaft that slides. At first it looked like the handle had some sort of yellow locking buttons on the sides.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/19/2015 10:46PM by TabWhisperer.
July 19, 2015 10:23PM
It looks awesome! I hope it's $699? LOL. I wonder if "All Terrain" means waterproof? I had to go to Deteknix's web site to make sure it was real? It is.....

Kenny
[www.youtube.com]
July 19, 2015 10:23PM
Looks like a cell phone on a stick? I guess this is the wave of the future. I will stick with my heavy box detectors for as long as my shoulder let's Me. LOL!
July 19, 2015 10:30PM
The big boy Go Find?

Discrimination is the root of all evil.
July 19, 2015 10:37PM
I also noticed wireless headphones on the Deteknix site with both common plugs available on the adaptors. I don't see them for sale in the US.
July 19, 2015 10:45PM
Lets take a quick gander at it...

1-the box looks rubberized...Probably weather proof maybe splash proof..

2-The rod is full collapsable..square tube no wobble...No crooked coil.

3- Full featured display..see a mineral index pie chart,,, constant ground readout,,large I.D. ,,,Signal strength/running depth meter,,Backlight..Etc..

4- Wirelss headphones..

5- Wired coil YES!!!!..no need to add un-needed cost to a detector keep the coils at 150.00 or less..plus be able to wade...Im not a wireless coil fan..

6- good looking coil design..DD...

7-Looks lightweigth.. and looks 21st century..

Now if the unit performs like a world class unit in say the DEUS or others in terms of unmasking then the price should be reasonable by the looks of it...

We dont know what page this company is on but they look like they want to get serious..There seems to be technology in the design...

If they are after the Deus and Racer and DTVG F19 etc in unmasking then we the consumer will be the lucky one..

I hope it's a good un!

This is the problem other manufacturers face.. especially here in the States...if start up company's can build a unit from scratch thats looks that good and cutting edge and hopefully make it perform ...what's the hold up??

If that machine is a Good un and is affordable for the masses.. then Tesoro and Whites and such are in deep trouble in the engineering department...

cant wait to see the specs..I hope it BLENDS and I hope it BLEEDS!!!

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/19/2015 10:50PM by Keith Southern.
July 19, 2015 10:49PM
Looks cool. Shaft with camlocks like the deus and a display like a racer. My favorite thing about the Deus is the how easy it collapses to fit in my car. I never used a racer but the display always looks good to me.
July 19, 2015 10:50PM
Now compare this small unit to the MXT steel box and display or the MX5 for that matter. I wonder where the batteries go? In the handle?
July 19, 2015 10:54PM
TabWhisperer Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Now compare this small unit to the MXT steel box
> and display or the MX5 for that matter. I wonder
> where the batteries go? In the handle?

Ill bet it has a rechargeable pack like the DEUS module...probably a 3 volt set up..

Voltage is nothing no more for performance...

Keith

-Nikola Tesla
Re: New Detector ....Looks like a wired DEUS....Made by DETEKNIX
July 19, 2015 11:03PM
I agree, what's the hold up???

And not much metal in autos today vs in the past. Tin can looks needs to be in the rear view mirror!! Heavy coils too!!!! And 8AA batteries to run a VLF too !!!! Color screen just adds to price---I want a clear and easy to read screen in most lighting situations----so scrub the color.

Fully collapsible rod---definitely

I wonder, even with the design and engineering complete, how much time to produce a detector?????

Would be interesting to know, no doubt.

And get into the mindset, instead of making the electronics fit the box, make the box to fit the electronics!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/19/2015 11:12PM by tnsharpshooter.
July 19, 2015 11:06PM
TabWhisperer Wrote:
> Now compare this small unit to the MXT steel box
> and display or the MX5 for that matter. I wonder
> where the batteries go? In the handle?

Tab, a small correction on the MXT if you don't mind, the control housing of the MXT is aluminum sheeting not steel.
July 19, 2015 11:12PM
Hombre Wrote:
> TabWhisperer Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Now compare this small unit to the MXT steel
> box
> > and display or the MX5 for that matter. I
> wonder
> > where the batteries go? In the handle?
>
> Tab, a small correction on the MXT if you don't
> mind, the control housing of the MXT is aluminum
> sheeting not steel.

Do not mind in the least. Thanks!
July 19, 2015 11:38PM
Shenzhen Checkpoint Security Electronics Co., Limited
http://checkpoint-security.en.alibaba.com/productgrouplist-220054182/Xpointer_Pinpointer.html

It's all made in China

http://www.deteknix.com/company/

DeepTech Vista X with 3 search coils.
Works for me
July 20, 2015 12:00AM
I think the Company is in California Sven..

They may get the stuff made overseas??not sure probably do..

You know what's funny that pinpointer they make is the best one youll get your hands on for durability and performance is as good as any.....And its alot cheaper to buy..

its the only one Ive ever seen that does not false when pressured in a twist motion..

The stuff they make may be built overseas but Im sure its engineered in some other place..

I notice on the website they seem to have some new units coming...Gold units and dive units..

Ill give them the benefit of the doubt for now...

I see they push them heavy in Italy..

Heck Minelab is now assembled in Malaysia...LOL!!

Some of the old Los banos Fishers were assembled in Asia also..

Keith

-Nikola Tesla
July 20, 2015 12:32AM
Calif is an office, I already contacted the guys directly at the China factory for discounts on the pinpointer, maybe dealing them here in Canada.
There's no $20 deals, if you want dealer costs, you have to purchase in dealer quantities.
It's an up front company, they know what they have, they know what people will pay and want.
MAO QUAN DENG is the owner of Deteknix website, registered in China, same city as the factory.
Has multiple trademarks Xpointer, Deteknix, TACVU ....

When the Chinese can make a superb performing, quality detector and willing to sell it reasonably priced, look out.

Some of the detectors that come from China these days are eye openers. That's all I will say.

DeepTech Vista X with 3 search coils.
Works for me
July 20, 2015 12:53AM
I wouldn't buy a Chinese manufactured metal detector even if it was the best in the world, they probably stole the schematics from an American company! A bunch of computer hacking going on in that country and North Korea, they are not our friends. I like good old American made products, that caries over to my vehicles too, except my wife has a sooba roo...lol
July 20, 2015 01:00AM
Good solid confirmed info Sven..

Thanks for the Share!!

I dont care where its made as long as it fills a need and can do something better than what I may have and is a quality piece of gear..Or if its as good but way cheaper to buy...Money talks!

I am Intrigued by the unit for sure...a few runs with it and the DNA will show itself.

Keith

-Nikola Tesla
July 20, 2015 01:05AM
Interesting, though I loathe the v shaped arm cuff, looks alot like the fbs ones on the E-trac, Explorer, Safari etc...I had to get rid of mine on my E-trac I had and put a Herke on it. Interested to see this come to the market and see reviews.
July 20, 2015 01:18AM
How cool would it be if this was Whites new machine? Whites new design is painting their machines a different color. I guess that's better than a different decal?

Kenny
[www.youtube.com]
July 20, 2015 01:56AM
With the way the colored ID bar at the top, pie chart, calculator looking numbers, etc. Can't help but wonder if there's some OEM type supplying a parts for them and nokta/makro. I know Makro mentioned outsourcing a few things, like the company that made their coils with thin ears?

Happens alot w/fishing reels. Companies called Doyo and Banax make most reels. They make it to the spec requested. Alot of interchangeable parts, sometimes in competing brands. Often things are different but a general similar DNA is there if you look for it.
July 20, 2015 02:15AM
This global market and ultra fast shipping/transportation does muddy the waters for some of the older detector manufacturers. Not to mention many of these once third world countries happen to have some real educated folks (engineers) and such. Many of them got their schooling where??? Right here in the USA.

Older companies need to be thinking outside of their old box. Customer loyalty now even more important IMO. So sell someone a detector----better really satisfy them all around the edges----then they will buy again hopefully.

This the reason these so called smart rods, possible plug and play electronics-----anything to breed brand loyalty is worth trying.

This new coil coming for Xp Deus is a good example, and new version too.

Give folks a reason to stay a customer----but you have to make a very good product to begin with.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/20/2015 02:21AM by tnsharpshooter.
July 20, 2015 03:38AM
Sven1 Wrote:
> Shenzhen Checkpoint Security Electronics Co.,
> Limited
> [checkpoint-security.en.alibaba.com]
> rouplist-220054182/Xpointer_Pinpointer.html
>
> It's all made in China
>
> [www.deteknix.com]

isnt it wonderful?

$124.95 = Garrett Pro Pointer = One button On/Off No Adjustments =ongoing relibility issues
$89.95 = deteknix X-Pointer = Two Button Operation Various Adjustments = Does NOT False = Heaps of free accessories

where;s the problem?
July 20, 2015 04:46AM
Wheres this "ongoing reliability issues"?
July 20, 2015 04:48AM
I believe the photo is a computer model.

Bey
July 20, 2015 04:52AM
Keith Southern Wrote:
> Display sort of has a Racer look??
>
> Made by DETEKNIX
>
> [i957.photobucket.com]
> b5f277-4cda-43d9-82e8-73df7fb8e217_zps7s4amlnp.png
>
>
> Keith

where is this made? looks promising!..hope it isn't
a "bejing" special!

(h.h.!)
j.t.
July 20, 2015 04:58AM
Hombre Wrote:
> I wouldn't buy a Chinese manufactured metal
> detector even if it was the best in the world,
> they probably stole the schematics from an
> American company! A bunch of computer hacking
> going on in that country and North Korea, they are
> not our friends. I like good old American made
> products, that caries over to my vehicles too,
> except my wife has a sooba roo...lol

this is true! steal the gold in your teeth!..got the filipinos so scared,
they are letting us use "subic bay" again!..they pitched us in '92

(h.h.!)
j.t.
July 20, 2015 09:22AM
Quote:"Where's this (Propointer) "ongoing reliability issues"?"
Here's a few example threads on a UK forum:
[www.metaldetectingforum.co.uk]
July 20, 2015 12:24PM
Those look like old post, 2012-2014. So I assume not the new carrot. Love mine, zero problems.