Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

My new beach CZ-3d

Posted by reidman 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
My new beach CZ-3d
August 12, 2015 10:59PM
Built a waterproof case and new shaft for my new CZ-3D this is the best beach detector I have ever used. Works perfect in the salt water and black sand does not false at all and no bobby pins.
[s288.photobucket.com]
[s288.photobucket.com]
[s288.photobucket.com]
[s288.photobucket.com]
[s288.photobucket.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/12/2015 11:08PM by reidman.
Re: My new beach CZ-3d
August 12, 2015 11:29PM
Sweet!
August 13, 2015 12:21AM
I tried to put a Sovereign in a waterproof bag one time. It never made it to the actual use stage. It leaked during testing. Good luck to you. Hope you enjoy water hunting.
August 13, 2015 05:27AM
reidman wanna sell your old CZ-3D upper stem if your not using it? My son's CZ-3D upper stem got crushed sad smiley
Seems he had it in the back of a cargo van and it slid backward. He then proceeded to drop a loaded pallet on the stem and crushed it.
He delivers pallets of product and when he travels stops at interesting places to detect like old deserted farm houses/churches/schools/ghost towns/etc.
He's found a lot of neat stuff but now his detector is trashed because of the upper stem. LMK.

P. S. Nice setup you have there! I've had an Anderson carbon fiber straight shaft on my chest mounted CZ-3D for about 3 years now.
Balances better than the factory s-shaft... love that straight shaft!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/13/2015 05:37AM by Lipservice.
August 13, 2015 09:27AM
I was wondering where my coffee canister had disappeared to!!! Lol. Good luck with the mod, good looking job.
August 13, 2015 03:14PM
Always said some of our people made the best mods and this one seems great...
PS: too bad they didn't make the CZ3D like the older CZ6A which is water and splash resistant....
August 13, 2015 03:25PM
Nice work

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
Sorry if I ever sold detector I would put it back on.
August 14, 2015 05:55PM
Cant do it
August 14, 2015 06:03PM
You know taking the 3D apart it looks real water resistant on its own, the battery has a seal on door, speaker opening is sealed around it, front slides into recessed groove really no openings
for water maybe around knobs and meter but I think it would survive rain without an issue. I rtv-ed my speaker opening up and the coil connector and around the front case to make it more resistant
and in the case it works great. Detector is so quite I have to slide scoop in from of coil every now and then to make sure its still on. I scooped up a tiny little ear-ring yesterday that im not sure how it even
picked it up took forever to find because it kept falling out of scoop holes, I usually use a floating sifter but this area I couldn't use it. What a great water machine this is.
And the 4 tone is a plus over the CZ-21 3 tone. Not sure why more people don't convert these to water machines. Reid

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/19/2015 09:45PM by reidman.