Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Initial Take on Blisstool V6

Posted by tnsharpshooter 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Initial Take on Blisstool V6
November 07, 2015 12:19AM
Played with it today to try and get my arms around it.

Overall build quality---as good as any VLF detector I've had/have (Nokta CoRE, Makro Racer, Minelab CTX, Minelab Etrac, White's V3i, Minelab XS Explorer, Fisher F75LTD2, Xp Deus)

Coil ears look good and beefy

Good connections between rod joints

Coil has no cover---but seems protected fairly well

Coil cable is a bit stiffer than the ones I've seen

Ergonomics

Not heavy or real light

I'm 5'10" tall and rod with its design seems to fit me well. Coil is away from my feet more so than say F75.
There is plenty of adjustment for the unusually tall folks
Swings very well with 11" coil installed--doesn't feel nose heavy say like Deus with 11" coil.
Doesn't feel tail heavy either with 7x9 coil installed like a Nokta Cores does with small OOR coil

Comes with a decent operator's manual---far better than my White's V3i did, will say some of the words/grammar a bit off---but understandable anyway to me

Iron handling
I ran it with a gain of 4 threshold of 5-5.5-----machine seemed stable, power lines overhead
Going to gain of 6 or higher threshold than 5.5 things got jittery
When sweeping over yard--minefield of iron btw, with loads of nails and even some medium,/large iron----with disc set at 4 iron rejection seemed pretty good. On some of the larger a decent tone would come in at times---turning 90 degrees signal would be static to broken
Over the iron machine sorta reminds me of a cross between White's V3i and Xp Deus
Sometimes on the first sweep over iron--tone more desirable, but with a couple more sweeps---signal would get crackly or dissipate

Sweep speed sensitivity
Detector not as forgiving as Deus IMO, but better than White's V3i---when the White's is set to as a deeper seeker
ORE Mode--played with some. Preliminary tests indicate it's no Deus----11" coil vs 11"---recovery/separation
Need to play more with 7x9" coil before I comment

Controls
Detector controls definitely look more intimidating when looking at pics vs in real person
Pots seem smooth---but this is the only detector I've ever had with knobs----take as you wish
The disc depth control---this is a very good feature IMO---based mostly on air testing, did hit my small garden though
It works in conjunction with disc setting
If Xp deus had this control/function---would definitely make the Deus a better old site with modern trash site hunter
The Discriminator switch--going to position 1, knocks out tabs/nickels-----I feel is used smartly with disc depth/disc opens up doors to hunt modern sites looking for copper/silver
One note though I played with a aluminum can with disc switch in position 1---knocks out can but not if can is a long ways from coil say 16"
And playing with the can----I've never had a detector that airtest an aluminum can so far-----with 4 gain and threshold at 5 can could be heard at oh my, I don't know ---with detector's coil on the ground I could hold the can not far below shoulder level and it would signal

Tone clarity--the external speaker is OK, need to run volume pretty high though to hear real well
As far as using headphones--I used the sunray progolds, tone seemed good, and there is some fairly nice nuance when over the iron and when using the discriminator switch to knock out targets
Is it Deus quality???--not quite but remember this is a 1 tone machine, Deus multitone

So far I like it.

Need to get it out hunting and play with smaller coil more. The ORE mode in airtesting seems to give up quite a bit of depth, but this may not transition to in ground performance entirely.

BTW using my high mineral bricks. With 3 stacked with quarter under them---it bangs the quarter,,, Deus with 11" coil barely hits, F75 Iron tone with low VDI
Placing a dime under Bliss squeaks--the others notta

More to come

David

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/07/2015 02:22AM by tnsharpshooter.
Re: Initial Take on Blisstool V6
November 07, 2015 05:39AM
The V6 is like having two detectors in one, A super deep detector or a fast recovery machine for those special sites laced with iron. It's either deep or get's decent depth depending on which mode the user needs, Can't have both together, Ore mode for fast recovery with decent depth or soil mode for a deep seeking machine.

Try using the smaller coil with ore mode for iron laced sites, It's here you experience the cool fast recovery speed. Please take notice what you experience with todays testing will change when you get real time field experence in with both modes, You still have allot to learn trust me but so far it appears you're taking to the V6 really well! ....Plus, You'll eventually know when to shift from one mode to the other as terrain/ground conditions change. For my type of sites, Prefer the smaller coil as it get's serious depth and depending on site can increase Gain or go to Boost mode because the smaller coil is not effected as much with masking. Here in my area we have poor ground conditions, Masking effects depth especially out in the relic areas.

I've compared ore mode with my Deus for depth, Yes Ore mode does greatly reduce depth on the V6 but it greatly increases recovery speed. Depending on your ore mode selection with the fine tune GB knob, The faster you increase recovery the more depth it will loose. However, What I've noticed is even in ore mode my V6 punches down deeper than my Deus with highest sens setting as possible depending on ground conditions. So that pleases me knowing the V6 still detects deeper in Ore mode over the Deus, And of course you've already seen first hand how much deeper then V6 is in soil mode over the Deus coil for coil no comparison bar none the V6 is allot deeper.

As you get more familiar with your V6, You'll see it's very forgiving in both ore mode and soil mode. Try running the DD iron knob maxed out, This will greatly eliminate allot of false digging from iron. And for kicks, You can set the discrimination toggle to 1 to knock out dimes and dig surface quarters only with increasing Disc level knob. But use ore mode when going after clad, With Boost off use the lowest sensitivity as possible. Also, Never set your Fine Tune GB knob below 1 in Ore mode because Ore mode was designed to operate between 1 & 3 on the Fine Tune GB knob with Gain at it's lowest setting (Minimum). What happens is if you go below 1 on the fine tune GB knob you'll loose all sensitivity, So stay between 1 & 3 with 1 setting the fastest and 3 setting which still gets fast recovery and decent depth. A number 2 setting with Fine tune GB is a happy medium, Only use 2 or 1 when ground conditions are at their worst with iron we're taking blanket of iron other wise fine tune 3 GB setting is all you need.

So much to share with the V6 or V5, Both great machines I don't think I'll ever be able to cover it all not the greatest with explaining.

Here's a pic of my V5 & V6 Blisstool detectors, Both using a different shaft setup. Still use each one for serious detecting, I've made many purchases in my time and these two were good investments. Never regretted it for a second, Have made great finds with both.

Enjoy your new Toy!

Paul (Ca)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/07/2015 05:44AM by Old California.
November 07, 2015 11:27AM
Paul,
To the contrary I find your posts very well laid out and informative.

Maybe you should write a book on the Blisstool V5 and V6???

Or at the very least be a contributor to one's book!!!!

After I played with the detector's settings a couple hours on and off, I started to already think of some applications where they could maybe be used.

Granted this is a knob machine, but it seems there was some ingenuity put into with the controls/functions and how they affect each other. Really quite impressive really when I think more about it---since machine is not in my mind rated as a digital machine.

I guess thus far if I had to pick a gripe with detector it would be not having detent positions with the knob settings. But maybe finer tuning would not be allowed if used or would create the need for a wider angular turning of knob to get a desirable/useable setup.

And yes Paul, I need more time on this Beast, but so far I'm liking what I see.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/07/2015 11:57AM by tnsharpshooter.
November 07, 2015 04:28PM
David

Glad to see you got it in and testing it out. Let Bill and me know when your ready to get out with it, I'm up in WV right now but should be back this week. Bill and I are going to be off all week to do some digging.

Paul I like that shaft set up... The V5 has me stumped though, the control box on the handle???? Looks as though you used a upper handle from another detector and just mounted the BT box to the back. What shaft is on your v6?
November 07, 2015 04:32PM
Yes Indeed, Ahmed put allot of thought with the pots enabling the V5 and more so with the V6 to activate other features. .....Blisstool is really a simple machine, Once the user understands each of its features the learning curve is down hill.

Been meaning to share this with other Blisstool users, This may be of help for you since you're new with the V6. At the beginning, After conducting a GB sometimes when removing the target the coil would continue to detect the hole? What was happening is the GB was off a little so when this happens slightly advance the course GB, rescan the fresh dug hole and continue to slightly advance GB until the hole is no longer detected and then use fine tune GB to get the GB dialed in. This is with using soil mode, with Ore mode the Course GB is only used to ground balance the machine.

I'm not the greatest with explaining things with lnk, So hopefully what I've learned and share can be beneficial to others.

Go out and enjoy your Blisstool David, your model is like having two detectors in one. You've got one mean machine many serious relic hunters would love to have.

Congrats!
Paul
November 07, 2015 04:37PM
Hello Tom,

My V5 is in a gutted Whites V3 T-handle, swings great. The V6 is mounted on a light weight shaft from across the pond, two neat setups swing great!

Looking forward to hunting with you and David someday, I'll have to make a trip out east in the future.

Take care,
Paul
November 08, 2015 02:14AM
Played with smaller 7x9" coil today.

Compared it against Racer while wearing 5.5x10" coil.

Speed/separation of V6 impressive while wearing coil in Ore mode.

What I do notice and have seen this in some of Daniel's V3 Blistool videos. The pitch of the tone lowers when nonferrous target is close to iron or if you detect a deeper target in hotter soil.

And oh my, this thing screams on my 10" nickel and dime in my little test garden. Going to boost 0 gain, you'd think they were only 4-5" down!!! My soil reads 4 bars on F75LTD2 or Racer mineral pie shaded to about the 7:30 position.

Also the depth disc setting seems to be more critical (in both soil and Ore mode) meaning run a little higher vs using the stock coil. If you run it too low, nails will ring up too good a tone

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/08/2015 02:26AM by tnsharpshooter.
November 08, 2015 03:37AM
On the V3, I had to run my gain at 1 or less. The highest I could balance the machine was 2. I made the mistake of balancing it at lower levels and then cranking it up. It actually loses a lot of depth doing that. They might have changed it up for the V5 & V6 though. To this date, it remains #1 on the VLF detector list for depth...coil size for coil size. Especially in bad soil.
November 08, 2015 03:57AM
Daniel I've actually been watching some of your Blisstool V3 vids.

I believe the soil mineral levels are the biggest drivers as far as high high a gain it will balance at.

Today for instance with smaller 7x9 on, in turbo the highest gain I could balance was .5 or 1/2. I think the recommended gain with turbo is 0. But even with this gain along with turbo---deeeeeeep.

And I did exactly today what you talked about---turned up gain to see affects. As you progress upwards target signal becomes blurred at first, continue raising gain target progressively starts washing and eventually sounds more like a big/med iron rejection.

I don't know what my machine would balance at gain wise in your neck of the woods. I think Tom 41 runs his over that hot stuff down his way at around 2.

I maybe going down his way this week, so maybe I can see for myself how high I can balance.

The auto disc on my V6 is what I really like---it works too. Auto disc 1--Can knock out tabs, zincolns and junk and still bang deep dimes/quarters--and in doing so not even hit aluminum cans either.

So even though it has no meter can be used on a real hammered site even with modern trash.
November 09, 2015 02:01AM
A little relic hunt today at CW site. Used stock coil. Was pretty windy---now feel like there is nothing between my ears lol

Anyway was impressed by how stable my detector ran today---gain at 6.

I hunted around the field from where I ran my ATX a few days ago.

The more I listen to this detector over iron, the more it reminds me of a Deus on steroids. Both running silencer at minimum.

The audio provided on the deeper targets unmistakable, but sweep speed needs to be managed well.

And again with initial passes with coil---some iron rings in pretty good, but an extra sweep or 2 it can be identified.

Not shown in the picture is a pull tab I dug at 8"---on edge at that. Actually missed digging it. Caused me fits for a while. Finally struck it with the pinpointer and started shaving dirt off the sides of the hole and saw it laying directly on edge.

I did take the wrong shovel with me. I should have took my bigger shovel (one with longer snout for digging deeper). That won't happen again.

Still liking this detector. Did hit a patch with quite a bit of iron. Smaller coil I feel would have done much better.

Coin was dug at old house at site that's part of the CW site, not an over abundance of modern trash but there never the less. Ran disc switch level 1 and struck the dime---roughly 11" deep, pretty good signal.

Cheers

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/09/2015 02:08AM by tnsharpshooter.
November 09, 2015 03:59AM
Great finds David, and good to hear you're out there using the Blisstool getting more acquainted with the unit. I'll have to lookup Daniels v3 videos sounds like he's got good tips to share, every bit of information is helpful.

Sounds like your ground is kinder than my soil, you can run higher gain. Was out today, detected a couple of sites and with our recent rains auctally made the mineralized soil differcult to run with higher sens.

Couldn't use the stock 10" coil, Ground was too moist from recent rains but the smaller 7" x9" coil was perfect was able to use ore mode with boost on out in the clearer areas away from iron...In areas full of iron, was using ore mode between 2&3 with fine tune GB knob and boost off.

Today, learned allot with ore mode, not only did it increased recovery speed for areas laced with iron it also helped the unit handle poor ground especially with recent rains which made the mineralized soil even harder to hunt in.

Tomorrow, if time allows will compare Deus and V6 on separation and will post results.

Congrats to a good day,
Paul

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/09/2015 04:02AM by Old California.
November 09, 2015 04:44AM
My videos are old and only with the V3. Those were done on the tail end of when I quit doing videos. The quality sucks and all I dig in them are 3 ring minie balls lol When I get in my new house I will actually have internet capability (besides a phone that barely picks up 1x internet speed) and might dabble in videos again. Probably not...but the potential is there.
November 09, 2015 04:52AM
Thanks Paul.

Yes I'm trying to get the feel for it.

The disc depth setting---that's the one I'm still working on. I have a pretty good idea how to use it in disc 1 setting for trashy sites. Seems a targets conductivity plays the biggest role. Higher conductor target more forgiving.

When relic hunting though lower conductors are important as well, so when in disc 3 setting, the disc depth setting more critical when seeking the lower conductors even bullets.
I'm not quite sure how soil minerals play here with this setting. And of course there is some correlation between it and actual disc setting.

I think I need to bury some deep targets small, med, and large of different conductive properties and do some experiments. I expect maybe a finer line between a good setting and a bad one. Hopefully my test will show.

I also I think have a pretty good understanding of the detector's language for ID of iron. Didn't dig any today. But at one point I could tell the iron was a sounding a bit too good-hence reground balance.

I even run threshold today at 6 with higher gain ---machine was stable.

Went right up to the high power wires and played a little with gain, turbo to see how the detector sounded---- I thought is was very good. Definitely better than some others I've had here.

This 7x9 coil, this may sound sorta stupid, but it hits my 10" coins in my test bed harder than the stock coil--????

I have a few places already picked out for the 7x9 coil---some clean, some trashy. We'll see what happens.

Today was my first ever hunt with a single tone machine---sorta felt weird. And if I use it enough before I use my others, I may experience again when I switch.

I think I have my detector arsenal rounded out now---couple Deus, Racer, XS Explorer, V6, F75LTD2, and the ATX. I think these will do me for a while.

Time sure does fly when detecting.

David
November 09, 2015 05:05AM
Not stupid at all TNSS..The smaller coil will see less dirt and report deeper if the soil is mineralized...Ive had 7 inch coils deerp than 10 inch coils in alot of scenarios..

Paul a faster machine (ORE MODE) will do better in mineral for SEE THROUGH....yet depth can suffer..so it can become a usable depth or non at all scenario..

When you test your ore mode against the DEUS see how fast reactivity wise you can get the DUES up to to hit the same depth as the V6...try the DEUS on 8 kHz and 18Khz...see which one is deeper with faster Reactivity..

this is where FREQ is not everything may open your eyes..

I have a feeling your V6 on (8 khz?) a Standalone setup can do alot of what a 18khz machine can do in mineral with a DD coil...platforms are everything...freq can be made to do alot of out of the box things..

I hope they have improved the V6 over the earlier models...the earlier models were the most setup dependant machines I ever ran...

Buy this I mean I could make it hit a 10 inch minne but miss a 7 inch button.. or dig a 10 inch minnie then once out of he ground you could not find it.. it was the type unit you had to know what you were after before you went and hunted then you needed to know what level the items were at..

worked great for video testing as you know how to make it hit the items in the test..but for real workd the old ones were too much time guesing if you were right in my red clay soil..

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/09/2015 05:10AM by Keith Southern.
November 09, 2015 03:30PM
Keith is right David and I know Daniel knows this too, A smaller coil in mineralized ground can sometimes out perform a larger coil both depth and separation.... With my outing yesterday, one of the two sites normally the larger stock 10" coil on either V5 or V6 is deeper than the new smaller 7" x9" coil. But due to recent rains the moisture spiked up mineralization, thus making the 10" coil useless seeing too much ground even with it's lowest gain....This is what I try and share with friends when hunting, know when to lower Gain or in some cases switch to a smaller coil. Seen too many people run with too much sens or too large a coil not knowing they are not getting depth, it's an eye opener when they finally understand.

Keith, I'll do that with using both kHz with the V6 & Deus. I've ran depth comparisons before between the two at this reluc site. Have a test garden of several pennies and nickels, 8" inches down to 14" inches, from my last test comparison the V6 with smaller 7" x 9" coil was deeper over Deus using 9" coil. But Deus was set at it's highest kHz. So, today will lower the Deus down to 8 kHz.....Only my GPX 5000 can hit the 14" nickel with ease, on a good day when ground conditions are good at this particular site the V5 & V6 can get a nible on the 14" nickel but not strong and that's because of mineralization. Other than that on the pennies both V5 & V6 can get down 12" with repeatable signal, this is with regular soil mode when using the V6....I know for some areas back east, These are not considered deep but for my area this is extremely deep no other detector unless pulse can touch this depth.

Also, Today is my last day off so before heading out to detect will play 18 holes. Recently got back into golf for health reasons, been off the game for 18 years then on my second game two weeks ago shot a hole in one. Mondays is $5 bucks all day golf, before I run those test comparisons will play 18 holes. Full day ahead, Smacking a little ball and later digging holes.

Will post my results later,
Paul
November 11, 2015 08:38PM
Nice to read some V5 and V6 info.
I run a V3 that does a great job but look to upgrade in the near future.
Untill then i will keep reading. Thanks .
February 12, 2017 02:30AM
Another straight shaft for the Blisstool can be seen on my Google Pictures... instructions and parts list too.

[goo.gl]

Gerry

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/12/2017 02:46AM by gdzag.
February 13, 2017 04:26AM
Most friends has sold or Dumped there Blisstools due luck iron disc not knock out and very unstable Tones and EMI. There a new Deetect Relic Striker that will kill Blisstool in Depth with steady Tones.
February 13, 2017 11:48AM
Don't give up your day job... the one where you hang out underneath a bridge or in a cave and scare young children....

[goo.gl]

relicstevemd Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Most friends has sold or Dumped there Blisstools
> due luck iron disc not knock out and very unstabl
> e Tones and EMI. There a new Deetect Relic Strike
> r that will kill Blisstool in Depth with steady To
> nes.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/13/2017 11:57AM by gdzag.
February 13, 2017 09:05PM
I work in job to "Baby Set" people like you 24/7 365 days a year. It seems you are the one under bridge and have you feeling hurt so easy?? You must be A Hillary/Obama supporter! >grinning smiley<
November 21, 2017 12:44AM
I'm sorry I didn't see your blistering retort sooner, you show your intelligence every time you respond. Just, please.... for your own good.... don't ask me.... What the air speed velocity of an unladen swallow is?
November 21, 2017 06:49PM
Hey I have a V3 and use the small coil in iron infested sites with out issues!
November 22, 2017 04:19AM
>grinning smiley< I hope you can dig a hole faster then time it took you post your response !!!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/22/2017 04:20AM by relicstevemd.