Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Two tone or Three tone?

Posted by Lawrenzo 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Two tone or Three tone?
July 22, 2015 03:30PM
I have read so much on the racer and the deus that hunters like three tones more then two tones...they say they can hear more info...for me I use two tones and can hear just as much and find more. That is how my brain works and hearing works...but so many say it's all about the info they hear. I have to say that I want to hunt most targets that have a tone clean or dirty. I have one new area that is part of an old area and I dig just about any tone and my finds have gone way up.

I guess I live by the saying if you dig everything you will be more tired and come home with a lot of trash but you will also find more relics...at least that works for me. And when hunting a civil war battle area last winter in South Carolina I was told by some civil war hunters to dig all iron hits..This is where some of the coolest finds were dug up. We don't do that here in the gold country as much but when I did do that I found a old rusty lock and and old rusty gun.

So for me I love two tone and when I get a target I switch from two tone to three tone to hear what it sounds like but it is not an eye opener for me. And I don't hear enough of a difference to say "wow I'm hearing more info with three tone..same goes for the deus. I don't mind digging the junk and getting it out of the way and help moving some of the masking out of the area that I hunt in... Just my thoughts.

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
Re: Two tone or Three tone?
July 22, 2015 09:19PM
Really it depends on your intent and what works for you when detecting. Three tone conveys more information simply by virtue of alerting the operator to three different conductivity factors vs two. If, for example, I'm coin hunting, I'm mainly looking for higher conductivity targets, and if I'm using two tone mode, I have to be glued to the meter for any signal above iron, I'd rather be paying attention to my coil overlap then watching the meter. For me, that's unnecessary work, and as monotonous sounding as two tone is, it equates to boredom. When deep coin hunting in three tone mode, the high tones (which oddly even nickles get up-averaged too when deep) grab your attention for further analysis.

To quote Tom's report on the CZ-70, the extra tone "dramatically reduces analyzation time by reducing the operators workload. The requirement for the operator to listen to the audio responses AND look at the meter to see what the detector is indicating is reduced to mostly just listening to the audio responses." I believe the same could be said for using 3-tone over 2-tone audio.

If two tone is working for you, then rock on.....for me, I much prefer the 3 tone audio >grinning smiley<
July 22, 2015 09:29PM
I was going to head up my own thread until I saw this - I am a firm two tone hunter and love it however after reading a few of tnss & JF's posts I thought I would give the three tone a go and I am so glad I did - It certainly pings out the goodies in trash & that was using the stock coil - I was absolutely satisfied on two tone, however I can see why there is a lot of excitement about using these Turkish detectors in high trash & on 3 tone ..........
July 22, 2015 10:30PM
When coin shooting an old "hunted out" spot, I comparatively tested both 2-tone and 3-tone on the same targets and at least when looking for higher conductors, 3-tone conveyed an audio alert that 2-tone just didn't have. Now I didn't see any signals that I got with 3-tone that 2-tone could see or vice versa, but 3-tone's blendy/blippey hi-tone audio response really manages to eek out good targets in the junk with an investigative alert that I don't get in 2-tone mode.
July 22, 2015 10:34PM
I never take the DEUS off 2 tone..but I do take the Racer off 2 tone and use 3 tone at times in 1880's tin sites..

The Racer is unique in its 3 tone mode for CERTAIN SITES ....

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
July 22, 2015 11:30PM
If I'm relic hunting the racer stays in 2 tone, I love it. On modern sites where I'm cherry picking coins I use D3, but don't like the mid tone. I basically have to disc out iron because the low and mid are so close to my ear. Normally I like to hear iron but can miss low conductors in D3 if I'm not real careful.
July 24, 2015 01:43AM
On the deus for me it's all about the full tones. Once you get used to it you never go back. It's crazy what full tones let you hear in heavy iron nail sites. 0 disc, full tones, react 3 silencer -1 and prepare for craziness lol but sure finds the good stuff
July 24, 2015 02:08AM
Welgund Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> On the deus for me it's all about the full tones.
> Once you get used to it you never go back. It's
> crazy what full tones let you hear in heavy iron
> nail sites. 0 disc, full tones, react 3 silencer
> -1 and prepare for craziness lol but sure finds
> the good stuff

SHHHHHH Dont tell it all winking smiley

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/24/2015 02:08AM by Keith Southern.
July 24, 2015 02:59AM
Welgund Wrote:
> On the deus for me it's all about the full tones.
> Once you get used to it you never go back. It's
> crazy what full tones let you hear in heavy iron
> nail sites. 0 disc, full tones, react 3 silencer
> -1 and prepare for craziness lol but sure finds
> the good stuff

Thats what I was using! Awesome! The Deus is only detector I regret selling. Friggin stupid!! I will have another in near future,my sites arent going anywhere!!
July 24, 2015 04:12AM
Lol I'm sorry keith. I'll keep my mouth shut. Nothing to see here folks move along!
July 24, 2015 02:51PM
Indeed a lot has to do what your looking for and personal preferences...That's why I like my F5 as it gives me 4 choices rel tones...
July 25, 2015 06:03AM
Welgund Wrote:
> Lol I'm sorry keith. I'll keep my mouth shut.
> Nothing to see here folks move along!

Hahaha - I will have to keep my eye on you sir - you give away trade secrets LMAO