Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

My just learned lessons on hunting in hot southern mineralized soil...

Posted by diggwr27 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
My just learned lessons on hunting in hot southern mineralized soil...
August 29, 2015 07:48PM
This is about something I just learned so I will post this long thing in case some other Fisher owner, specifically the newer ones, might read it and maybe take something from it that they can use to find that next great thing.
Not saying I am an expert, I just observe things and report back if they are helpful to me.
For me, in this soil with my equipment this is a lesson I will use well in the future.

Some soil background and info...
Kansas soil I usually ground balanced at numbers from mid 40's to mid 50's...1 bar on the dirt meter...if that.
Alabama soil is usually mid 60's to the mid 70's with 2 or 3 bars on the dirt meter every time.
I have only been to a few sites...it could get way worse than that as I widen my travel area.
Here in Birmingham we not only have the normal heavy red dirt mineralization problems the south is known for but we have the extra bonus of all the minerals necessary in the ground to make iron and steel.
This town is nicknamed "Steel City" because of the history of steel and iron manufacturing we were known so well for in the past.
There are small nodules of naturally occurring iron infused into a lot of the dirt around here, run a magnet though it and you can easily pick them up and see.
Is it any wonder depth is usually worse than pitiful using most brands of detectors in this wonderful area of the country?

Recently I moved from Kansas back to Bama.
Went from rich dark beautiful soil to red mineralized iron infused garbage.
I lived here before and started my career here so I knew what I was in for, still it is hard to go from Hades to heaven and then back again.
In the good stuff I found I could zero in on most good targets with my F2 and narrow the signal down to good tones with only a 3 number jump or less.
Those were the type of signals I chose to dig most of the time, anyway, and did extraordinarily well.
When I switch to the F70 I tried to do the same but the much greater power this thing had made it difficult at first.
I had stuff jumping all over the place and dug a ton of everything even with 10 number and section jumps as I learned.
Slowly I got better and was able to get that down to more like a 5 number jump or less...usually less, so I was back to using my 3 number rule most of the time on the shallow stuff unless the signal sounded extra good.
Deeper stuff the rules were different but most targets I came across were 5" or less.
This worked well in that good soil with 3 different coils and usually no matter what tone settings I was using from all metal to mono tone to multiple tones.
Challenging sites with tons of iron were different and that 3 number rule didn't work at all in that situation but I figured out 2 ways to be successful in that stuff one using disc and another using all metal.

Now I am back in this devil dirt and I am doing pretty well just bopping around but I notice even using the small sniper coil it is really difficult to get a stable non jumpy number on my screen over good targets in the soil unless it is very shallow like an inch or less.
I have been hunting some pretty trashy areas including one with a bunch of iron and I have done pretty good in disc but eventually found all metal works better.
Even with my sense and thresh maxed out I still might get some noise from EMI and all the little bits and pieces of metal in the ground but the F70 still stops the jumping and tells me when I am swinging over a good target like a coin.
If they are a bit deeper it might not stay in that 3 number jump but I can amend my rules to 5 numbers easily.
I found that turning and hitting the target from 90 degrees and watching for close to identical numbers, or block of numbers, helps me to tell trash from treasure most of the time.
I practiced using all metal in the woods a lot in Kansas, I also used it more and more in my regular park sites and got pretty comfortable with it.
I noticed over time even in areas with high EMI and with the settings turned up to the highest levels I seemed to be getting the most accurate and stable signals in both the tone and the numbers on the screen using all metal over my other choices so that is why I kept using it more and more till it became natural and a go to choice more often than not.
I used to use disc to hunt in and then all metal as a check at the beginning...now I have turned that around 180 degrees and do the opposite most of the time.

Now one thing you need to know is I discovered hunting areas with iron, and that would be huge pieces or even small like nails or screws, if they are rusty they usually throw off some high coin numbers and even seem like they might repeat sometimes but in reality they don't and these high signals could actually be several inches away from where the actual rusty item is located.
I usually would use the pinpoint button if I suspected iron and found the exact location and by swinging over that area with the center of the coil I could then see the iron numbers only show up...no jumping to a higher range if that target was the only one under the coil.
By moving the coil to the area where I got those first ghostly high numbers with the pinpoint button I found nothing was there so doing all this quickly and efficiently helped me avoid digging a ton of iron and concentrate on the good stuff instead.

Yesterday something happened and I had another one of those AHA moments when I learn something new and useful.
Love when that happens.
I was walking back to the house from a trip around the neighborhood hitting curb strips, I was in all metal and as I was walking back to my porch I was swinging over part of my well hunted front lawn and saw some high numbers flash by.
I stopped and swung my sniper coil slowly over the area and I kept seeing the same block of numbers repeat with no drops to lower areas like iron in this lawn likes to do, and turning and hitting it from 90 degrees the same numbers were still there.
I didn't think I left anything in this lawn after hunting it so much in the past but I had to dig it to see and a silver coin popped up...surprise surprise.

Cut to this morning when I decided to hit my lawn again, and two of the neighbors also both of which I have hunted in the past.
I had lots of those high number signals in the past that I didn't dig because they jumped too much for my taste, plus I was swinging at my usual speed which is not the slowest but works most of the time for me but in this area in this soil a little too fast might result in a slight number drop that simulated iron which I remember seeing on many of those.
Change of plans today...I vowed to go real slow and see if I could find some of those high number signals.
If I could, I would stop and move the coil over them in short swipes but not too fast, and then turn and do it again from 90 degrees.
If they didn't drop, especially to iron, I would dig them.
Well the results of this little excursion are in the pics below.
I dug not one piece of trash even though I acquired many targets in my little hunt.
One zincoln but all the rest high tone targets except for that old padlock key.
Two wheaties and the others that could have been silver considering this is an 80 year old neighborhood but weren't...this time.
I am still thrilled I was able to learn and understand a good way to hunt in this hot soil, or at least recognize what is going on a little better.

Still much to do as I continue to hunt down here once again.
I wonder if silver rings that are a bit deeper will act the same?
I found plenty here in the past but never with the F70.
Chains are weird...how weird are they in this part of the country?
I got good at finding chains in Kansas...can I do that here I wonder?
I think the lower section targets will act in a similar fashion, I dug lots of gold in Kansas and hope that continues here.
I wouldn't mind finding some old nickels and there are areas with relics around here too.

Of great interest to me is depth.
In the past I never could get much deeper than 4-5" with most of my arsenal, I am hoping the F70 can penetrate this soil a bit better and I have used the pinpoint button on a few of those deeper blanked out screen signals, (see below), and saw some pretty deep and amazing numbers on the screen...10-11-12" and a few deeper.
That was with the small DD sniper.
Wasn't prepared to dig them at that time but I will eventually.
Wonder what will happen with the big F75 DD coil mounted instead?
Will those deep ones act the same way or is there a tone and disc setting that can give me a bit more reliable info on the deepies?
I didn't notice or experiment before but I will pay more attention now.
I seriously considered getting a TDI one day for special sites that I could not deal with well in the past.
That might not be necessary now.

I have noticed that unlike in Kansas where you can hear the tones on really deep targets but the screen will go blank and show no info when they are at the very end of the scanning field on the F70/F75 platforms, (usually in the 10" area using my smaller coils, a few inches more with the big DD), here I see no screen info on most targets at about 6" or more.
Like I said, very hot and challenging soil compared to the sweet stuff I used to hunt in.

More swinging and adapting to do and more lessons to learn but for me that never ends.
Another small piece of this southern mineralized soil puzzle just fell into place, soon enough I hope to complete the thing and see the whole picture.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/29/2015 07:56PM by diggwr27.
Re: My just learned lessons on hunting in hot southern mineralized soil...
August 29, 2015 10:12PM
Welcome to my Headache's....LOL!!!

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
August 29, 2015 10:46PM
Nice, detailed learning-curve/report.
August 30, 2015 12:01AM
Keith Southern Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Welcome to my Headache's....LOL!!!
>
> Keith

Keith, I started my career here and made my bones learning to hunt in this garbage.
Mostly hunted for jewelry and shallow stuff because it was just too frustrating jumping through hoops trying to find deeper and well hidden older coins.
I did well as a jewelry hunter and then moved to Kansas for 3 years and had a chance to see how the other half lives.
My friends here have no clue how different this hobby can be when you can hunt in normal soil, and I told my friends there they should thank their lucky stars they lived and hunted in a state with such great dirt because they had no clue how bad it could get.
I guess I am lucky to have experienced both worlds, not so lucky I had to move back to the dark side.
However, with the more powerful F70, some productive settings and new techniques I am slowly learning I think I can put looking for those older, deeper and well disguised coins back on the menu so I am thrilled.

After the hunt this morning where I found that stuff and then wrote it up I had chores to do the rest of the day.
Just an hour ago I got done so I had a chance to step off my porch and hit my well hunted lawn again for a little more practice.
Almost immediately bam bam...two more wheaties jumped out at me so easily it was like I actually knew what I was doing.
One of them was a be-you-tee-full green one with sharp features like it was dropped not long after someone got it new from the bank.
Did I mention it was a 1913s that just happened to fill a long empty hole in one of my coin books that I have been dragging around with me for 50 years?
I have nothing else in my possession from when I was a kid except 3 coin books and it feels good to fill an empty hole in them anytime I get the chance.
I dreaded coming back and hunting in this horrible dirt but now with the F70 in my corner I believe I need to change my attitude a bit.
Things are starting to look up...way up.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/30/2015 12:05AM by diggwr27.
August 30, 2015 12:10AM
Yep down here in places the hard play dough, I mean red clay won't allow stuff to sink very deep. However if there is a run off of precip somewhat it'll cover stuff up deep and quick. You just learned a very valuable lesson looks like. Iffie targets a lot of the time are good. Here's what red clay will do....... Good digs in this nightmare dirt BTW.
It's like owl **** when wet but will stick to everything LOL

August 30, 2015 01:08AM
Hardens to almost concrete in drought, sticky and messy like glue when it's wet.
Fun.
August 30, 2015 01:26AM
Hey I thought I lived in the "Steel City". I have the same headaches up here in Pittsburgh. Most places I dig are 4-5 bars on the T2. Everything beyond about 3" Will be grunting unless it's a big target. I've learned to look for a glimpse of a good tone and I've become pretty good at it. But actual target ID is pretty much gone. I did get a TDI last year for this reason. It is amazing when you think there is nothing but iron around and then you come back with the TDI and start digging loud/clear signals at 7-8". Again no target ID, but it's eye opening in bad dirt. Good luck down there.

Discrimination is the root of all evil.
August 30, 2015 01:51AM
PittsburghWill Wrote:
> Hey I thought I lived in the "Steel City". I have
> the same headaches up here in Pittsburgh. Most
> places I dig are 4-5 bars on the T2. Everything
> beyond about 3" Will be grunting unless it's a big
> target. I've learned to look for a glimpse of a
> good tone and I've become pretty good at it. But
> actual target ID is pretty much gone. I did get a
> TDI last year for this reason. It is amazing when
> you think there is nothing but iron around and
> then you come back with the TDI and start digging
> loud/clear signals at 7-8". Again no target ID,
> but it's eye opening in bad dirt. Good luck down
> there.

A TDI is still not out of the question, but let's see how far I can get with the F70 for awhile, first.
I am studying up on that one just in case.
August 30, 2015 02:34AM
Great write up. I experienced something very similar in central Arkansas a couple of days ago with the high tone an inch or three off the side of iron. This was a first for me. Bar meter was pegged out. Pulled a few pennies out of the area... one was a 1942 wheat. All shallow targets. Will be going back. Thanks for posting that information. It helped confirm what I experienced with my F75 (I was using the small DD coil).

Good luck and HH.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/30/2015 03:02AM by capt..
August 30, 2015 05:18AM
diggwr27 Wrote:
-----------------------------------------------------
> A TDI is still not out of the question, but let's
> see how far I can get with the F70 for awhile,
> first.
> I am studying up on that one just in case.

I still use my T2 also. I even got the brand new version. I wouldn't give it or my TDI up. Different machines with different strengths. Both keepers for sure, as is your F70.

Discrimination is the root of all evil.
August 31, 2015 03:55PM
Ok, I just got some more tips and advice on another forum about tweaking this method that seems to work pretty great.
A couple of brothers in West Virginia that swing an F75 and an F5 seem to be using it with good results.
I know the F5 guy only has the big DD coil.
He told me that Jim Tn clued them in about it.
Hunting in disc, sense around 80, not sure about their tone choices but I am using monotone.
The two important things about this is disc is set on 0 and again use a very slow coil speed.

These settings seem to mirror what I am seeing and hearing on my F70 and sniper for the most part in all metal but there are a few differences.
I got a lot of EMI noise in the area I was using it, for some reason all metal with even hotter settings seemed a bit quieter, but like always when my coil moved over a target the jumping stopped and it gave me a decent ID.
They call this method "chirping" and I can see why.
Secondly I think this 0 disc setting gave me a bit more stable and less jumpy numbers over targets than my all metal way.
I switched between DE and SL and DE didn't seem all that much quieter so I just left it on SL.
No target was perfect at only one or two number jump, but the block of numbers was a bit smaller and more concise and there were non ferrous targets under the coil when I saw those higher than iron numbers that didn't drop.
Another thing I noticed is I think I am getting some screen info on a few targets past 5" which is where my screen seems to go blank using all metal in this soil.
If this turns out to be true I am thrilled.

Still more experimenting to do, I will mess around with different sense and thresh settings to see how far I can push this thing and how deep I can go and still get screen ID info.
Also I need to do it all again with my 2 other coils especially my big DD.
Hopefully I will hit on the very best setting combination to hunt in this bad soil before I die if I am lucky.
August 31, 2015 04:23PM
capt. Wrote:
> Great write up. I experienced something very
> similar in central Arkansas a couple of days ago
> with the high tone an inch or three off the side
> of iron. This was a first for me. Bar meter was
> pegged out. Pulled a few pennies out of the
> area... one was a 1942 wheat. All shallow targets.
> Will be going back. Thanks for posting that
> information. It helped confirm what I experienced
> with my F75 (I was using the small DD coil).
>
> Good luck and HH.

Yea, I discovered this falsing high tone stuff around iron pretty quickly after digging some empty holes in the wrong place.
Soon enough I got it the habit of hitting the pinpoint button and looking around the area for actual iron and then moving the coil back to the falsing area and usually found nothing so that helped me to avoid digging a lot of iron.
I found that big iron will do this on the F2, but I assume the greater power range of the F70 will throw off high numbers on much smaller targets away from the iron like nails and other bits of metal if they are rusty.
I usually avoid digging most iron in the 6-10 number area because most of the time that will be small wire or nails, but iron signals in the very low numbers could be something big and interesting and I have found many old rusty pocket knives in the 11-15 area.
Pocket knives are one of my favorite things to find and dig.

Figuring out ways to hunt in my bad soil is important to me, learning to hunt in heavy iron infested sites even more so.
The reason is I have found that at many sites like that others might come and try their luck but many just give up and go away soon after.
Why?
Could be they just don't understand their tools well enough or want to spend the time to learn them to the extent I do.
It might be that many just don't enjoy hunting challenging sites like I do and would rather spend their time in much easier places.
That is just fine...this is a hobby, not a job, and should be enjoyed in any of the many ways open to different ways of thinking.

As far as challenges I embrace them and last year I found heaven at a site so bad I don't think one other person ever came back after one visit.
Crazy me kept returning for two years trying different detectors and coils with never much to show for my efforts.
Then, using my F70 I came here and spent several hours experimenting until I finally hit on a couple of settings and techniques that worked.
Slowly I started to dig less and less iron and then more and more great targets started to emerge.
We all suspected great things were there, how to get at them was the puzzle that needed to be solved.
Out of everything I have learned in this hobby the lessons I learned there at that site I think I am the most proud of in my career.
Those lessons are now being used at other difficult sites with great success so all that time spent there was well worth it to me.
Some of the best targets I eventually found at this site below.

Now I need to put the same effort into solving this heavy mineralized soil puzzle as I did at that iron mine and if I do I know it will eventually be worth it.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/31/2015 05:06PM by diggwr27.
August 31, 2015 06:47PM
Well said.
WELL DONE!

.................... and that's the kind of skill-set that will transfer into any future detector....and.....to any future site. (Especially when all others have given up).
August 31, 2015 07:11PM
What a learning curve/lesson you experienced! Kudos to ya and very very nice digs..........
September 01, 2015 03:42AM
Back last spring I got my lesson in the bad dirt. 5 bars on the F75LTD2. What did this mean???? In the super high mineral soil the sink rate didn't seem to be very high for undisturbed ground. But 6 inches was about max--past that iron tones with an extremely small hot spot on the coil(s). Boost a definite no no.

Watched a blisstool V5 in this soil. Would give a nonferrous tone on a 9" deep 3 ringer. The V5 or V6 Blisstool do have disc and can punch rather deep in the hot soil---I'm a believer. Funny thing too is the V5 I witnessed didn't like boost in the hot soil either, but still deep nontheless.

A TDI pro with ground balance manipulation will work in the hot dirt too and give you some discrimination.

Nice finds BTW.

I have more experience hunting in 4 bar ground with F75LTD2.

Your F70 should act very similar. I found 2 tone to be deeper using disc, Also with say a 7x11dd coil, hunting in the hot ground. Coil hot spot for the deepest of detectable targets is small (golf ball size--maybe less). So you may get an iron tone for example on a target---center the coil a nonferrous tone may come in. Sweep speed is more critical too. One must overlap their overlaps to ensure the hot spot comes over the top of the deeper targets. Some tests on freshly buried in the hot soil will show.
Running high sens in AM may give better ID on deeper targets. Also some nonferrous targets even though they give iron ID---the tone provided doesn't sound exactly like IRON. There is some nuance at times.
September 01, 2015 01:14PM
tnsharpshooter Wrote:
> Back last spring I got my lesson in the bad dirt.
> 5 bars on the F75LTD2. What did this mean???? In
> the super high mineral soil the sink rate didn't
> seem to be very high for undisturbed ground. But
> 6 inches was about max--past that iron tones with
> an extremely small hot spot on the coil(s). Boost
> a definite no no.
>
> Watched a blisstool V5 in this soil. Would give a
> nonferrous tone on a 9" deep 3 ringer. The V5 or
> V6 Blisstool do have disc and can punch rather
> deep in the hot soil---I'm a believer. Funny
> thing too is the V5 I witnessed didn't like boost
> in the hot soil either, but still deep
> nontheless.
>
> A TDI pro with ground balance manipulation will
> work in the hot dirt too and give you some
> discrimination.
>
> Nice finds BTW.
>
> I have more experience hunting in 4 bar ground
> with F75LTD2.
>
> Your F70 should act very similar. I found 2 tone
> to be deeper using disc, Also with say a 7x11dd
> coil, hunting in the hot ground. Coil hot spot
> for the deepest of detectable targets is small
> (golf ball size--maybe less). So you may get an
> iron tone for example on a target---center the
> coil a nonferrous tone may come in. Sweep speed
> is more critical too. One must overlap their
> overlaps to ensure the hot spot comes over the top
> of the deeper targets. Some tests on freshly
> buried in the hot soil will show.
> Running high sens in AM may give better ID on
> deeper targets. Also some nonferrous targets even
> though they give iron ID---the tone provided
> doesn't sound exactly like IRON. There is some
> nuance at times.

Thank you!
Any tips, observations or personal experiences helps to shortcut me to the optimum settings for this dirt is appreciated.

The more data I have to work with the better.
I am not a scientist like Tom but I do have good observational skills.
I usually experiment in the hit and miss fashion but there is a bit of organization in the way I set up these experiments.
When I hit on something that seems to work and I can get repeatable positive results those become lessons learned and are filed away for future use.
Sometimes it is luck that I hit on the right combination, sometimes it is just dogged persistence and slight adjustments to my standard settings.
I got my F70 on Thanksgiving day 2013 and even though I had about 1000 hours with the F2, several hundreds of hours with Tesoros, too, this thing and all its power and settings was a challenge.
On almost every target I messed around and experimented with different settings for months just to see different results on signals in the sound and screen behavior to find which way I enjoyed receiving the data the most.
Didn't settle down until almost September with some favorite set ups and just hunted but it was all worth the time spent and the great finds flew out of the ground while my jaw constantly dropped...still experimenting a bit so it still does.

I will try 2F tones and see what happens, swing close and tight and listen well to the tones.
There is a solution to this equation of recognizing the deeper non ferrous targets in this soil before digging, I just know it...having to dig every deeper signal I come across is just not feasible or logical to me.
I don't have that size coil but I do have the big F75 DD and I have not tried it over this devil dirt yet.
I would love to buy all the perfect tools needed for the job but I have always been good at using the tools at hand to get the job done.

Thanks again...any more tips for hunting in southern mineralization from anyone out there please keep em coming.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/01/2015 01:15PM by diggwr27.
September 02, 2015 12:52AM
as a potter who makes Celadons that dirt is a dream

Curantly own a Mirage P.I made by sven , and a silver Umax with ground balance mode, and a Tesoro Tejon
September 02, 2015 06:04AM
Took me a while to get around to reading this thread. Though I am not generally afflicted with the bad dirt, I do find occasional patches, and it takes a while to recognize the effects when it is not your normal pattern. I still have much to learn about target signals, audio and visual, in bad ground, and the comments from the OP and responders have helped. Thanks. Good info.

Wayne

Pleasant Garden, NC
AT Max, Nokta Impact, MX Sport, Nokta FORS Relic, GPX 4800, Infinium, Racer, Deus, F75SE, Nautilus DMC II (order of acquisition, last to first)

Does an archeologist argue with a plow? A bureaucrat with a bulldozer?
September 02, 2015 02:19PM
Just to add yesterday I went out with the big DD coil on board.
WAY different experience than when using the sniper.
It seemed more jumpy, couldn't get the high tone coins to stabilize and stay in the higher range every time, a bit more EMI problems but I adapted.
That jumping could well have been caused by multiple targets under or in range of the bigger coil...probably.
The areas hunted were trash heavy.
After awhile I got comfortable and started pulling out coins fairly easily.
I believe I could get a bit deeper with the bigger coil which is what I was hoping for.
Nothing was super deep that I found but a couple were easily recognized at about 5-6" so I have hope even deeper targets will be seen.

I used the all metal with maxed out settings method described above, also changed over to disc and used 1, 1F and 2F with the sense around 80 and the thresh up and down between -2 and 4.
I know I can get it way quieter with lower sense and I know in good soil depth is still amazing on 60 and below...I wonder what will happen here.
Moving the thresh quieted it down but targets were still loud and clear on the lower settings.
I moved between 0 and 1 on the disc and it was way quieter on 1.
Not sure if this was an EMI issue or a mineralization issue but setting 1 seemed to hit my targets just fine and it was less mentally fatigueing to listen.
More experimenting to do so stay tuned.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 09/02/2015 03:42PM by diggwr27.
September 02, 2015 02:41PM
Never detected outside of Pa. but these old coal region yards where the ashes were thrown on the back lawns will give any unit fits.
Also hunted one old football field that has been used since the 50's and is still being used had a yellow clay base and myself with a CZ and my buddy an XLT expert hunted it from end to end and between the both of us did not find one coin not even a new penny..Guesstimate foreign clay was imported from who knows where and shut both of us down.
So one guesses North-South and places in between there are areas where conditions are impossible....
September 04, 2015 02:11AM
diggwr27 Wrote:
> Just to add yesterday I went out with the big DD
> coil on board.
> WAY different experience than when using the
> sniper.
> It seemed more jumpy, couldn't get the high tone
> coins to stabilize and stay in the higher range
> every time, a bit more EMI problems but I
> adapted.
> That jumping could well have been caused by
> multiple targets under or in range of the bigger
> coil...probably.
> The areas hunted were trash heavy.
> After awhile I got comfortable and started pulling
> out coins fairly easily.
> I believe I could get a bit deeper with the bigger
> coil which is what I was hoping for.
> Nothing was super deep that I found but a couple
> were easily recognized at about 5-6" so I have
> hope even deeper targets will be seen.
>
> I used the all metal with maxed out settings
> method described above, also changed over to disc
> and used 1, 1F and 2F with the sense around 80 and
> the thresh up and down between -2 and 4.
> I know I can get it way quieter with lower sense
> and I know in good soil depth is still amazing on
> 60 and below...I wonder what will happen here.
> Moving the thresh quieted it down but targets were
> still loud and clear on the lower settings.
> I moved between 0 and 1 on the disc and it was way
> quieter on 1.
> Not sure if this was an EMI issue or a
> mineralization issue but setting 1 seemed to hit
> my targets just fine and it was less mentally
> fatigueing to listen.
> More experimenting to do so stay tuned.

Realizing freshly buried targets sort of throws test off a bit. I would like to hear maybe how a dime, penny. quarter look and sound at a depth of 6 inches buried in clean ground.
September 04, 2015 10:33AM
What a great post! Info all over the place here,just great. Rock on diggwr,this is the kind of post that really truly helps others to become one with their machine,no matter what it is.