Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

CZ-5 problem?

Posted by Whimpster 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
CZ-5 problem?
August 28, 2015 12:04AM
I've got a CZ-5 that has been working great,but recently I've noticed that when I adjust the volume control it seems to cut out the power to the detector.
If I wiggle the volume back and forth the detector fires back up and works well until I try to adjust the volume control again.
I'm wondering how to remove the control nobs...thinking maybe try some switch cleaner on the volume control....
But I'm not sure how the nobs are removed...looks like an Allan key but I don't seem to have one that fits?
Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers Bob.
Re: CZ-5 problem?
August 28, 2015 01:03AM
Bob......... what you are trying to achieve is 'internal'...... and removing the knob will achieve nothing. Sounds like you need a new on/off/volume switch (pot).
August 28, 2015 03:24PM
An allen wrench to fit the knobs can be had at any hardware store just take your detector to make sure you get the right one as they are really small....Unfortunately as Tom says appears to be a internal problem and will have to be sent to Fisher as one of these times its not going to work at all...
August 28, 2015 03:44PM
If Tom has time maybe you can send it to him and he can fix it and turn it up for you.
August 28, 2015 07:25PM
Thanks for the replies....gangsmiling smiley
I spoke with Tom unfortunately he does not do any repairs...so it's going to have to be sent to fisher...;(
August 30, 2015 03:54AM
Mine did the exact same thing. I sent it to Fisher and it came back with all the pots feeling new and tight. They also did a calibration and it seemed to be more accurate than before. I only wish I had kept the machine.
August 30, 2015 01:46PM
Feeling better already....thanks Fletch smiling smiley

Cheers Bob.

Fletch88 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Mine did the exact same thing. I sent it to Fisher
> and it came back with all the pots feeling new and
> tight. They also did a calibration and it seemed
> to be more accurate than before. I only wish I had
> kept the machine.