Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Almost pulled the trigger on 100oz of silver from Apmex ....

Posted by Cal_cobra 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Almost pulled the trigger on 100oz of silver from Apmex ....
July 21, 2015 08:44PM
It's very tempting to start bulking up on some silver right now....but will it continue to drop?
Re: Almost pulled the trigger on 100oz of silver from Apmex ....
July 21, 2015 09:07PM
Could be silver's lows for the year could test levels not reached since 2009" at $12 per ounce.
I'm tempted to buy also.
July 21, 2015 09:55PM
Funny, was thinking same thing Brian. Hell, why not, it will go back up eventually.
July 21, 2015 11:23PM
Cal_cobra Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It's very tempting to start bulking up on some
> silver right now....but will it continue to drop?

seems like 25oz per month, same date for 4 months would be a good average to try....
July 21, 2015 11:43PM
Providentmetals.com.

Better prices on silver
July 22, 2015 12:18AM
Go for it, I buy a bit each month. Buying for the long term slash huge up spike.
Going back over the last 100 years, bull markets last about 17 years. We are in the 15th year of the precious metals bull market.
Bull markets end after a huge up move.This one will blow off to the upside like all the rest .
looking at the Gold/ silver bull market in the 70's, It also had a few year downward grind in the middle. where gold lost 50% of its up move ,
I believe it went up to $200 an oz from $35, , then cut back to $100, then blew off at the end with the price hitting $800 + at the end.
The fundamentals are right, as 24 countries worldwide are close to bankruptcy.
When the move starts, and Joe Average finally figures it out, gold and silver will be very scarce to buy.
Buy when they put it on sale!.
July 22, 2015 12:33AM
Do you have a limit in the US for buying silver, re when do you have to declare amount etc, I think Canada may be 10k but only a guess.
July 22, 2015 01:57AM
I've been buying silver coins over the last few months, if I stop buying it it will go up
July 22, 2015 02:44AM
Agree or disagree, heree is an interesting article, and comments below it.
[www.silverdoctors.com]
July 22, 2015 11:22AM
Im just dumb. I see the huge profit margin in gold, but silver not so much for me. Once you send it to say ARA .... who pays 90%, by time you ship it and take a 10% loose you have to have a lott or its pretty well money you can find on a beach for profit. Obviously im exagerating but you get what i mean when compared to gold.... which by the way ARA pays 98% on..... a gain of 8% right off the bat. Ive got a brother in law who has a safe full of silver....... couldnt get him to sell it when it was $35 an ounce. Sooooo are we hoarding/collecting because we like looking at it or really going to sell? I tell you as a beach hunter.......... its hard to let go of finds and heck its already almost 100% profit as a found target. everyone has their magic number in the stock market...... whats yours in a percentage increase on silver before youd let it go?

Dew
July 22, 2015 12:58PM
Just to play Devils Advocate, you should also ask what's you 'magic number' the price would have to fall to before you sold.
July 22, 2015 01:24PM
Im not selling below 40. If you understand what is happening in the world, you know its going to go back up......big time.
July 22, 2015 02:11PM
Exactly my point.... some like to collect. $1087.... and dropping.... be interesting to see what going to happen like you said with the world upside down.
July 22, 2015 02:29PM
If you got the investment bucks go for it...Same for land but it make take years...always remember get a lot while your young joke....
July 24, 2015 11:09PM
I wonder if it's better to buy 1oz Silver Eagles vs 1oz silver bars (or 1oz silver rounds for that matter)?

Silver rounds seem to be the cheapest.
July 25, 2015 01:45AM
I bought some of these....[www.jmbullion.com] Got some .308 and .50's. Next is a few 30mm's smoking smiley The prices haven't adjusted down with the spot price though. I of course bought them when the price of silver was higher LOL

Kenny
July 25, 2015 02:46AM
Cal, the mint suspended making more eagles as they ran out of silver. They are scheduled to start up again in August. You usually pay $3 to $4 over spot for eagles. They seem to have higher demand for silver enthusiasts, as they are beautiful. They also tend to sell at a higher premium in a few years, as they are dated. If you look at the prices of silver eagles that are 5-20 years old, you pay a much higher premium. The last batch Of silver I purchased was 1 oz bars, as they are about $1.50 over spot. The premiums on eagles are just a bit higher than I want to pay. Now I just read tonite, that the sunshine mine is suspending all sales of bars and rounds. There is a shortage developing at the whole sale level in silver. If the markets, were driven by supply/ demand, the prices would be going up, instead of down. The Central bankers are giving us buyers a gift by holding the price down for us. I think the price does go up from here though.
July 25, 2015 06:12AM
Some interesting reading on silver

[www.silvercoins.com]
July 25, 2015 11:07AM
In this case im not sure thats true. Just like the housing market with bank forclosures....... they stopped selling when prices got bad. There may or may NOT be a shortage. They may just not be willing to sell at this price. Give the public what ever reason ....... let it bottom out and the demand go up before releasing more moving the market up faster. I mean if i had a million dollars worth of silver as a dealer............ id sure be hesitant to sell it all at this price. They like a little more flexibility to make money not give it away in a panic.

Dew
July 25, 2015 01:25PM
I wish I had the money to buy gold, but buying a couple of silver coins every weekend and putting them into your coin books is fun and they add up after awhile, when I find gold and silver while detecting, it's just a bonus, it just stinks when the wife and kid takes the rings and jewelry, but they don't sell it so I still have it sort of, yeah right smiling smiley
July 25, 2015 07:52PM
dewcon, you are correct, there is a shortage of available silver at these prices. Higher prices will cure the shortage.I checked a few suppliers this am, and they have little silver for sale at these prices. I did find some bars at apmex, and they doubled the premium on what I paid a few days ago. But in the big picture, whats an additional $1.50 an oz? Keep Stackin.smiling smiley
July 25, 2015 09:38PM
But there is a fine line with silver between being an investor or collectable. My brother in law has bags of old silver coins I couldnt get him to sell when it was over $30. Old silver coins seems to be treasure.
July 26, 2015 12:12AM
I always wondered about the big sell off in the 80 of silver, I know tons pf people that sold there old coins for melt valve at around 40 bucks, with all those coins melted, why didn't the value of coins collecting go up, I have ask coin place this and they don't know
July 27, 2015 07:53PM
Thanks for all the discussion, I ended up going with silver eagles and a mix of 1oz bars. Checking fleabay I can see that the silver eagles command a premium, so they should be easy to sell if need be.
July 30, 2015 06:16PM
I saw this on Franklin Sanders blog yesterday, and thought it might be of interest:
"AN UNUSUAL OPPORTUNITY. The wholesale buy side premium on US 90% silver coin has risen so high that you can swap US 90% silver coin for 100 ounce silver bars and realize an 11% to 12.2% gain in silver ounces."
I hope this small quote won't upset anyone....
July 31, 2015 12:15AM
[www.silverseek.com]

Demand for silver up big over the last few years, and price drops. Just proves the big boys are manipulating the price in the paper markets.
At some point the supply dries up.