Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Ctx waterproof headphones

Posted by Sand dog 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Ctx waterproof headphones
July 23, 2015 11:21AM
I got a pair of the GG underwater headphones for my ctx and the volume is low even though machine is maxed out. And the phones don't keep out the outside noise enough. Does anyone know of louder waterproof phones for the ctx? Hey skiwiz could you make a set of waterproof phones that address these problems for the ctx?

John
Re: Ctx waterproof headphones
July 23, 2015 12:02PM
Hey John,
The gg amphibians work much better. They have a single volume control. If you know how to solder you can buy a ctx waterproof end and replace the atpro end that comes on them. They sound way better than the ones made for the ctx. That would be the easiest route. A gentleman by the name of Joe(oldbeechnut on most forums) makes a nice set for the ctx also. As for me, I built my own set because I wanted dual volume controls(my hearing is worse in one ear), a mute switch, and a removeable/replaceable cord but I am not looking to build anymore at the moment. I see you asked skiwhiz also, and maybe he would be interested. There is definately alot more time/thought/money required when building a set of waterproof hps.

Sand dog Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I got a pair of the GG underwater headphones for
> my ctx and the volume is low even though machine
> is maxed out. And the phones don't keep out the
> outside noise enough. Does anyone know of louder
> waterproof phones for the ctx? Hey skiwiz could
> you make a set of waterproof phones that address
> these problems for the ctx?
>
> John

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/23/2015 03:48PM by bigboar.
July 23, 2015 03:41PM
I had OBN make me a pair of Amphibians for my CTX when I had it. The same thing. Low volume. Even with the dial on 10 the volume was low. He does have a youtube video describing how to take the transformer out of the earcup in a pair of GG underwaters to make the volume louder. But that might just be for the Excal. I would check with him to see if the mod would work for the CTX before I try anything.
July 24, 2015 01:09PM
Thanks for the info I appreciate it. OBN said he won't have any till January so I'll have to make do till then.

John
July 25, 2015 07:03AM
I was going to chop off the end of the GG Amphibians but not sure I can do it correctly and if afterwards the Amphibians aren't going to be much louder than the GG Underwaters that I already have. Not sure why GG can't get their act together and add the correct end for the CTX as an option?
July 25, 2015 10:47AM
Johnnyanglo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I was going to chop off the end of the GG
> Amphibians but not sure I can do it correctly and
> if afterwards the Amphibians aren't going to be
> much louder than the GG Underwaters that I already
> have. Not sure why GG can't get their act together
> and add the correct end for the CTX as an option?

My amphibians were much louder than the set of ctx specific ones I had. Also, you can buy a female ctx connector and leave a few inches of cord attached when you cut off the atpro connector and install the female on that end. If you have an atpro then you have one set of waterproof hps for both machines.
July 25, 2015 10:58AM
It may be ML doing the controling not GG. They may only authorize Gary to do the GGU for the CTX. I say this because the GGU i think are $175 while the GGA are $150 made for the Garrett. The GGA are louder than the GGU and they have a volume knob so you dont have to turn it down on the machine. I did a pair of phones that i could use on my Xcal........but wanted them so i could use them on a CTX if i ever got one. I found out there is a 3rd wire required to be soldered for them to work on the CTX..... only two needed for the Xcal. Wierd thing is the connector is 6 pin and the 2 or 3 wires you need to solder are right beside each other..... dumb. Simple enough to do.... you just need patience and cant get sloppy with the solder.