Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

DeepTech Vista Gold Finds Gold

Posted by Sven1 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
DeepTech Vista Gold Finds Gold
August 30, 2015 07:56PM
Its been awhile that anyone has posted about the Vista Gold, guess I am a late bloomer in owning one.
I buried a jefferson nickel in the backyard the other day a 9" (air test at 11" with the Super 6 coil) to see if the Gold could get it.
Pleasently surprised in all three modes it was able to pick it up. A very diggable signal at that depth.
------------------------------------

This morning was my first real hunt with the replacement Super 6 coil.
Did a lot of bench testing last night so I was prepared for todays hunt.
Almost didn't go as the weather was dark, gloomy, looked and felt like rain any minute.
I waited to 8:30am, then went for broke, maybe get some dirt time in before the rain let loose.
Went over to a school yard I hunted last week, did pretty good at with a couple silver chains and about $15 in change.
Put the headphones on and turned on the Vista Gold, took about 20 seconds to ground balance. Switched over to disc mode, no boost, sens 37, disc set at segment 40.
I wanted to test out disc mode and see how it would perform amongst the trash. Accepting some foil without loosing small thing gold rings.
Swung away, within the first minute or so got my first signal, it was a dime. About 2 more minutes, another signal, another dime. At this point I am thinking, this is great
loves Canadian clad dimes. Now this is where things get exciting, my third target was a ring, a thin 10kt gold ring. Knew there was a reason to head back to this schoolyard.
Now I have visions of gold everywhere for the taking............LOL
Now I started digging some junk and more junk, after digging so much small foil and canslaw. I can tell one of those targets just the way the audio tone reports about 98% of the time.
Only three times was it a coin. It was easy to tell targets were coins. Bottle caps also had the canslaw signature audio, with a rounder feel.
I was really surprised how smooth and stable the Gold operated, no EMI at all. Even switched over to two tone for awhile, again smooth and stable.
Pinpointing was not hard, with the Super 6, I am nearing the accuracy that I can get with the concentrics. Coils edge makes a great pinpointer as well.
One thing I noticed the lack of iron found today. I am extremely pleased with the overall performance and the audio response and the fact it finds Canadian clad as well as the Tesoros I have owned.
Actually think its way above the Tesoros in beep and dig performance and can say I don't miss the Tesoros at all.
So any of those folks out there that say the Vista Gold with its limited disc range of small foil is not suiting for coin and jewelry hunting, school yards, parks, picnic grounds, haven't used a Vista Gold.

DeepTech Vista X with 3 search coils.
Works for me

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/31/2015 11:37AM by Sven1.
Re: DeepTech Vista Gold Finds Gold
August 30, 2015 08:18PM
Great find, Sven!!! And congrats on the gold ring!
August 30, 2015 08:47PM
Gold ring's are always good! Does it have Modulated audio where deeper targets are softer sounding? I was always curious about this Detector like I need another detector. LOL!
August 30, 2015 08:54PM
Great job Sven,

Some Vista Gold discrimination features have a higher disc range than others, I believe mine was one of the few having this from the beginning was able to disc out even nickels.

Vista gold is fantastic, I feel you'll like it allot as a replacement over Tesoro's.

Congrats,
Paul
August 30, 2015 09:52PM
Congratulations on the gold ring! The Vista Gold is a fun machine to use with great seperation abilities when targets are close together. I love the iron volumn control. Great machine in an experienced detectorists hands or someone who just wants to knock out iron and foil and dig everything else. Not for the detectorist who is hunting only old silver because of the limited descrimination range limitations and lack of notch descrimination. I fall into the same catagory as you, I think. I like digging mostly good targets and the occasional piece of gold, so pull tabs have to be dug also. Even At 25 khz the Vista Gold still hits on silver at very good depth. It is one machine I will keep and use for some time to come. Just plain fun to use...Stuart
August 31, 2015 06:10AM
Is anyone else having problems downloading pictures from Sven1 ? Everyone else's pictures download but not Sven1's last 2 post.
August 31, 2015 09:59AM
I have the same problem. With Google Chrome and Microsoft edge (Win 10).
August 31, 2015 11:38AM
I just edited my post, appears I cannot always use the picture location if on another forum.

DeepTech Vista X with 3 search coils.
Works for me
September 01, 2015 02:29AM
Very nice. Deep detector for sure.
September 02, 2015 12:56AM
WOW thats a nice ring, and that is a lot of cladd

Curantly own a Mirage P.I made by sven , and a silver Umax with ground balance mode, and a Tesoro Tejon