Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Troy shadow campaign

Posted by Bflo 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Troy shadow campaign
July 23, 2015 10:41PM
Let's start a campaign and see if we can get MR. Troy to design a new detector. If you'd like to see it add your name and maybe someone who knows or has contact with him can show the list to him.

Brian
Re: Troy shadow campaign
July 23, 2015 11:26PM
Cough up a million dollars to fund the project.
Keith mentioned he talks to Troy.

DeepTech Vista X with 3 search coils.
Works for me
July 24, 2015 12:23AM
I always wondered about the evolution of the various Troy models. I've never used one. I think I've read that there were relationships with Tesoro and Fisher for coil production. Then maybe a couple of models were based on Tesoro machines and some were completely original. They resemble Tesoro machines. Does anyone know the facts?
July 24, 2015 01:07AM
Troy X2 and X3 were designed by Troy and manufactured by Tesoro for him. The X5 was Manufactured by Fisher for Troy and built to his specs. or design.
July 24, 2015 01:15AM
X2 is a Tesoro Silver Sabre Umax with coin check
X3 and X5 are built by Fisher to Troys Specs

DeepTech Vista X with 3 search coils.
Works for me
July 24, 2015 01:34AM
I heard he had another machine ready to roll out and it didn't happen for whatever reason.

Have him sign up here and see what kind of support he gets:

[www.kickstarter.com]
July 24, 2015 02:18AM
I cant fully remember but I think that maybe Troy Galloway was the one who developed the Low Noise High Gain for the micro circuit.(((Remember the first micro Circuit was the sidewinder but was not a high gain circuit))) . I think thats how he got envolved with tesoro then they had the falling out after they built a X2 for him to distribute under his company..

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/24/2015 05:06AM by Keith Southern.
July 24, 2015 02:27PM
Tough for the little guy to make it without backing. Only way its going to happen if he makes a unit for a specific company as an employee....Indeed Troy had some good ideas and a new unit from him would be welcomed...I believe he worked for Tesoro before he went out on his own...
July 24, 2015 03:19PM
Troy had a lot of good ideas for detectors but he also burned a lot of bridges that can't be rebuilt. In such a small community of detector manufacturers, that was a death kneel. I have talked with him in email and on the phone. He seemed to like to blame others for his troubles a little too much for my liking. There's a saying that goes:

If you run into an a-hole during the day, then you just ran into an a-hole.

If you run into a-holes all day long every day, then YOUR the a-hole. Haha
July 24, 2015 05:14PM
Bflo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Let's start a campaign and see if we can get MR.
> Troy to design a new detector. If you'd like to
> see it add your name and maybe someone who knows
> or has contact with him can show the list to him.
>
>
> Brian

Your idea is extremely do-able with these crowdfunding sites. Perhaps Keith can contact Troy and if he wants he could set an amount of money that needs to be raised and if the project is funded he gets the money, if not it goes back to the people. (Or you can be more flexible here.)

Some great and innovative products come out through crowdfunding. Look into:
[www.indiegogo.com]
[www.kickstarter.com]
etc.
July 24, 2015 05:41PM
I like that ise of fundme...all I see on facebook, is lazy people begging for money for a vacation, or a car, pisses me off. Ok, sorry to stray/vent,lol.
July 24, 2015 09:42PM
I think you're completely wrong. 100% wrong, as a matter of fact.

Daniel Tn Wrote:
> Troy had a lot of good ideas for detectors but he
> also burned a lot of bridges that can't be
> rebuilt. In such a small community of detector
> manufacturers, that was a death kneel. I have
> talked with him in email and on the phone. He
> seemed to like to blame others for his troubles a
> little too much for my liking. There's a saying
> that goes:
>
> If you run into an a-hole during the day, then you
> just ran into an a-hole.
>
> If you run into a-holes all day long every day,
> then YOUR the a-hole. Haha
July 24, 2015 09:46PM
I doubt it would be feasible for him to produce a new detector. it would be hard to beat the economics of the Racer/Nokta and still be profitable.
July 24, 2015 10:18PM
Detectorist Wrote:
> I doubt it would be feasible for him to produce a
> new detector. it would be hard to beat the
> economics of the Racer/Nokta and still be
> profitable.

Fair point but quite often we pay a premium for quality, design, etc.
I think of good instruments in this way. Guess it is true of detectors as well. You can get an Omega 8000 for 500 or so bucks (?) or a Minelab CTX for 2000. Is the Minelab 4 times as good?
Well, I've had both and would say definitely not, perhaps maybe 25% or more better, with more features. But people will pay for those extra features, performance benefits, water proofing, name, etc.

I think a semi "throwback" detector by someone like Troy, might actually succeed. To do so though, might really require the cooperation of Fisher, etc. But who knows, you can assemble
things pretty cheap overseas, and wouldn't be shocked if he did it mostly on his own.

Here is hoping anyway...
July 24, 2015 10:22PM
So should companies just stop making new detectors, the racer is the cure All? Surely that is not what your saying. I'm kidding with you, the racer might be a nice machine but it really doesn't spark an interest with me.
July 24, 2015 10:29PM
I used the Racer as an example of a good foreign made detector. The market is crowded with great detectors under $1,000.
July 25, 2015 12:50AM
All I usually here about is how the little Chinaman gets on plane and flys to America - Buys detector and flys bach to China to copy & mass produce detector -

How about American jumps on a plane with detector - Fly to Chinese manufacturing plant & get them to manufacture - FT do it because its cheaper to manufacture offshore than to use US manufacturers - Surely IMO that would be Mr Troys best option if there are no more bridges to burn in the USA -

Just a thought
July 25, 2015 03:10AM
I hate rustics idea. Thats what has went wrong in America in the first place.
If Makro was the end all, then nobody would buy a Deus, ctx , gpx, etc. If Troy came up with a good solid, American built detector for $1200 or less, it would sell.
July 25, 2015 05:57AM
I could'nt agree more with you deathray - However even some of the metal detectors manufactured in the USA have that Chinese made feel about them - Everyone worldwide knows the USA used to make things tough and made to last however things have certainly changed over the years as we have seen endless corporations heading off to China to get their Big Brand name products made - It stands to reason that that would be a good place to start if you are looking at getting a product made - Then simply let your marketing create the illusion it was made somewhere else - lol
July 25, 2015 11:31AM
For decades.......... folks have asked for 'lightweight' detectors. The direct/inevitable side effect is: they feel cheap ( "Chinese feel" ). What do you want?
July 25, 2015 01:56PM
To a degree you are correct but radio shack makeup is another aspect. Heck my F-5 is light and well made to name one unit while the omega 800 is light but that's where it ends...
July 25, 2015 02:57PM
I think balance is more important than weight.
July 25, 2015 09:46PM
NASA-Tom Wrote:
> For decades.......... folks have asked for
> 'lightweight' detectors. The direct/inevitable
> side effect is: they feel cheap ( "Chinese feel"
> ). What do you want?

With Respect Sir -

There is certainly an obvious difference between looking and feeling cheap and a quality product - You in particular should know this

You only have to compare FT detectors with those coming out of Turkey to see the clear difference in design & build quality -

What do I want? = A quality product at a fair price backed up with worldwide support........

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/26/2015 12:08AM by rustic charm.
July 25, 2015 09:55PM
deathray Wrote:
> I think balance is more important than weight.

I couldnt agree more - The Fors CoRe is a good example
July 26, 2015 12:21PM
((( There's some truth here! )))

Edited 0 times.
July 26, 2015 12:59PM
I think most of us here are open minded and would support anyone trying to bring us a new metal detector. The question is, does Troy want to get back in the business? If not, then whats the point.
July 26, 2015 01:30PM
That would be awesome if He could come out with a Troy X-5 with some sort of Tone I.D. as it already has awesome Modulated audio. He seem's to be able to make a light weight Detector that still felt sturdy and not cheap and plastic. He used all top shelf material that is one reason they were priced like they were.
July 26, 2015 08:20PM
Yep, the Troy X-5 was super deep, great iron discrimination, and very lightweight. I wonder if he could sell the design to Nokta and they might add tone i.d. that's it. Nothing else would be needed.

Folks are inpressed when they can air test a quarter or a nickel at 13" with an 11" or 12" coil. The X5 did 15" with the 9" coil. This was consistent. If an X5 didn't do it, something was wrong. No need to cherry pick this model or that model. They all did it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/26/2015 08:30PM by Detectorist.