Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Dilek - MAKRO

Posted by NASA-Tom 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Re: Dilek - MAKRO
October 27, 2015 01:37AM
I love threads like this. This, I believe, is how 'metal detecting' technology will continue to grow. And good for Makro/Nokta for being so open and above- board. I love my Makro Racer and have since I first bought it.
But I need a machine with a higher frequency that I can buy to have along with my Racer. Plus, we are getting alot of rain here in west Tennessee. Detecting conditions are vastly improving. Anyway, happy hunting to all! kevin
October 27, 2015 01:52AM
With the talk of testing the machine ... what is the testing standard and practice?

I assume you want something more than subjective comments like "it found a couple deep coins ... this one's a keeper" or "...it made an old site like new again".

Might want to take a moment and describe the type of testing you expect to be objectively done by those involved.
October 27, 2015 02:10AM
Ive used the Velox one and the CF 77.... very very similar units performance wise..

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
October 27, 2015 01:16PM
johnnyanglo...... you are spot-on. And................. with the 'type' of detectorists on this specific forum................. most steer away from 'subjective'. ie: I found me a rare coin with a rare mint mark.......... therefore.......... this detector is spectacular. On this forum.... we see beyond that.
Good/valid point.
October 29, 2015 02:08AM
I am interested in both units and detect 2 a week most weeks. This would be a great deal for me as well I want to own these machines. Thanks

Carl
c t
October 29, 2015 02:22AM
Hello NASA Tom its tom ct in ny Tom i hunt old farm fields dating back to 1680 however my season is comming to an end shortly winter sets in quick in northern ny perhaps if when the spring rolls around i could give the cf a try my soil is very mineralised 86 or highe,r on my f75 same with the deus always need to run react 3 or higher many colonial coins buttons and buckles turn up in these fields thank you for the oppertunity youre giving to us as interested members of youre fine open forum HH tom
October 29, 2015 12:54PM
I am interested in both units and detect 2 a week most weeks. This would be a great deal for me as well I want to own these machines. Thanks

Carl
November 01, 2015 05:54PM
wjs ...... What do you think of the Professionalism ....... "packaging" // presentation .......... of the CF77? I know you have not had much time to test the unit (yet).
November 02, 2015 12:45AM
Daniel TN ...... you ARE next to try the CF77. Hook up with wjs to coordinate. . . . . for what-ever/when-ever he is complete.
November 02, 2015 04:33AM
10-4.
wjs
CF77 test results
November 02, 2015 01:18PM
I received the CF77 from Tom last week. I read the manual online. I was able to do some air tests and some in ground tests trying different setting and took it to a couple of my local parks. The detector seems to be fairly deep but then again I have fairly mild soil. It was able to hit on some of the deeper targets that some detectors struggle with. I would say it was on par with the Deus, F75, CZ3D (a good one).

I did not want to do a write up on it because I could not really think of very many positive things to say about it. I base this on being used for coin hunting. First the name Coin Finder does not fit a detector with only two tones in disc mode and no type of ID to give you an idea of what the target might be. It would not be practical to use it for coin hunting in public places like schools, parks, fairgrounds, etc, where there is also a lot of trash. You would have to dig all signals or try to only dig the high tones. It would be better used as a coin or relic machine in more open areas with less trash. It seems like it is probably more geared to be able to handle high mineralized soil.

I did not really care for the battery pack and how it was setup. It is made so you can hip mount it but then you have the cable going from the detector to your hip. It can also be mounted to the side of the detector. There is no pinpoint button but that really shouldn't be a problem unless its on one of the deep ones.

On a positive note the build quality seemed very good and the detector did run pretty smooth. It came well packaged in its own case. Almost like a suitcase with compartments for all the accessories.

I think Daniel is getting it next so maybe he can run it through its paces in high mineralized soil. His results may be totally different.
November 02, 2015 04:54PM
Has a price point been set for this unit yet? Just wondering where it falls in line with their other detectors.
wjs
November 02, 2015 08:38PM
Tom D
What do you think of the Professionalism ....... "packaging" // presentation .......... of the CF77?

I thought it was excellent. Maybe a bit much for a simple guy like me but seemed to work for the intended purpose.
November 03, 2015 01:15AM
Hi Bill,

Okay......... thanks for the report!
November 03, 2015 09:54PM
Hmm...If the packaging is a detectors strongest attribute you know it's not great.
Re: CF77 test results
November 04, 2015 08:55PM
wjs Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I did not want to do a write up on it because I
> could not really think of very many positive
> things to say about it.

Will the next guy who don't like it pass it to the next one, without pointing out the negative sides?
wjs
November 04, 2015 11:40PM

Will the next guy who don't like it pass it to the next one, without pointing out the negative sides?

I think Tom was looking for honest opinions of the detector. I did not want to seem like I was just totally against it but for coin hunting it really just wasn't practical. There a many more detectors on the market that do a better job. Daniel in TN is getting it next and I know he will give us an honest opinion. I know his dirt is a lot more mineralized and I think he does more relic hunting. It may work great for him and his area.
November 05, 2015 12:21AM
x2000 ........ I understand your point/quest; yet, I need to hear all positive & negative data-points about the detector. As long as the data is completely honest, candid, accurate (and preferably emotionless)........ this poses maximum 'value-added' base-reference info for all (Mfr's & end-user's) to benefit.
November 05, 2015 12:53AM
I like the idea of letting folks test/run the different detectors.

I do think it would be helpful to maybe grade the detector though with the following headings:

Strengths as far as performance

Weaknesses as far as performance

Ergonomics strengths

Ergonomics weaknesses

TID workings

EMI handling ability rating

Sweep speed sensitive rating

Total overall build comments

Ease to navigate the settings

What one thing stands out (positive)
What one thing stands out (negative)

Ground balance (procedure)

And maybe using a nickel and a clad dime as the standard
Depth on high conductor with soil mineralization levels
Depth on low conductor with soil mineralization levels

Detector's ability to handle medium and larger iron when say tabs are disced out

Tone(s) clarity and nuance

These are mainly the things that give folks the info they need to know or are seeking.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/05/2015 12:55AM by tnsharpshooter.
November 05, 2015 01:19AM
tnsharpshooter Wrote:
> I like the idea of letting folks test/run the
> different detectors.
>
> I do think it would be helpful to maybe grade the
> detector though with the following headings:
>
> Strengths as far as performance
>
> Weaknesses as far as performance
>
> Ergonomics strengths
>
> Ergonomics weaknesses
>
> TID workings
>
> EMI handling ability rating
>
> Sweep speed sensitive rating
>
> Total overall build comments
>
> Ease to navigate the settings
>
> What one thing stands out (positive)
> What one thing stands out (negative)
>
> Ground balance (procedure)
>
> And maybe using a nickel and a clad dime as the
> standard
> Depth on high conductor with soil mineralization
> levels
> Depth on low conductor with soil mineralization
> levels
>
> Detector's ability to handle medium and larger
> iron when say tabs are disced out
>
> Tone(s) clarity and nuance
>
> These are mainly the things that give folks the
> info they need to know or are seeking.

Really?
November 05, 2015 09:12AM
TNSS and I must be thinking on the same level. That's pretty much the template for my notes I take on detectors and how I was going to handle testing the CF when it comes.

I will do the best I can in the time I have it. I am on 7 days a week work schedule, 12 hr days until February 2016...even holidays have been canceled for us. And trying to move into a new house too. I will do what I can though.
November 05, 2015 03:38PM
SeabeeRon Wrote:
> Has a price point been set for this unit yet?
> Just wondering where it falls in line with their
> other detectors.

Can anyone answer this for me? Maybe it hasn't gotten to the pricing point yet?!? Dilek, anyone??
November 05, 2015 03:47PM
Ron the detector talked about in this thread is a Makro CF77. It has been out for a while. Check with a Makro dealer for pricing. This detector release wise preceded the Makro Racer, which I'm sure you are familiar. And the Nokta Impact is a detector mentioned here on this forum but not officially released yet.

[www.makrodetector.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/05/2015 03:49PM by tnsharpshooter.
November 05, 2015 05:34PM
I think a common test template is a good idea, along with a candid general use report.

I didn't realize the CF77 was a two tone only machine, but I suspect with the Coin Finder moniker they positioned it more as a European plowed field coin hunter, versus a US/Canadian park hunter.
November 05, 2015 07:27PM
tnsharpshooter Wrote:
> Ron the detector talked about in this thread is a
> Makro CF77. It has been out for a while. Check
> with a Makro dealer for pricing. This detector
> release wise preceded the Makro Racer, which I'm
> sure you are familiar. And the Nokta Impact is a
> detector mentioned here on this forum but not
> officially released yet.
>
> [www.makrodetector.com]
> tml

Thanks TNSS!
November 05, 2015 07:55PM
Quote:"I didn't realize the CF77 was a two tone only machine"
It's three-tone according to their website: Iron, low-cond, high-cond.
November 05, 2015 09:24PM
tnsharpshooter Wrote:
> I like the idea of letting folks test/run the
> different detectors.
>
> I do think it would be helpful to maybe grade the
> detector though with the following headings:
>
> Strengths as far as performance
>
> Weaknesses as far as performance
>
> Ergonomics strengths
>
> Ergonomics weaknesses
>
> TID workings
>
> EMI handling ability rating
>
> Sweep speed sensitive rating
>
> Total overall build comments
>
> Ease to navigate the settings
>
> What one thing stands out (positive)
> What one thing stands out (negative)
>
> Ground balance (procedure)
>
> And maybe using a nickel and a clad dime as the
> standard
> Depth on high conductor with soil mineralization
> levels
> Depth on low conductor with soil mineralization
> levels
>
> Detector's ability to handle medium and larger
> iron when say tabs are disced out
>
> Tone(s) clarity and nuance
>
> These are mainly the things that give folks the
> info they need to know or are seeking.

Thank you tnsharpshooter - again your contributions to this hobby are priceless
November 05, 2015 09:27PM
detectingMO Wrote:
> Hmm...If the packaging is a detectors strongest
> attribute you know it's not great.

thanks for the solid advise winking smiley - I will now stay away from flash boxes with pretty pictures on them in my quest to find the ultimate detector
November 11, 2015 05:01PM
Just received the detector and opened it. The packaging is super nice. Very professional look and feel to how it is packaged with the suitcase...much like the Fors CoRe package is. I will probably only test the 9 inch and 11 inch coils. The other one is HUGE. Will put it through the paces over the next few days as time allows. I have to work Friday-Sunday on 12 hr shifts so that is going to kill the weekend but the following week should be good to go.
November 11, 2015 11:02PM
Ok........ good to know you got it...........and what your first impressions are. No major hurry; yet, quite curious how the unit performs in your mineralized dirt.