Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

2 tone analog

Posted by Bflo 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
2 tone analog
July 22, 2015 07:14PM
Does anybody make a 2 tone analog? Similar to a tdi's low/ high tone. Do any of the tesoros have 2 tone? Doesn't have to be a machine still being produced could be a blast from the past.
Brian
Re: 2 tone analog
July 22, 2015 08:22PM
Fisher Gold Strike
July 22, 2015 08:31PM
In my opinion, one of the best 2 tone detectors out there is the Deeptech Vista Gold if you are relic hunting. The discrimination only goes up to about aluminum foil, but has a blendy tone that knocks out nails and iron well if you want it to do that. Not necessarily a yard or park hunter, and oh yes, it's also deep!!...John
July 22, 2015 08:54PM
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Tesoro Golden Sabre II. Neither go deep.

GoldStrike has a two tone audio....but it is only metal/non-metal. Not analog either.

HH
Mike
July 22, 2015 10:44PM
If you handed me a modified Classic with two tone I'd quit my job. And it's not a bad job.
July 22, 2015 11:01PM
Youll love a nautilus if you like the low/high tone with partial all metal feel..

the TDI your using as an example is not a disc circuit its a all metla mode with tone ability due to ground bal..

but to get that feel in a VLF Disc alot of units have low high tone...analog and digital..DTVG is more analog than any made today...

yet I feel your after the all metal feel..more than the discrimination mode tones... am I right...

another thing you may like is a 705 in prospecting mode.. its all metla with a tone added for iron if its close enough to the coil and also the AT GOLD it has a tone added to all metal for the clsoer iron to go low tone.....

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
July 22, 2015 11:03PM
My Tesoro Pantera, it has adjustable tone break,10 turn GB and goes deep in disc. and all-metal mode. thumbs down

The bad part is they were only produced for a short time, 1990 to '91, therefore they are rare and all were not created equal (hot& medium)
July 22, 2015 11:17PM
I know a local huner who has 8 pantera's..

I used to like Pantera back in the day ..But got attached to the bandito shortly after..3 pounds of dynamite they called it back then I believe.. and they werent lying the bandido killed it in iron..till this day no ther machine has prodcued the amounts of buttons in iron the Banditos did for me...in the early 90s in about 4 years I netted over 300 Civil war buttons Confederate and Yankee out of iron sites ...

Even now I can tell if a site has been hunted by a tesoro with 120 disc or a Fisher or Whites by the finds I make... the 120 disc (banditos especially) Tesoros destroyed the iron sites 25 years ago...

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
July 23, 2015 12:09AM
No-one's mentioned the XP GoldMaxPower, which can do 2-tone or 3-tone. It may not qualify as analogue enough, as it does have micro brains inside.
July 23, 2015 12:11AM
Keith
I like all metal but I typically run in very low disc mode. So I got the x5 and am really liking it and it does do good on coins and seperates targets pretty dang good. So heres how I've been using the x5 in parks 3 to 4 disc high sens. And checking targets with the nickel/ penny check and sometimes turning disc up until signal breaks. So if the low conductive nickels and tabs etc coiuld have a low tone I would be in detecting heaven. Deep fast and simple with no screen to look at. I feel like the chains have been lifted. If something rings a bell for the above let me know and I m going to start looking.
Keith did I read you right? Your friend has 8 Pantera's?
July 23, 2015 12:34AM
I thought I had a lot of old Tesoros, lucked many years ago and found one hot Pantera at an affordable price.

He must be trying to corner the used classic market. Question, if you don't mind....do they all (8) run good?
July 23, 2015 12:36AM
Yes I pretty much require 2 tones..

I want to hear what im rejecting more than what im accepting..

you cant hunt intelligently if your going in BLIND...

Also on the X5 the last time I talked to Troy.. About 6 months ago or so he said IF he had built another machine the only way he Knew to make it better than the X5 was to add tones and Mixed mode ...Im keep thinking if he had of done it we might could of had a Lightweigth Nautilus more or less on our hands that could handle bad dirt...
Oh Well!!

Keith

-Nikola Tesla

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/23/2015 02:36AM by Keith Southern.
Re: Keith did I read you right? Your friend has 8 Pantera's?
July 23, 2015 12:43AM
Yes thats all he will use I dont Know if they are all good ones or not..I have not seen him in years..but Ill bet he still has them...

He bought them up over the years...He lucked up with the Pantera in a site in about 90 or 91 and got about $60,000.00 dollars worth of Reb buttons with one and he fell in love with them ..So he bought them up ..I think he bought like 4 new ones then..Scared they would quit making them.. and they did LOL..

One quick story about tesoro's...

Another buddy of mine was hunting a a yard once in Athens GA.he hunted it hard with a Sovereign.1995 or so I guess..And thought he cleaned it out ...then rode back up one day for another hunt with the Bandido 2 umax...well right dead center of the front yard he finds a Franklin College button...pre civil war vintage with extremely rare only one Known backmark...

As he was digging it he saw a Coat hanger around it on top of the ground just under the soil a bit...the Sovereign had nulled the coat hanger and missed the Button...

the bandido jumped all over it....that button in 95 was worth $20,000.00 to a local high end Ga collector...how Do I know ..My buddy turned the collector down when he offered him 20K for it...

Keith

Hombre Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I thought I had a lot of old Tesoros, lucked many
> years ago and found one hot Pantera at an
> affordable price.
>
> He must be trying to corner the used classic
> market. Question, if you don't mind....do they all
> (8) run good?

-Nikola Tesla

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/23/2015 01:16AM by Keith Southern.
July 23, 2015 12:58AM
Wow! Amazing story!
July 23, 2015 02:28AM
Keith, you got me thinking; wouldn't it be cool if Troy would retrofit an X5 with tones, maybe mod the target check switch to set the break on three tones.....
July 23, 2015 03:02AM
PANTERA!!!!Greatest band ever.
July 23, 2015 03:40AM
Ditto on pantera. Shame what happened to dimebag it would be awesome if the x5 could be modded anybody know if it can?
July 23, 2015 03:49AM
Cemetery Gates
Cowboys from Hell
my faves
July 23, 2015 04:00AM
deathray Wrote:
> PANTERA!!!!Greatest band ever.

I liked Glenn Miller myself. smiling smiley
July 23, 2015 03:24PM
The Golden Sabre II uses the Pantera board. You can add a manual ground balance and create your own Pantera. Requires a 100K ohm pot.

HH
Mike
July 25, 2015 10:55PM
Doesn't the Tesoro Euro Sabre have a two tone mode? If I remember right it has an iron low tone and you can switch it on and off.

[www.tesoro.com]
July 26, 2015 02:39AM
thumperjones Wrote:
> Doesn't the Tesoro Euro Sabre have a two tone
> mode? If I remember right it has an iron low tone
> and you can switch it on and off.
>
> [www.tesoro.com]
> bre/

I had a Euro Saber for awhile, never cared for it's 2 tone Iron Audio, the break point could be set in the lower disc. range which happens to be a ED-180 disc circuit that accepts all metal including iron. It would 'high' tone on deep small iron, maybe it wasn't set right or it just did not work that well for me. With the iron audio turned off it basically had the microMAX Eldorado ED-180 disc. circuit which runs kinda noisy in the iron nails.

..My favorite is the ED-120 disc.circuit Pantera for a 2 tone 'notch' motion discriminator. When tuned right with a neutral ground balance and set at Min. disc....it would be discriminating a small iron nail. It has a notch feature that is a 3 position toggle switch to either "accept" or "reject" or just be turned "off". I run mine turned "off" and adjust the double stacked notch/disc.control to tone break at any point in the spectrum of conductivity.
July 27, 2015 03:10AM
Thanks for the firsthand info on the Euro Sabre. I never seen one, just read about em online. Hate to hear it didn't work as good as I expected.

Im not familiar with the Pantera, but it sounds pretty interesting. Im gonna have to do some googling on that one.
December 09, 2015 01:13AM
Mike Hillis Wrote:
> The Golden Sabre II uses the Pantera board. You
> can add a manual ground balance and create your
> own Pantera. Requires a 100K ohm pot.
>
> HH ko
> Mike

Hello Mike
Got a ? For you,how do you open up a golden Sabre II.
I removed the two screws and it allows slight movement but am I supposed to remove the nobs
and nuts that hold the pots to the face plate?
Anybody know,I bought a sweet 100k ten turn pot and want to mod it.
Probably let a Electronics tech do the soldiering.
Bought a golden Sabre II off eBay,works great for $87.50
I was the only bidder.

------------"Cz's still bad to the bone".------------
Living on a big ass Astroid.
The woman that got my rib,I want it back.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/09/2015 01:20AM by supertraq.
December 09, 2015 02:43PM
Hi Supertraq,

Yes, you remove the two screws holding the belt plate on the back. Then the whole face and board will slide right out the front. Might have to push the coil connector in a to it started.

I would go ahead and take out the battery holders before you do just to give some extra slack on the wires.

Once you get the board out, you will want to disconect the power. Thats the big connector you see. You have to get the tabs pushed in to pull the two apart. Not that easy to do.

You kind of smile when you see Pantera on the circuit board.

Good Luck!

HH
Mike
December 09, 2015 04:04PM
Thanks Mike,very good instructions.
I'm gonna have a Pantera soon.lol

------------"Cz's still bad to the bone".------------
Living on a big ass Astroid.
The woman that got my rib,I want it back.
December 09, 2015 04:16PM
I loved the Euro Sabre..

One of Tesoros Best tone unit's..

Deep too..

it was built off the eldorado Umax circuit but the disc circuit in the nail range worked a whole lot better when tones were activated...

Keith

-Nikola Tesla