Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Bagged a beauty on the beach yesterday

Posted by therover61 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Bagged a beauty on the beach yesterday
September 23, 2010 02:55AM
Just wanted to post a pic of the diamond ring I found yesterday at a salt water beach. Used a PI to find it.

It's 14K, one carat princess cut. Took it to 2 jewelers who verified it was real and gave me a ball park figure that it's worth between 5K-7K. The diamond is super clean and clear.

I was pretty stoked when I found it.

JC
Re: Bagged a beauty on the beach yesterday
September 23, 2010 03:23AM
did you thank Jesus! :>) Awesome
September 23, 2010 11:55AM
WOW!!! Dude...that thing is stunning!!! Congrats!!! WTG!!!
September 23, 2010 05:47PM
Now that is one sweet find. I wouldn't have left the store with!!!
September 23, 2010 05:50PM
That is a great find, true treasure!!! What PI were you using? TDI? LS? or what?

Julien
September 23, 2010 09:03PM
Jbow...I was using an Infinium LS. I just picked up a used one because I wanted another waterproof PI for my beach hunting excursions since that is what I will be doing for the most part of the Fall and Winter. Never had a Garrett machine before, and the tone ID was interesting even though I dig all anyway.

The first trip out with the Infinium netted me a nice 14K heart locket. Next trip out...the ring in addition to a 14K earring.

3 gold in 2 trips with the machine, one being a prime catch. Needless to say, I am going to hunt with this unit all the time as long as the conditions allow. The beaches weren't that bad...I did dig iron, but it wasn't to the point where every foot was a nail. Plus, the beaches have been sanded in so I wanted the extra depth and coverage of the 10 x 14 mono ( I bought the big mono coil for it since reading posts, most stated that was the way to go so I never even used the machine with the stock DD coil).

I had to get a straight shaft for it since the stock configuration is not good at all. In addition, I busted the pin on the original set of land headphones when I got it, so I had to order a pair of them too. In any event, the unit, coil and phones paid for itself 5 times over !!

Funny thing you mention the TDI..I have a used one on the way too, and will compare them. Want to see how it handles trash and land conditions as well as the wet salt sand. Seems one can set it up to find coins among iron and if it can, then some of my other land units may be up for sale ( NOT MY CZ's though !).
September 23, 2010 09:07PM
A heart stopper for sure congrats
September 24, 2010 02:13AM
I would be on cloud 9 for a long time after finding that beast!
CONGRATS!
Aaron
September 24, 2010 11:46AM
THAT should pay for a few detectors!