Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Gold Bug 2

Posted by D&P-OR 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Gold Bug 2
August 28, 2015 08:19PM
How many of you guys are still using the GB2?------It surely has been an amazing little nuggie/picker detector that has stood the test of time.-----At 71 kHz, it finds the smallest of targets (especially in low to moderate mineralized ground).----Put that 6" coil on it & there's not much (shallow targets) that gets by it---bits & pieces of wire & all! smiling smiley
Re: Gold Bug 2
August 29, 2015 01:21AM
Nobody uses a GB2???----Ray---you out there?---You got one don't ya? smiling smiley
August 29, 2015 01:36AM
Interesting detector, just out of curiosity, what kind of depth would you get on a four grain nugget in medium mineralized soil?
August 29, 2015 02:07AM
Jeff (or) Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Interesting detector, just out of curiosity, what
> kind of depth would you get on a four grain nugget
> in medium mineralized soil?

Good question Jeff & one I can't answer--as I don't have a GB2 at this time (yet).----We had a couple years ago & definitely should have kept them.----Going to get another one though with 6" coil for nuggie sniping.
August 29, 2015 03:09AM
Nothing finds smaller bits of medium conductors. Take it to a skeet range and you'll be digging til Christmas.

Seriously, it gets about twice the air depth on small shot, #6 for example as the 5" on a GBP or my F75.

Depth on gold nuggets is never comparable unless you are comparing two detectors on the same nugget. Only a standardized item can allow comparisons by folks who don't use the exact same target.

I am not experienced enough to say how fast it loses depth as mineralization increases, but the higher the frequency, the more the loss as a general rule.

Rick Kempf
Gold Canyon AZ- where there is no gold
August 29, 2015 03:19AM
Nope, sorry Del...for whatever reason, in my area everyone uses gmt's...and since Im a cheap bastard, thats what Ive bought used.
August 29, 2015 06:40PM
IMO, nothing matches the GB2 on grain sized and smaller gold, the old Whites GM2 was close but not as user friendly. The GB Pro is deeper on a little larger gold, 5 grains and larger, but not as sensitive on the really small stuff. I will die with my GB 2. If i could figure a way to disc. lead bbs from the quail hunters it would make life easier.