Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

GOLD RACER Now Im really STOKED!!!

Posted by Keith Southern 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
GOLD RACER Now Im really STOKED!!!
November 18, 2015 07:30PM
Check out the FREQ!!!!

Notice it also has tone break!!!!!

And iSat in all metal!!

at that freq and with ability to dial in a nail reject it ought to be SURGICAL in iron...Im actually wanting to try the 5 inch concentric on this thing in dense nails..

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/18/2015 07:38PM by Keith Southern.
Re: GOLD RACER Now Im really STOKED!!!
November 18, 2015 07:46PM
Cool

hope the Impact aint far behind! lol
November 18, 2015 08:37PM
I would bet the Racer shows up first Wayne..

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
November 18, 2015 08:40PM
Nice color scheme as well.
Will have to look at one myself after the reviews.

DeepTech Vista X with 3 search coils.
Works for me
November 18, 2015 09:01PM
THAT is exactly what I have been waiting on!!!! I hope that they strengthen the 11 inch coil ears. Just set my 4th one off for replacement. I still love my Racer all the same.
November 18, 2015 09:09PM
5" concentric?

Wonder when dealers will get availability and pricing info...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/18/2015 09:14PM by detectingMO.
November 18, 2015 09:13PM
That's what I've been hoping to see from White's, A cross between an MXT & GMT higher kHz with newer modern features.

The handle kills my wanting one, other than this looks like a nice performer.

Paul
November 18, 2015 09:22PM
Old California Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> That's what I've been hoping to see from White's,
> A cross between an MXT & GMT higher kHz with newer
> modern features.
>
> The handle kills my wanting one, other than this
> looks like a nice performer.
>
> Paul

Yeah - they outta offer it in "choice" of S handle or Straight rod style for a slight difference in price like FT does for the F19/G2+
November 18, 2015 09:42PM
That's refreshing, I applaude their decision to make a proper high freq machine.
They should also consider a high freq pinpointer, something in the 30 - 60 KHz region. Some of you may remember I've tinkered with my pointers quite a bit, both the Garrett Propointer, and the Sherlock DTS (running at 60KHz). The Sherlock comprehensively beats the Garrett on tiny targets. I always fancied trying to hack a Propointer to run at 30+KHz......
November 18, 2015 09:49PM
Keith Southern Wrote:
> I would bet the Racer shows up first Wayne..
>
> Keith

You are absolutely correct Keith!
November 18, 2015 09:49PM
Keith Southern Wrote:
> I would bet the Racer shows up first Wayne..
>
> Keith

You are absolutely correct Keith!!
November 18, 2015 09:52PM
MichiganRelicHunter Wrote:
> Old California Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > That's what I've been hoping to see from
> White's,
> > A cross between an MXT & GMT higher kHz with
> newer
> > modern features.
> >
> > The handle kills my wanting one, other than
> this
> > looks like a nice performer.
> >
> > Paul
>
>
> Yeah - they outta offer it in "choice" of S handle
> or Straight rod style for a slight difference in
> price like FT does for the F19/G2+

The non camouflage f19 and g2+ are actually both 749 now. Choice is preference!
November 18, 2015 09:58PM
Yes Id love to see a small Concentric in some nasty tin infested 1880's sites...

A Freq that high is going to need the right coil in Tin...esepcially since Makro is really pushing the gain hot on their units..

Keith

-Nikola Tesla
November 18, 2015 09:59PM
Dilek does the Gold have the bluetooh as standard.I see a hump on the side of the housing?

keith

-Nikola Tesla
November 18, 2015 10:04PM
And still the 90° handle, the same loose piece of rubber on the (sharp) trigger and the volume control knob at the back. Probably the speaker at the bottom too... I wonder why something like this can happen after the Racer has been on the market for quite a while. Is no one at the company hunting with this thing (I mean really hunting in the woods for several hours and not just in the test garden)?

I can't lean the Racer against trees without "changing the volume". This could damage the detector after a while. I would also like to lay the Racer down, but the bottom is not very stable. It always falls to one side (at least in my terrain). I expected a change...
November 18, 2015 10:15PM
Keith Southern Wrote:
> Dilek does the Gold have the bluetooh as
> standard.I see a hump on the side of the housing?
>
> keith

No Bluetooth... 2.4GHz wireless headphones (optional).
November 18, 2015 10:20PM
O.K. Sounds great!!

Thank's for the reply!

Keith

-Nikola Tesla
November 18, 2015 10:25PM
I always lay the Racer down, on its side. Unfortunately, I haven't used it in a while because I'm down to one coil bolt (2 have come apart while taking the nut off to change coils). Michael Bernsweig at Detector Electronics told me 3 weeks ago they would be shipping in 2 weeks. Still no word. Very disappointed in their customer service. Racer needs another US distributor IMO, and some lessons in ergonomics.

Pleasant Garden, NC
AT Max, Nokta Impact, MX Sport, Nokta FORS Relic, GPX 4800, Infinium, Racer, Deus, F75SE, Nautilus DMC II (order of acquisition, last to first)

Does an archeologist argue with a plow? A bureaucrat with a bulldozer?
November 18, 2015 10:42PM
x2000 Wrote:
> And still the 90° handle, the same loose piece of
> rubber on the (sharp) trigger and the volume
> control knob at the back. Probably the speaker at
> the bottom too... I wonder why something like this
> can happen after the Racer has been on the market
> for quite a while. Is no one at the company
> hunting with this thing (I mean really hunting in
> the woods for several hours and not just in the
> test garden)?
>
> I can't lean the Racer against trees without
> "changing the volume". This could damage the
> detector after a while. I would also like to lay
> the Racer down, but the bottom is not very stable.
> It always falls to one side (at least in my
> terrain). I expected a change...

Hello and thank you for your comments. The angle on the S-rod has been changed and it was tested by Keith. He can comment on that. We try our best to give our customers what they need but it is impossible to accommodate each and every request around the world so we focus on what the majority needs. Changes that may seem like a simple modification from a customer’s point of view may actually lead to many other changes with positive and negative results in an existing product. We never close our ears to our customers. We listen and we believe we deserve some credit for what we have delivered so far considering the fact that not a single change has been made to so many other models in this industry for many years regardless of endless customer requests. All we can promise is that we will keep on listening and we will try to give our valued customers what they need versus what we want and we apologize for what we could/can not deliver. Thank you!
November 18, 2015 10:45PM
Keith Southern Wrote:
> Yes Id love to see a small Concentric in some
> nasty tin infested 1880's sites...
>
> A Freq that high is going to need the right coil
> in Tin...esepcially since Makro is really pushing
> the gain hot on their units..
>
> Keith

Yes, I agree. My ? Was because you mentioned a 5" concentric that as far as I know they don't make. MAYBE you know something...

Love the 5.75 on modified cibola hightone
November 18, 2015 11:34PM
The Gold Racer 56 has my attention. I wonder how EMI resistant it will be?

As good or better in EMI than the ATPro & GoldBug? My Lobo ST will be in my hand next week (thanks Flintstone) and I'm hoping it has better EMI resistance than my F19. EMI is my number one headache. Granted the F19 is pretty stable but I still have a lot of area's where I have to turn it down and the one detector I try my best to never turn down the sensitivity on are the GoldBug/G2/F19 series because it kills the audio.

HH
Mike
November 18, 2015 11:38PM
Mike if your after low conductors in I believe you say your in black sand...you woulddo far worse than to already have a CoRe or Racer..

Its sees in mineral far better in terms of ferrous or non ferrous proper I'd than say a T2 or F75..

And even a F19..

Keith

-Nikola Tesla
November 19, 2015 01:37AM
>
> Hello and thank you for your comments. The angle
> on the S-rod has been changed and it was tested by
> Keith. He can comment on that. We try our best to
> give our customers what they need but it is
> impossible to accommodate each and every request
> around the world so we focus on what the majority
> needs. Changes that may seem like a simple
> modification from a customer’s point of view may
> actually lead to many other changes with positive
> and negative results in an existing product. We
> never close our ears to our customers. We listen
> and we believe we deserve some credit for what we
> have delivered so far considering the fact that
> not a single change has been made to so many other
> models in this industry for many years regardless
> of endless customer requests. All we can promise
> is that we will keep on listening and we will try
> to give our valued customers what they need versus
> what we want and we apologize for what we
> could/can not deliver. Thank you!

so, to be clear, the brochure photo is incorrect in that it shows the 'old' 90 degree bend, right? you should definitely update your marketing materials to reflect
the 'new' bend angle as tested by Keith if that is what you intend to ship.....the wrong brochure photo could already be circulating and cause some friction....
nice machine IMHO. Please ship the Impact with the 5X10 coil as standard! thanks...
November 19, 2015 02:34AM
Shame it doesn't have the pistol grip handle and inside cable rod setup like the Imact, but all the same it looks very interesting!

The iSAT only works in AM mode?
November 19, 2015 03:10AM
There is no threshold in the disc modes to adjust with iSAT.
November 19, 2015 05:34AM
x2000 Wrote:
> And still the 90° handle, the same loose piece of
> rubber on the (sharp) trigger and the volume
> control knob at the back. Probably the speaker at
> the bottom too... I wonder why something like this
> can happen after the Racer has been on the market
> for quite a while. Is no one at the company
> hunting with this thing (I mean really hunting in
> the woods for several hours and not just in the
> test garden)?
>
> I can't lean the Racer against trees without
> "changing the volume". This could damage the
> detector after a while. I would also like to lay
> the Racer down, but the bottom is not very stable.
> It always falls to one side (at least in my
> terrain). I expected a change...

yet with ALL those problems you listed it appears to detect metal as good as, if not better than whats coming out of the more well established stables -

I have not heard of many volume control knobs breaking, the 'S' shaft is fine the way it is, in fact it gives you more grip options 'on the fly' than the standard 'S' shafts and the speaker placement is not a deal breaker IMO as most of us use headphones -

What I like about the Racer is that it can foot it with the best of whats on the market today and these guys have only just started putting out hobby detectors -

Also if only some of my customers did not like the angle of the handle I would not change it - Nor the speaker placement if if was not an actual issue and as for the placement of the volume control, I agree. Its not in the best place however I have only heard of one breakage and that was the users fault (which they admit) and not a design issue - Makro have proven themselves that they do listen to customers but its not feasible to impliment changes just because a few dont like one of two design aspects - That would be corporate suicide

However with all that in mind I think you just might like the Nokta Impact when it comes out as they appear to have addressed those issues you raise -

As for your last statement - "I expect a change" Can you tell me any other company in the world that would drop what they are doing just to address the issues you raised? - I mean honestly, (with respect) I think you expect too much -
November 19, 2015 05:42AM
Can't wait for more details and release date!
I really liked the original Racer and have been waiting for this one.
Will it have an epoxy filled elliptical coil?
That was one of the few things I didn't really like about the Racer.
Not a fan of hollow coils bouncing off the rocks and brush.
It will be nice to get a tone break and I'm curious about the imask and
Disk modes.
How many tones?
How many coils?
How many nuggets!
Can't wait !
Bryan
November 19, 2015 06:07AM
What Im so excited about is the thoughts of it slamming confederate Buttons..

Those reb buttons are hard to hear in iron...I mean they sound like a Square nail false at times...

Yankee buttons can sound Good to great but a Reb button is one Tough Son of a gun to pull out of nails...

There still there jsut waiting for a tool to get them!!

And I have to be honest i live int he gold belt..I actually live near gold mines...this thing may be the Machine that makes me go down to the creek...

Very Very Very Smart Engineering we have with the Gold ..Its at 56 Khz,Hopefully a real Gold Freq a real small gold slammer freq...then they have coupled it with a full disc circuit and Visual I.D...I mean that's as far as I know No mans land..

If its got decent depth on Buttons and thing silver coins and handles iron and or trash well what a UNIQUE tool to own!

I wouldnt want to if I was a propector only say take a Gold Bug 2 or a Whites GMT or GMZ or a Minelab Eureka down to a trash construction lot...

Imaging your only machine is a Gold unit but theres a construction site down the street full of Histrocial artifacts or old coins but its REALLY trashy...

If you have a unit that's full featured you could go on down and get some.. and still go out the next day to persue your prospecting quest with a High gain High Freq unit...I feel this may fill a VOID..

Keith

-Nikola Tesla
November 19, 2015 12:46PM
Hey Keith, one of my main hunting partners is an old timer named Jerry. He has been detecting since 1972, but still acts like a kid with a good find,lol. Anyway, he is truly a wizard with a detector. We do alot of hiking/exploring in gold areas. He usually brings his gmt. Well, you know me, I prefer relics over nuggets, so Im always looking for camps, which I ofyen find. And when I do, Jerry works the hell out of it with that gmt,lol. I dont know how he does it, but he pulls some great relics out of the iron with his gmt. His other detectors are a 6000 and a gp extreme, so you see he doesnt change much,lol.
November 19, 2015 01:05PM
I may have to try my first Turkish made machine when this machine is released. I love the higher frequency machines and Keith and me have the same dirt and hunt the iron infested sites other hunters don't even attempt to pick through. I hope it's released before the snakes start crawling!